Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

As a airquake controlling measure maybe instead of limiting weapons (which I feel defeats the point of OC being a training/for anyone server) there could be a skynet enforced fighter limit? This could be scalable with the number of players.

For example: if the server is full at 31 players, this means both teams can have a maximum of 9 modern ASFs. This can be any combination of the F15, Mirage and SU33/27 but once that limit is reached, skynet won't let you spawn in those aircraft even if slots are available. When the limit is reached skynet will inform a player attempting to enter the slot that the team fighter limit is reached and to either wait for a slot, choose a different plane, or check the availability of the other team. This will also help the player balance issue because if a player wants to fly the F15 that badly, they will check redfor slots if blue is full.

When the server has fewer players in, this limit would decrease too. If there are only 20 players on this could be 5 fighters per team for example. This could also link in with the currently existing spawn system for the AI CAP. When the team fighter limit is below 5 per team, the AI is spawned as a protection measure for attackers, and also to provide extra targets for the few people playing CAP.

The F5, Mig21 and other legacy planes would not be included in this counter because their DCS level nature doesn't suit airquaking and their A-A loadout is not overwhelmingly large, as well as the other various disadvantages of taking a 1970s 2nd/3rd generation fighter up against 1996+ AIM-120Cs :lol:

I'm not sure where the MiG-29 would sit in this counter though.. On one hand they are FC3 level and the 'S' version carries the R77 amraamski plus internal ECM, but on the other hand they have very limited fuel/pylons, less capable radar + no datalink, their EO system is far worse than the SU27/33, and the 'A/G' version have inferior BVR missiles (no R77, BVR on inner wing only and limited to R27s). So maybe the mig-29S is in the modern fighter counter and the mig-29A/G are in the 'legacy' era and so don't count.

Thoughts?

It's very hard to communicate this limit properly.

Denying a slot marked Mirknir, Dev or Contested when I am going to do capture is understandable.

Denying a slot marked nothing special is strange as the only proper message I can send to the player at this point is a chat message.

But it can be done.

My problem with this is that you can go in a fighter and do a2g or aerobatics and not contribute to your coalition cap efforts.

I really would like to control the missile quantity per loadout ; I need to find a way :helpsmilie:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I think the way to restrict missiles would be to spawn the F15 with 2 aim-120s on the wing pylon, but then remove them from the airport's inventory. Then they can rearm with aim-7s only, but they will still have a pair of amraams. That still lets them use their amraams but would control the spam.

Maybe amraams could be stored at the forward airbases (gelenzik/Sochi ) so that they can get more without ejecting and respawning. They can either go and fight and then rearm, or they can collect more en route to the conflict zone. Both options slow down how many amraams are taken into the conflict zone :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server updated to last DCS version

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.3.8

Duel Slots

• Add Spitfire Duel Slots
  • Move some duel slots to hangar/parking closer from the runway

Fighter Slots

• Each modern fighter now have a maximum of 4 slots per coalition
  • F15, Su27, Su33 and M2000C lost 1 slots per coalition

Dishonorable Kills

• Add some data for this future feature

New Weather

• Winter cold, windy

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I think no matter what mirknir chooses to do there will always be a populous that is not happy with the outcome lol so in that regard lets just all thank Mirknir for even continuing to host such a great server in the first place.

And as much as i hate being amrammed, I think the inhibiting of them is counter-DCS. It is a simulator after all, if an eagle can take 6 spamrams then it should be allowed to take 6. However Cosmics idea of maybe spawning all eagles at Guaddata with no amrams or just a 2, and forcing them to re arm at sochi/gelenz could be a viable solution. I think the russian counterpart to the 120C should be the same way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I think no matter what mirknir chooses to do there will always be a populous that is not happy with the outcome lol so in that regard lets just all thank Mirknir for even continuing to host such a great server in the first place.

He he I am doing what I can with the stuff ED let me access :)

I am working on something more powerful than my current Skynet though to get more more advanced feature in.

