Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Hello Mirk,

i came back home today and jumped on OC but i kept timing out all the time from the server although my internet is normal, my ping is the same as it used to be and i tried connecting to other servers and had no Issue playing on them without losing connection.

did anything change ?

I had a connection timed out issue last night around 10pm GMT -5, and it was not part of the scheduled restart. It was too late I had to get to bed so I didn't reconnect to see if it was consistently happening.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

i am sad to see no screenshots capturing the moment when

"XXX in Spitfire -> killed -> XXX in Su27" appeared in the chatlog.

or when you accept the backseat request while flying the l-39za, only to have a crazy huey pilot popping your IFR hood down while you are diving in to destroy a zu23 AA emplacement with rockets/bombs :-D

crazy good times on open conflict.

I like flying on this server, as I've mentioned, but haven't recently as I fly in a small group, and some of the guys (UK based) have been complaining of lag on the server.

I've not had any lag myself, but I do have a very fast connection. The ping for me is usually in the 90's, which is acceptable. I'll have to find out what the guys get.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

i am sad to see no screenshots capturing the moment when

"XXX in Spitfire -> killed -> XXX in Su27" appeared in the chatlog.

or when you accept the backseat request while flying the l-39za, only to have a crazy huey pilot popping your IFR hood down while you are diving in to destroy a zu23 AA emplacement with rockets/bombs :-D

crazy good times on open conflict.

As someone who quietly trundles around in his Huey rescuing downed pilots (rarely successfully) and trying desperately not to get in the way I had to think, "was I that huey lol?"

I doubt it because I'm not brave enough to go 50 miles from any AA emplacement, which is probably why I rarely rescue anyone :)

Ramble over.

I like flying on this server, as I've mentioned, but haven't recently as I fly in a small group, and some of the guys (UK based) have been complaining of lag on the server.

I've not had any lag myself, but I do have a very fast connection. The ping for me is usually in the 90's, which is acceptable. I'll have to find out what the guys get.

There's a few of us who are regulars on the server and are UK based (myself, Cravgar, Junglie if you want to get hold of us) and we all have sub 150 pings. Our connections are normally more than adequate to the server so I'm not sure whats going on with your mates. Maybe they can check nothing else is hogging their bandwidth?

Anyway all you helo pilots just remember, if you need something killing just pop a request for help in the chat. We 'crazy veterans' are always prowling the conflict zone with rockets/bombs/missiles and are more than willing to help the helos out, especially the medic ones :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1)

all the FC3 fighters start without fuel. This is so that they can't just power up and takeoff and rush the conflict zone. The FC3 planes have the massive advantage over the DCS level modules in that they have very simple startups: shift + home and voila 20 seconds later you're ready for taxi. To mitigate that the refuelling element 'simulates' the time a DCS level plane has to take aligning systems, warming up radars/targeting pods, and all the other complexities of getting the plane ready to fly and fight.

The SU27/33 have 30% fuel because they have larger tanks than the F15 and Mig-29 and so with 30% the refuel time to max is about the same for all FC3 planes

2) there are cargo ships at one of the sea based objectives. Any fighter with rockets/bombs can kill these. The SU27/33 can carry FAB-500 bombs and S25 rockets, and these can kill the cargo ships. If you're feeling ballsy and have competent teammates, there are also destroyers and corvettes near Tuapse. These can be killed by the super heavy rockets/bombs but with current weather conditions good luck making an accurate drop through the clouds/wind/CIWS :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two questions:

- Why does the Su-27 (and other aircraft, I suppose) only start at 30% fuel currently?

- How does an Su-27 kill ships (according to the scoreboard)? It only has unguided rockets and light bombs, I believe.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Brett

1. To prevent air quaking by providing an incentive o rtb so you don't have to refuel as long

2. FAB-250s can punch through tanker ships. They are like 500 pound bombs.

Edit: sniped by cosmic :P

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Two questions:

- Why does the Su-27 (and other aircraft, I suppose) only start at 30% fuel currently?

- How does an Su-27 kill ships (according to the scoreboard)? It only has unguided rockets and light bombs, I believe.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Brett

the Su-27 probably sunk a Tanker/Cargo ship.

They give the same score as other ship types and can easily be killed with Rockets or bombs.

Two questions:

Thank you.

Best regards,

Brett

Scores stay even after switching planes. You can do a run with the 25T, bring havoc to tuapse and than hop into your fighter and enjoy less SAM.

Edited by bertOC

It's a little bit windy, right? Like, flying 20 degrees off-bore windy?

Now I realise why I was looking out of the "quarterlight" to fly the Hip all the time the other night.

Bit dumb, really - I just couldn't work out why I was unable to keep it pointing the way I was flying! :doh:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Can we get ridd of the low hanging clouds...makes attacking ground targets quite the pain

Also the wind might be a bit too close to hurricane levels :P

Especially the wind, yes. They are a bit exaggerated.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]