Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

I've been noticing lately that the aircraft composition on the server shifted a lot towards fighters, especially on the week end and I already wanted to investigate this.

I am not sure how it happens since OC didn't change that much since I started working on ReGenesis. Did the 104th closed? :)

Blue Flag has been doing testing, with some longish down times occasionally. I can easily see some coming to OC to get a multiplayer fix.

[sIGPIC]Complimentary barf bags available on request.[/sIGPIC]

Here is a link from the author for the Huey cockpit mod I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgcnzfoy66itjfc/UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip?dl=0

He says it is always a work in progress which is why he hasn't released it. I think it is beautiful. Works great for me. Your mileage may vary. Some restrictions apply.

Here is a link from the author for the Huey cockpit mod I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgcnzfoy66itjfc/UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip?dl=0

He says it is always a work in progress which is why he hasn't released it. I think it is beautiful. Works great for me. Your mileage may vary. Some restrictions apply.

ty!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Server Update

(Server Maintenance done ; windows 10 is happy)

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.5.7

AI CAP

• Will now longer stop respawning if they is too many players
  • This will offer a minimum protection for non-fighter aircrafts

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.5.4

Warehouse

• Warehouse system is now activated on the mission
  • Weapons & fuel tanks are no longer in infinite quantities
  • CBU's are in low number
  • Nukes are gone even if they couldn't be used (RN24, RN28)

Operation Less Air-quake (Experiments v2)

• ARH missiles are gone (AIM120, R77)
  • Fuel tanks for F15 are gone
  • Low fuel fighters are now starting with more fuel to compensate

Krasnodar

• Added more SAM defences (Hawk) because this zone is more exposed (no mountains)

It's all lot of manual changes, so don't hesitate to report problems or even your experience on Open Conflict with this new changes

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

[

Flanker pilot, rejoice lol :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Love playing on the server! But where is it located. 300ms ping for me in Europe.

Seems like all the good servers are located in USA.

If you want i have the hardware and fiber to host a europe version for you :P

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

]

Warehouse

• Warehouse system is now activated on the mission
  • Weapons & fuel tanks are no longer in infinite quantities
  • CBU's are in low number
  • Nukes are gone even if they couldn't be used (RN24, RN28)

Interesting, i like it!

Are you planning to introduce an option to resupply the airfields?

Maybe also get rid of the ET and ER and leave the R & T to equal things out a bit more?

Edit: Unguided rockets are a bit of an issue with the limits, it doesn't count racks but single rockets, so they would run out rather quickly.

Edited by bertOC

yeah two mi8s can deplete the unguided rockets in 1 sortie lol curious what does Warehouse system mean?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

yeah two mi8s can deplete the unguided rockets in 1 sortie lol curious what does Warehouse system mean?

A term used in the "Resource Manager" feature of the Mission Editor. Page 216 of the DCS User Manual.

"The Resource Manager (RM) is Mission Editor a system that allows you to set a determined quantity of aircraft, fuel and equipment at each airbase warehouse and independent warehouse. Each warehouse (airbase or independent) can resupply other warehouses with defined speed, periodicity and size.

The RM is a very useful tool for single player and multiplayer missions in which the mission designer can limit the available aircraft, fuel and weapons to the player(s). Thereby adding a level of strategic thinking of how to best use limited resources."

That's copy/pasted right from the book. Those aren't my typos.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Oh I see. I thought maybe he enabled some sort of resupply system that helos could replenish airfields.

Mirk have you ever thought of using a slot block system to crashed/shot down fighters? Like maybe they would be deactivated for x amount of time until they were successfully rescued? Or in case there was no helos the spot would reactivate after X amount of minute?

Maybe not used in conjunction with your current testing phase, but maybe for regenisis?

A term used in the "Resource Manager" feature of the Mission Editor. Page 216 of the DCS User Manual.

I haven't used this system so far because it's a lot of work for not a lot a cool stuff :P

• Even using an outisde script, the warehouse edition of all airports is long
  • The file generated in the mission is huge making the mission larger (even compressed)
  • When a new missile/bomb is released, it can mess-up the whole thing so you have to check everything each patch
  • AFAIK, this is a closed system and there are no script function for Skynet to link deliver mission with resupplying this system

Are you planning to introduce an option to resupply the airfields?

I can't with the warehouse system as I don't have access to it from script.

However, in ReGenesis, I was thinking of having to skynet-resupply a captured airport/FARP to unlock playable slots on it.

Maybe also get rid of the ET and ER and leave the R & T to equal things out a bit more?

We'll burn this bridge when we have to cross it :)

Something to know is I can't control the player aircraft payloads or I will have limited the Fox3 to like 2 per payload.

The removal of the ET would be the next logical step but it's not like a su27 can take 8 of them.

The removal of ER would cripple maybe to much the MiG29.

Let's monitor the situation and see if it requires more intervention :)

Edit: Unguided rockets are a bit of an issue with the limits, it doesn't count racks but single rockets, so they would run out rather quickly.

Good call.

Yea sadly, to put some weapon count to 0, I have to put a number for everything else :/

I will fix this and increase the number of "not limited" ammo to something bigger.

Mirk have you ever thought of using a slot block system to crashed/shot down fighters? Maybe not used in conjunction with your current testing phase, but maybe for regenisis?

Like a lot of more complex and work-intensive solution, yea I may use this for ReGenesis like also, a more air superiority battle front and a more ground pounding one.

Love playing on the server! But where is it located. 300ms ping for me in Europe.

Seems like all the good servers are located in USA.

Haha nope, the server is on east coast Canada!

Even if an ocean separates us, usually, European has a ping of 100-200ms.

300ms seems really high except if you do stuff with you internet like torrenting, streaming...

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Haha nope, the server is on east coast Canada!

Even if an ocean separates us, usually, European has a ping of 100-200ms.

300ms seems really high except if you do stuff with you internet like torrenting, streaming...

So maybe i over exaggerated a little, still 200+ is high and usually results in choppy airplanes on strips.

Another Open Conflict record setting flight!

In anticipation of Normandy and English channel crossings, Bert and I decided to set a new record with our P51s. Taking off from Kobuleti with drop tanks and nerves of steel we flew 500+ miles and nearly 2 hours of time en-route to make it to Anapa. Overflying Nalchik and stopping at Krasnodar to pick up some bombs and rockets to eliminate some weapons factories as well. Always fun to take a break from the kill kill action to just set up a nice flight plan and have a cross country!

The entire album is here--

http://imgur.com/a/WSsc7

Bm4iOIl

Screen_170522_142716.thumb.jpg.152b9a948c1999398ac43cfd4591ff95.jpg

Screen_170522_154754.thumb.jpg.ee4d6c97955d9c7e846b6113ac0bad8b.jpg

Screen_170522_143750.thumb.jpg.7f948c52e274be6d45e8ce2bcb627366.jpg

Screen_170522_142819.thumb.jpg.b5ed24c98e3811089f6e3a388a4581ad.jpg

Screen_170522_153055.thumb.jpg.b80eb9be3af2afdd533bf3bf5f7492ff.jpg

Screen_170522_153322.thumb.jpg.78beb4dee9eccb2d932362ec64f4c8ed.jpg

Edited by acdelta57

Hey just flew a sortie in 2000 and one in 27 today. F15 is a rare sight atm. I wouldn't allow the Et and Er missiles but keep the data link for the 27.

Awesome server! Keep it up!

Onyx

I think the extra defence is maybe more vital than we anticipated and were overzealous to suggest the nerf and spawn delay. Here's why:

The combination of the FC3 fuel delay and CAP delay means that very often we see situations where almost all of your team's CAP is on the deck fuelling and there's absolutely no fighter cover in the conflict zone, which means the other team have pushed all the way up as far as they can. Yes the skynet flak and SAMs get some, but the smart ones (and there are quite a few!) simply stay far enough away from those objectives, but still are able to aggressively engage any aircraft before they have entered the conflict zone. This is especially apparent around the Bluefor Krasnodar Airfields where on occasion I am fired upon before even reaching the conflict zone. The Skynet destroys these missiles most of the time but I've been shot down before reaching the conflict zone before.

My solution(s): the bluefor HAWK site is far less effective than the redfor KUB down by Sochi. I think the launchers should be moved closer to the Krasnodar airbases so that they can more effectively deter fighters skulking in the north of the Bluefor zone away from the SAM base and fleet.

Shouldn't you be waiting for that CAP, instead of getting airbourne without it racing to go off and kill ground units, a'la airquake. :)

Re. The F-15 fuel tanks, why not put them at another airbase so pilots can transit or rtb to gain much needed fuel tanks. Not having them restricts CAP time compared to Flankers plus having no ARH is already a kick in the teeth seems harsh to double wammy the Eagle.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I tried to get on the server yesterday but all slots were taken. So many people! Can we have more slots?

I don't have the finance for a better internet connection but you can pitch in ; the donation link is in my signature ;)

I read alot of whining and moaning about F-15 fuel tanks unavailable from F-15 pilots in chat window lately.

It was expected.

Basically, the (constructive) complaints I receive on the forum or in private messages are as follow:

70% -> Too much airquake

30% -> Too much datalink-sneak-ET-kills

10% -> Need more slots!

20% -> Need more dynamic events

15% -> You don't know how to count

I never received any complaints from F15pilots saying it's too easy to kill an helicopter with 8 AIM120.

It's always good to shake things up even if some changes may not persists.

Tell the complaining pilots to come here and participate constructively to the betterment of Open conflict.

Re. The F-15 fuel tanks, why not put them at another airbase so pilots can transit or rtb to gain much needed fuel tanks. Not having them restricts CAP time compared to Flankers plus having no ARH is already a kick in the teeth seems harsh to double wammy the Eagle.

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you.

In my initial design for this release, the F15 slots would be moved to airports closer from the CZ but Sochi is full like you can't imagine, most of the heli/WWII slots are "On Ground" instead of "Parked".

It's a nightmare ; I blame the Gazelle releasing all the alphabet letters :megalol:

I like the idea of having some weapons only available on certain airbases and it's something I could try to use on capturable airports in the next Skynet.

I think the changes to the CAP respawn and the removal of the ARH may be enough for now and the fuel tank change could be reverted.

I wouldn't allow the Et and Er missiles but keep the data link for the 27

I am not sure why people would put the ER in the same category as Fox3 because you still get many alarms and a lot of time to react.

The ET might need to get gone too.

Awesome server! Keep it up!

Thanks, it's not easy man :lol:

I will ship a new version tomorrow so don't hesitate to comment on all of this :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I never received any complaints from F15pilots saying it's too easy to kill an helicopter with 8 AIM120.

:rotflmao: cleans Dr. Pepper off his monitor :rotflmao:

Stupid forums won't let me up your reputation to the stratospheric heights required. But seriously thanks for all the work you put into this. I hit the tip jar every month I fly.

I don't have the finance for a better internet connection but you can pitch in ; the donation link is in my signature ;)

Already offered to host a second server for you in europe. its only 8GB ram at the moment, but give me a go and ill order another 8 today! server have all the requirements.

It will also solve your slot problem :P

Already offered to host a second server for you in europe. its only 8GB ram at the moment, but give me a go and ill order another 8 today! server have all the requirements.

It will also solve your slot problem :P

While I appreciate the proposition, I am, for now, focusing on growing my current server, not opening new ones.

Even if players usually see the slot count as the first thing to fix, the donations are more generic and sometimes just used to keep the server alive.

The donations are here to support the current server and the work I do behind the scene.

The donations help to go toward more slots (from 20 to 30 recently) but they also help me maintain it when something break down (so far 1 hard drive, 2 video cards) and also help me grow the server for everyone.

Finally, donations also helps me buy DCS modules I wouldn't have bought but that really helped me develop content for particular aircrafts (for example the UH1 for the rescue / deliver systems).

And I will not start on the new DCS monetization where I will have to buy a lot of stuff twice to host a server :cry:

I know it's not easy to give money randomly without knowing if I am spending everything on cocaine but I also accept piece of hardware and DCS module/map licences :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Shouldn't you be waiting for that CAP, instead of getting airbourne without it racing to go off and kill ground units, a'la airquake. :)

A better solution, at least to me, is to make the Eagle pilots actually work for their gas. Station an invincible tanker behind the edge of the conflict zone for each team, Eagle pilots could pull out and hit the tanker to get gas if their running low. Either that or make the current tankers respawn faster. This gives a means for Eagle pilots to stay on station and also increases the challenge in the server, a good thing in my eyes. The other problem is that most of these Eagle drivers run around in full AB all the time, learning to pull it out of AB can save a lot of fuel.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Hey all, so... Its just about been 12 months since I got my DCS addiction and found OC and what a 12 months its been.

I've gone from a 22" screen with a Saitek Cyborg Evo from the early 2ks to a lovely little setup now.

mJLm2kT.jpg

34" ultrawide screen

Track IR

TM Warthog

TM MFDs

MFG Crosswinds

I've gone from just having the F15 to almost every module in the game!

With a few good guys time was even found to form the Wardogs which is made up of a few of us regulars on the OC server.

Mirk, I just want to say thanks to providing an awesome server and hope that we can continue to help the community grow! Without you this addiction may not have been so severe :)

Here's to the next year of DCS and look forward to all the new toys we'll get to fly!

Too bad you still cant shoot anyone down with that setup Crav...:lol: