Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

With the release of the SA342L variant of the Gazelle will we see a couple of slots added for it in the near future?

Damn, they need to fix the FARP spawn point before adding more helicopter type....

I guess some helicopters will have to be put on the ground like miscreants instead of on a FARP...

I hope this will work in multiplayer.

--- Edit ---

Well that doesn't seem to work as intended :thumbup:

An helicopter 'on the ground' can't seem to be able to rearm or refuel, even near an active FARP.

I can't set the orientation of an helicopter 'on the ground'.

Plus, some helicopters 'on the ground' slide down the even smallest slope making them very difficult to place.

Looks like I will have to rework the FOBs and add more FARPs to add more helicopters.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I feel a helo party coming!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

The Mujahideen did fire RPG at Russians in the Afghan war. They used to sit in trees and behind rocks ect and wait for low flying choppers

And 4 years later in Mogadishu, RPGs were pretty successful - 2 x Blackhawks.

Its no doubt they do it in real life, I will test right now in a quick mission edit if i can get them to fire at me in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

so some exciting and not so exciting news lol the RPGs don't really pose too much of a threat to the helo unless you land or hover slowly. Maybe there is a way to make them more aggressive in mission editor? but I had them on expert level outnumber my huey 20 to 1 and it was still easy pickins. I am not sure if there is away to assign them ROEs or not as I dont really ever use the editor, that could be a solution. However, the coolest and most fun thing ever is flying against manpads. I know you said something like you don't want respawnable GTA but if there is some way to make it work it would be exhilarating. I went against 6 manpads and was able to dodge some missles but eventually got taken out after I ran out of flares. I think even just 1 manpad at the hideout would be some great stuff, not sure if its possible tho. Here are some screens of the event...

Screen_160713_122437.thumb.jpg.1c414b8fc5ed60c24420d15b24f84426.jpg

Screen_160713_122610.thumb.jpg.5be5d2c68b264c1301e111abc644dea5.jpg

Screen_160713_122724.thumb.jpg.0f01cbc967ce1a195f771fcde3cca0f5.jpg

Screen_160713_124054.thumb.jpg.dfda542ac8c7c113c450c555742c4dcd.jpg

A few more for good measure:joystick::D

Screen_160713_124133.thumb.jpg.283bb3871ed09c533b16060119d61391.jpg

Screen_160713_124220.thumb.jpg.97d16446780d73735e630df02b36df30.jpg

so some exciting and not so exciting news lol the RPGs don't really pose too much of a threat to the helo unless you land or hover slowly. Maybe there is a way to make them more aggressive in mission editor? but I had them on expert level outnumber my huey 20 to 1 and it was still easy pickins. I am not sure if there is away to assign them ROEs or not as I dont really ever use the editor, that could be a solution. However, the coolest and most fun thing ever is flying against manpads. I know you said something like you don't want respawnable GTA but if there is some way to make it work it would be exhilarating. I went against 6 manpads and was able to dodge some missles but eventually got taken out after I ran out of flares. I think even just 1 manpad at the hideout would be some great stuff, not sure if its possible tho. Here are some screens of the event...

Sweet screen shots! Very cool.

RPGs aren't that accurate, and most times don't hit the aircraft in real life also.. But when they get lucky they get lucky ha.

Im ok with them "not hitting" I just want them to fire more. I could barely get them to actually fire at me but when they did you could hear it, was pretty cool. Maybe adding 1 to the inf hideout could add some fun. Maybe in a secret spot or something lol

Im ok with them "not hitting" I just want them to fire more. I could barely get them to actually fire at me but when they did you could hear it, was pretty cool. Maybe adding 1 to the inf hideout could add some fun. Maybe in a secret spot or something lol

Ohh gotcha. Lol I didn't even realize they can be added until you started talking about it. I think it would be cool to have a few here and there.

When I fly for Blue, what am I supposed to be looking for at the "Chiatura Infiltration"? I flew all around the town and other than some big fuel storage tanks, couldn't find anything to shoot. Finally I let my door gunners and co-pilot free fire while I did slow lazy orbits and they shot lots of things until all the bullets were gone. But I never even saw what they were shooting at. A fuel truck did get destroyed some where along the way. But when I checked the objective status (-ag) all it's boxes were filled so I assume that means I didn't kill much of what was needing killing.

I am super bad at identifying ground targets, so any help with what I'm supposed to look for would be appreciated.

[sIGPIC]Complimentary barf bags available on request.[/sIGPIC]

When I fly for Blue, what am I supposed to be looking for at the "Chiatura Infiltration"? I flew all around the town and other than some big fuel storage tanks, couldn't find anything to shoot. Finally I let my door gunners and co-pilot free fire while I did slow lazy orbits and they shot lots of things until all the bullets were gone. But I never even saw what they were shooting at. A fuel truck did get destroyed some where along the way. But when I checked the objective status (-ag) all it's boxes were filled so I assume that means I didn't kill much of what was needing killing.

I am super bad at identifying ground targets, so any help with what I'm supposed to look for would be appreciated.

The 'infiltration' objectives are supposed to be an exercise in searching targets and mastering your trajectories.

Around the area, some targets are hidden in the city, in between buildings and are to be found and destroyed.

To make it easier, flares sometimes pop on the target to help spot them.

Remember you can have a detailed intel report with -'ag chia'

I am not really happy with the concept as these objectives create more confusion than fun and they prevent me from using flares from other gameplay.

I am currently working on an alternative called incursions which would be active units (maximum threat: AAA) that are not marked by spotters and would require more search and more random danger (like convoy).

Incursions will also respawn at different location in the map, more or less well hidden.

Incursions will also allow me to add content without adding units and to, for example, maintain an infantry objective active in the map for longer since it will respawn.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Infantry objectives will be slightly buffed in next version so that you have your Hollywood moments.

Spoiler pix:

1598455065_InfantryIncursion1.thumb.jpg.b07bf95bc7a5c78f0d69b5590b60ad28.jpg

1527744309_InfantryIncursion2.thumb.jpg.9702d376beb88adc2d6e46da2fe2b6f4.jpg

176131696_InfantryIncursion3.thumb.jpg.7768d6fa94d502d340f82b21bd3413e9.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

:megalol:I actually literally LOLd at this^

Then I saw USMC huey in destruction and cried!:bye_3::bye_3:

I think my post got buried, so I'm bumping it so Mirknir can see it:

"Mirknir can I request that you add a few duel slots for the ground pounders?

There's a slot for everything but the Su-25, 25T, A-10A&C, and I personally think it'd be really fun to dogfight in those aircraft!"

I agree with IAS2424, it would also serve as a good practice area for A-A self defence for the ground pounders, for when you're inevitably jumped by an enemy fighter in the conflict zone. Many a Khasuri Base attack has been foiled by the untimely arrival of a M2000 or similar and being able to practice fending off these pesky fighters in the A10/SU25 would be awesome :)

Sad to hear about the issues adding more helicopter slots from the ground! In the meantime would it be possible for you to add some SA342L slots at Kutasi? That way us Gazelle pilots can still take it out for a spin and fly into the conflict zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think my post got buried, so I'm bumping it so Mirknir can see it:

"Mirknir can I request that you add a few duel slots for the ground pounders?

There's a slot for everything but the Su-25, 25T, A-10A&C, and I personally think it'd be really fun to dogfight in those aircraft!"

I didn't miss the post ; I just sometimes have trouble answering every one of them :)

But yea, it's been added to my TODO list.

Right now, I am trying to find a moment where I will be able to ship the new skynet and the updated map but also free to be there to monitor the massive changes it includes.

Skynet changes has been locked and I've also locked the changes to the Khashuri mission and will post them soon.

Then I will be faster at pushing updates and maybe later at releasing the new coastal map that I developped along side the new Skynet version.

I know you guys are hungry for updates :lol:

Don't worry, I am doing a lot of stuff but I want to have free time to support the big release.

Spoiler pix:

484386869_OpenConflictServer-Tuapse-Map.thumb.jpg.0dbe376798aba79c20719aaa031bbef8.jpg

453852987_OpenConflictServer-Khashuri-Map.thumb.jpg.3b5e3e13b29e8669667b0117c96e82d0.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The 'infiltration' objectives are supposed to be an exercise in searching targets and mastering your trajectories.

Around the area, some targets are hidden in the city, in between buildings and are to be found and destroyed.

To make it easier, flares sometimes pop on the target to help spot them.

Remember you can have a detailed intel report with -'ag chia'

I totally forgot about using "-ag chia" to get more info. Also the new stuff you have coming sounds amazing. I can't wait to Huey all over it. Thanks for the help.

Excellent stuff Mirknir!

Regarding the new 'Battle for Tuapse' scenario, how's that going to interact with the current scenario? Will the server alternate between the two on resets? Or do one for a week, then the other? Or are you still unsure?

I am still unsure.

It all depends how finished, cool and liked the mission is. :lol:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Heli's on the ground shouldn't be a problem. Simply take off and land on the FARP for rearm and refuel.

This is typically the kind of workaround that confuses new players and comes back to me as "Open Conflict is bugged ; I spawn 10m from the FARP but can't rearm and I slide down the terrain's slope".

But that's ok, I prefer to add MOAR FARP at the FOBs than using a half finished feature that will confuse players.

A bug fix that would allow me to add more than 4 helicopters on a FARP without them spawning outside landing pads would be nice tho (like it does on carrier).

With now 4 FARP per FOBs, they are starting to become cities ; I'll have to add a whole food, a cinema complex and some parks for the children :lol:

Zestafoni.thumb.jpg.024a6fd298ae4a64e4a7f35a1cd47d57.jpg

Gori.thumb.jpg.8ea191aa92a919169073f7abc53c0e64.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

This is a short movie I made from footage shot on the OC server when I had an unexpectedly exciting time in a rescue Huey. I hope you enjoy:

Going to see if I can make something similar for a gunship Huey.