But in the current Skynet, the incoming experiment, "the Dishonorable kills", should motivate big dangerous modern fighters to engage legacy planes and transport helicopters with guns instead of missile :music_whistling:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hi,

Firstly I think OC is the best server out there in fact other than blue flag which I go to for my serious play time OC is my home.

I think the recent changes have done all we need for balance and air quake reduction. To go further will move this server away from the casual mix of training and warfare.

People complain about amraams and others complain about the ETs. All I say I learn how to counter them and get better SA....No need for a debate just start using your brains to out think the other pilot. If you're flying alone and getting shot down all the time consider joining the teamspeak, there are several of us that are on there a lot and will happily let people join in with us and can offer advice if you're learning. Solo fly is fun but when so many people fly together you're gimping yourself if you go it alone

I'd personally rather see mirk working on cool features like dynamic objectives rather than worrying about balance which is pretty much impossible when the server is there to cater for all aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been flying on this server recently, after the guys I fly with stumbled across it. Started off with A/A roles but then discovered the resupply missions and it took on whole new meaning. It is just so much fun tearing across the countryside below tree-top height in my unarmed Mi-8, scanning for trouble and trying not to hit anything at the same time.

Great fun, thanks.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Lemme toss my hat in the ring

Shabi-upon watching the video again I realized you used a textbook attack as Cosmic said, I stand corrected and am sorry for any disrespect.

To Mirk, I vote to remove AMRAAMs, but also several other missiles. Do it Blue Flag style and throw us back to the 70s. F-15s started out with Sparrows so let's limit it to that, same with the Russian equivalents (I have no experience with them) as well as the Mirage etc. I think even the ground pounders should be limited to oldger weapons. Might help the air quaking and wouldn't make the server any less enjoyable.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Hi Mir,

I understand your motives for the changes and I agree with what your doing too. Its hard to keep everyone happy , (I'm not happy about the fuel deal lol, but that's ok). This is a great server, and the one I always play on. I have played on it since near the beginning of its start, made some very good friends here, and have enjoyed watching it grow to where it is now. The aim 120's have always given the F15 an upper hand in a lot of scenarios, but an experienced pilot learns how to deal with them over time. For a new player it can get frustrating when your learning the complex flight and weapon systems, and I understand what they are going through.

That is a lot of what this server is about, this is where a lot of us came when we were new and we had our butts kicked a few times in the process.(I haven't forgotten my first few weeks in here either). The cool thing about this server is that there is usually someone around who doesn't mind helping someone new out. That's important, because it keeps those players coming back and they tell there friends and they come back and so on. If more people keep joining DCS , then DCS might develop more software, and with more software development we may see more aircraft at a faster pace.

Its great to see a lot of new players coming in but to keep it fair for all would be next to impossible unless you spend the next 5 years writing code lol. I think you should move forward with your plan, try it out, and if it isn't working, you can always revert back. It wouldn't be the first time anyways, and it wouldn't be the end of the world :)

Free

This is going to sound super stupid..... but how in the hell do you make a new thread on this forum... i can obviously reply/comment to existing threads... but how do you make a new one lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Lemme toss my hat in the ring

Shabi-upon watching the video again I realized you used a textbook attack as Cosmic said, I stand corrected and am sorry for any disrespect.

To Mirk, I vote to remove AMRAAMs, but also several other missiles. Do it Blue Flag style and throw us back to the 70s. F-15s started out with Sparrows so let's limit it to that, same with the Russian equivalents (I have no experience with them) as well as the Mirage etc. I think even the ground pounders should be limited to oldger weapons. Might help the air quaking and wouldn't make the server any less enjoyable.

No problem! I knew the flight review would raise some tempers, I don't blame people for being annoyed when they see that happen. It's also the only time I've clocked 3 at once, and from up high like that. It's not as easy as it looks, usually people see you long before and it's not so safe to fly forward that far.

