Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Mirknir, I'm just curious. What would it take to be able to get the server to a point where more than 31 slots can be available? Is it a question of hardware? Seems that lately the server is always either full or close to it.

hehe it would take more money :music_whistling:

I am putting a lot of time in the development of the server but I can't put a lot of money.

The server went from 20 to 30 recently but yea, the server would need a better computer and a better internet connection.

For this purpose, I've opened the server to donation (link in my signature) but I am not very good or comfortable to ask for money :noexpression:

Now that the server is a bit more popular, I might also try to ask again ED for some dev licenses so I can better develop the server for all the modules I don't own.

Money is always in the way but I want to keep the server public as my first intent for Open Conflict was to create a fun place to discover DCS.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

For this purpose, I've opened the server to donation (link in my signature) but I am not very good or comfortable to ask for money :noexpression:

Well it worked, I just donated ;). Keep up the good work :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Had my first flight yesterday, was working pretty well! But as a newbie took me llike 10 minutes ust to figure out the chat key.... :D

Do I have anything to know to fly with you guys? Like usual habits on the server? Basically I just started the M2K and went into conflict zone, but don't know if you guys try to group at some point, or chat on some frequency (didn't try to connect simple radio for now but will do).

Are there particular goals or should we just destroy bandits announced by AWACS? :D

Thanks and cya online!

OC does have a teamspeak you can join to group with other there are many regulars on the server and several people always on the teamspeak. I think the details are either on the first page of this thread or in the briefing message when you Join

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...... after playing on blue for a long time, I decided to join red in my A10c. Not sure why I hadn't noticed but I did not make the connection that BLUE smoke indicates targets when on the red side. Long story short..... I dropped a CBU on our DAC and got kicked (understandably). Now I cannot rejoin. Am I banned? If so, for how long?

:poster_oops:

EDIT: Never mind, it must only be a short ban if so. I'm now able to get back in.

Edited by Scottvdken

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

Had a quick go yesterday, and tried this time to start with some backup mk-82 under the Mirage just in case :)

How are you chosing ground targets? Tried the F10 menu, and it shows a list of undefended and defended targets. Like some offshore oil station on one side, and armored targets on the other. Are there better targets than other from a strategic point of view, or should I just look at F10 map, see where are the A10s and KA50s and just join them?

Are you trying to destroy stuff under red smoke (when blue :D) ?

Hey Oldfox, welcome to the OC club :) Like cravgar said there's a OC teamspeak where lots of people hang out, info is on page 1 of this thread and also in the briefing in the mission.

In terms of rules/habits, things are pretty lenient. There's lots of ground targets to attack and no overall objective outside of 'kill as much as you can before the reset!' which is great because, despite the best efforts of an entire squadron, its basically impossible to kill everything. :thumbup: For A-A there's AI CAP which patrol the conflict zone for you to engage, and of course any and all players that enter the conflict zone so go nuts :)

The only 'rules' really are don't taxiway takeoff unless you're 110% clear theres no one who could potentially get in the way, try not to teamkill (the protected zones automatically destroy any friendly fire missiles launched to help this) and don't rearm/refuel on the runways so others can takeoff and land. Otherwise its just a general 'don't be a d*ck' and the rest is up to you :)

If you're ever not sure about anything either pop a message on here or if you're in the server, look out for the WarDog squadron (players marked with a {WD} before their name). We're Mirknir's 'Crazy veterans' and are some of the most frequent and experienced flyers for the OC server and we are all happy to help. Most of us have the M2K so grab us if you need a hand. Some of us are also server admins so we can help with trolls etc :)

Hope you enjoy the server, there's a reason it's considered one of the best DCS servers out there right now and nearly always full ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So...... after playing on blue for a long time, I decided to join red in my A10c. Not sure why I hadn't noticed but I did not make the connection that BLUE smoke indicates targets when on the red side. Long story short..... I dropped a CBU on our DAC and got kicked (understandably). Now I cannot rejoin. Am I banned? If so, for how long?

:poster_oops:

EDIT: Never mind, it must only be a short ban if so. I'm now able to get back in.

It's only an autoban and lasts for a short time (like 10-15 minutes) at which point you can rejoin :) If one of the admins is on and they see what happened they can often undo the temporary ban too so if it's genuinely an accident don't worry :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a quick go yesterday, and tried this time to start with some backup mk-82 under the Mirage just in case :)

How are you chosing ground targets? Tried the F10 menu, and it shows a list of undefended and defended targets. Like some offshore oil station on one side, and armored targets on the other. Are there better targets than other from a strategic point of view, or should I just look at F10 map, see where are the A10s and KA50s and just join them?

Are you trying to destroy stuff under red smoke (when blue :D) ?

None of the targets have any strategic priority to one side winning the mission or not because the mission is pretty sandboxy. That being said, some targets are more tactically important than others. Example being the main Tuapse base and the SAM bases. Taking these out reduce the defenses for the opposing team and make life easier for your pilots on the coast. However as you would expect these objectives are heavily defended and best left to the dedicated CAS aircraft, although long range GBU drops are useful if you have an A10 to lase :)

The lighter objectives such as the convoy, oil rigs, listening posts and infantry incursions (watch out for the Stingers!) are better suited to bomb/rocket equipped Mirages but take on anything you like, nothing is impossible with enough grit ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Mirknir, lots of people have been whining about the F-16s 'spamraaming' in the server and reddit/facebook and I was thinking maybe the loadout for them could be modified? Maybe instead of the current setup of 4x120C + 2xAIM-9 it could be changed to 2x120B, 2xAIM-7, 2xAIM-9. This winds in their capability a little bit without borking them and makes fighting them more interesting because you gotta ascertain what they've fired at you with so you can defend accordingly :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F16AI :mad:

Nothing more infuriating then having a 2 hour ka50 flight and in the midst of RTB from Sam base at 5'AGL in a mountain valley I get 120Cd by the AI. Not to mention he was being chased by F15 that shot him down moments before I died "target priority" for the win! Stuff like that makes me rage quit hard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Hey guys,

Haha, the AI CAPs again.

Yea the AI CAPs are difficult to control and while sometimes, they are super dumb, sometimes, combined with the AWACS, they have an OP awareness and thus fighting skills.

While these problems are in ED's hands, I can understand how it can be frustrated at times.

Also to be noted that I forbad them to attack helicopters until these same helicopters started to troll enemy homebases and kill people on spawn.

In addition to providing some AI air targets, the AI CAPs have also a big role in protecting your side of the conflict zone.

They offer minimum protection, prevent people from sneaking too deep and trolling enemy homebases and allow me to not add thousands of SAMs in every valley.

These being said, in Project ReGenesis (the next Skynet), I am designing away from having AI CAPs for policing the map and towards a more player centric approach.

I am creating my own CGI/AWACS codename Overwatch that will behave a bit more realistically.

• Overwatch will take into account what ground/air AIs see, what players see, what base is under attack, basically everything that happens.
  • Overwatch will thus naturally know less the deeper you go in enemy territory and more the closest you are from your homebases.
  • Killing enemy asset and especially some units/buildings (EWR, everything with radars or antenna) will cripple enemy Overwatch system.
  • Overwatch will then dispatch players or spawn AIs a bit more realistically.
  • Without a DCS AWACS in the map, the AIs will go back to being "normal"

For example:

• A player being fired upon by a convoy or a base will 'discovered' it for everyone and the threats will be marked in ag menu
  • Recon will be a thing as the -ag detailed information will need to be built instead of already there.
  • A sneaking helicopter that went too deep in enemy territory or attacked a homebase will have some very detailed BRA calls issued about him to enemy CAP players.

I am still building the system but you can see a bit more the design intents behind this.

"target priority" for the win! Stuff like that makes me rage quit hard

I have very limited control over how AIs fight but this could be a feedback for ED.

Also, because the AIM120C is fire and forget in some ranges, the AI can actually attack different targets at the same time and target priority may not apply.

I was thinking maybe the loadout for them could be modified?

Yea I will change the payload to less AIM120.

Hey Mirknir, lots of people have been whining about the F-16s 'spamraaming' in the server and reddit/facebook

As much as I like having constructive feedback on the server, I also liked a lot when you guys posted more stories, screenshots or videos about stuff happening on the server.

Knowing the irritants is one thing but also knowing what people like to do and have liked experiencing is critical for me, my motivation and Project ReGenesis so don't hesitate to post more :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• A player being fired upon by a convoy or a base will 'discovered' it for everyone and the threats will be marked in ag menu
  • Recon will be a thing as the -ag detailed information will need to be built instead of already there.
  • A sneaking helicopter that went too deep in enemy territory or attacked a homebase will have some very detailed BRA calls issued about him to enemy CAP players.

I am still building the system but you can see a bit more the design intents behind this.

This sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Thanks again for all the work you put into this server. This has been the only thing on my playlist for a while now, and likely for some time to come.

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

Future plans sounds really cool!!

Yesterday was lucky to find a M2000 wingman to die with... Oh my it's so hard to get the slightest situational awareness.... We flied seeing nothing, then I had a contact on radar but difficult to keep it showing... Closing in... "He's engaging me that shit is beeping and warning everywhere"... Soon I realised it was just a poor big enemy tanker...... I guess bips were from sams or ships... No idea the RWR is so cluttered :O

Cannoned him a bit for fun... but soon realized I was just engaged on my 6 by.... a SU 25 :D :D.... I could manoeuvre to get on his six but wow was close....

That to say: how hard it is for me to get the feel of where I am and what's around.....

By the way, I tried to open the tacview file a few times and never could get the last say 20 minutes of what just happened: is there a forced delay? Or is it stoping when dying and respawning?

Thanks, I guess I have a lot to learn.....

Hello,

The same happened to me as well mate,

I was in server and I was kicked by Admin. No team kills, no midairs. Just fighting.

We were not able as well to join the server after being kicked.

I would be grateful to know the reason.

=GR= Panthir my nickname.

Cheers

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Hello,

I was playing in the server few minutes ago, i had 10 kills and 2 loss.

And admin kick me out from the server.

Can i ask the reason please?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi pistola/panthir

That was me, The ban was done by mistake and the ban is already expired. Sorry about that! I meant to put you in spectator because you were (possibly inadvertently) shooting people down before they were in the conflict zone. I used the wrong command however, but it's all sorted now you have access to the server as normal

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Cosmic for replying. But why you assessed that we were killing people before the enter the conflict zone. We checked the tacview track and it seems that we were acting in compliance with your rules.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Thank you Cosmic for replying. But why you assessed that we were killing people before the enter the conflict zone. We checked the tacview track and it seems that we were acting in compliance with your rules.

One of you was shot down practically over the top of geleznik earlier in the sortie whilst engaging people who were on the blue side at the border. Plus the prowling on the border was unsporting but you were flying well which is why I only wanted to put you back at the airfield. all the bans are lifted so don't worry, and I apologise again!

All of this said multiplayer disputes are not meant to be on this thread so before an admin steps in and start deleting posts If you'd like further clarification or questions just drop me a pm :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:banned: lol niceeeeee

Cosmic just change ur game to THE HAMMER:bash:

Always good to have someone protecting the safe zones from trolls tho :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''