Re avoiding being the victim of this kind of attack: always look up high, if there's an F15-C with altitude there is a good chance they'll are planning to do this. The thing is though, they are heavy, and take a while to turn back, so you can time it to get under them.

Also, if an aim120-c launches, if you go low and get some speed (450+ kn) the missile will most often stop dead in the thick air unless the launching fighter is right on top of you. Aim 120s are useless in thick air- against a nimble fighter they need to be under 15nm I would say.

OK, on with the debate, perhaps a rearm stop at an airstrip would be the easiest way to enforce a delay but maintain active flying. Perhaps a per player quota of missiles would be something to consider too?

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

This was on the server - having been shot down once as soon as I took off in the Hip, it was time to hug the dirt...

This kind of flying in the dnager area is really fun - especially when it's not as flat as this was.

Just have to master the cargo handling (no load in the video, obviously). I actually had the wheels on the ground at some points - the world's fastest skateboard! :D

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi,

Firstly I think OC is the best server out there in fact other than blue flag which I go to for my serious play time OC is my home.

I think the recent changes have done all we need for balance and air quake reduction. To go further will move this server away from the casual mix of training and warfare.

People complain about amraams and others complain about the ETs. All I say I learn how to counter them and get better SA....No need for a debate just start using your brains to out think the other pilot. If you're flying alone and getting shot down all the time consider joining the teamspeak, there are several of us that are on there a lot and will happily let people join in with us and can offer advice if you're learning. Solo fly is fun but when so many people fly together you're gimping yourself if you go it alone

I'd personally rather see mirk working on cool features like dynamic objectives rather than worrying about balance which is pretty much impossible when the server is there to cater for all aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. Worrying about spamram or airquake is little bit of weak nerve (sorry to say that). War is unfair and its just a game after all. Getting shot down 100 times won't change anything in your real life. Embrace the challenges and develop better tactics or work coordinately through teamspeak are much more better so Mirknir could add better features and fixing bugs.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Happy new year open conflict peeps! I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday and I hope to get a chance to catch up with you all and get some flying done in the next few days :D

Monday Tuesday Wednesday!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Two things....how do I get a Huey started up in the cold weather at a FOB? The ground crew was unable to connect ground power. I had to start up at Krasnodar. Second, is picking up downed crew bugged? I was sitting on top of the smoke at a safe house and F4 was doing nuttin'.....

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

There is no APU in Huey lol

Try this my rotorbrother

Cold weather battery start for Huey

Over head panel generator on and cover closed, throttle twist lock out of detent to idle, battery on, starter depress, at 15% master fuel switch on hold starter til 50%.

After 50% release starter select inverter on.

Then proceed with everything else as you would in a normal start. It is important to not turn on any cockpit or exterior lights and make sure the transition is quick from battery being turned on to engaging starter. This will ensure maximum cranking power (Gigitty) from the battery and prevent a flooded/hot start with slow spool up of the turbine.

You also will only have about 1 shot or else you will need ground power after draining the battery on an unsuccessful attempt.

Good luck!:thumbup:

I also want to emphasize the spool up time will be significantly longer than normal so be sure to hold the starter down until it has completely spoold up to 50%

Edited by acdelta57

yeah the weather is no joke. my huey outside temp gauge showed -20°C.. that is very freezy indeed! paired with the hefty winds of around 11m/s (i think?) = exciting times. for experienced (sim)pilots its a challenge and fun to fly in these extremes, for beginners, or people trying to learn new modules it might be a little too much.

i personally enjoy the crosswind landings with the l-39 at rnw 22 krymsk/gelendzhik. the flightmodel is so good and dynamic.

and yeah there is a farp that i guess is a little bit too far from the supply trucks, where you cannot re-fuel,re-arm, groundpower. its the forward farp with the medic hueys i think?

i am eager to try the huey cold weather startup, acdelta mentioned. lets see if that works! edit: can't get it to work so far, i am only able to spool up to 10% then it stalls, wont go to 15%. turning on fuel at 10% does not achieve anything. except an empty battery after the failed try :D.... maybe its just too cold!

Edited by decipher

Happy new year guys!

The last weather I used

I know the weather is a bit extremely cold and windy but I think it's a nice changed and because it's so extreme, I won't let it last too long, don't worry.

The Mirage 2000 January Bug

The mission update currently running is set on February the 20th, in 2016 so you shouldn't have the bug except if it's a more general bug!?

The Ground Power Bug

I will add more ground power truck to blue FOB and see it helps :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirknir, I filed a -report last night about 9:10 PM Central time. I flew to a safe house and could not pick up downed pilots. -re indicated 4 pilots for pickup, but pressing F4 to actually get them did nothing.

Mirknir, I filed a -report last night about 9:10 PM Central time. I flew to a safe house and could not pick up downed pilots. -re indicated 4 pilots for pickup, but pressing F4 to actually get them did nothing.

Thanks for the report, it helps me investigate so much more quickly!

In this instance, I checked and my logs seem to indicate you didn't click the pickup command but did a drop off.

Here is the log:

For information, all radio commands are redirected to chat commands on the server so you will only see chat command execution.

@Mt3603.93◆Rt3665.00: UpdateUnitData: Doodenkoff - STOP being airborne

@Mt3655.58◆Rt3716.64: ExecuteChatCommand: Doodenkoff - Command RESCUE_DEFAULT with 1 extra args - Arg#1 -> pickup -> Display all pickup site

@Mt3703.87◆Rt3764.94: ExecuteChatCommand: Doodenkoff - Command RESCUE_DROPOFF_PILOT with 0 extra args -> Drop Off Command

@Mt3703.87◆Rt3764.94: Text/Sound to Player: Doodenkoff@ID19: Rescue System | Drop-Off

You are not too far from Forward Operating Base drop-off zone!- OC_Popup_Error.ogg

@Mt3785.45◆Rt3846.52: ExecuteChatCommand: Doodenkoff - Command MYSELF with 0 extra args

@Mt3827.56◆Rt3888.64: 3827.557 #REPORT By Doodenkoff: report cannot pick up downed pilots

@Mt3827.56◆Rt3888.64: Doodenkoff Data:

Objective Status

Closest FARP/Carrier : [FOB] Forward Operating Base

Closest Rescue Drop-Off : [FOB] Forward Operating Base

Closest Delivery Drop-off : [sMO] Smolonskaya Safe House

Closest Objective to Destroy : [LIS] Listening Post

Closest Transport Pick-Up : [FOB] Forward Operating Base

Closest Rescue Pick-Up : [sMO] Smolonskaya Safe House

@Mt3827.56◆Rt3888.64: ChatLine to Player: Doodenkoff@ID19: -> Report Complete

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Yeah...I also pressed the drop-off command wondering what was happening and it said I wasn't close enough, so I knew that key worked. I got zero response from F4, which is supposed to be the "pick up downed pilot" command, right?

EDIT: Went to the server and double-checked; yep, F4 is the "pickup downed pilot" key. I was sitting right on top of the smoke at Smolonskaya Safe House and -re in chat showed 4 pilots to be picked up.

Edited by doodenkoff

Yeah...I also pressed the drop-off command wondering what was happening and it said I wasn't close enough, so I knew that key worked. I got zero response from F4, which is supposed to be the "pick up downed pilot" command, right?

EDIT: Went to the server and double-checked; yep, F4 is the "pickup downed pilot" key. I was sitting right on top of the smoke at Smolonskaya Safe House and -re in chat showed 4 pilots to be picked up.

Ok then I am not sure what happened ; maybe some radio command got lost by DCS.

I know they did some changes recently in this system.

This particular session, Skynet received many RESCUE_PICKUP_PILOT commands but none from you so you wouldn't get a response.

Next time you have this problem, can you default to the direct chat commands and see if it's working better:

Pick-up downed pilot(s) to your aircraft:

-re load

-re load <pilotCount>

Thanks!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread