SAAF Camo Sabre

jocko417

Those are correct. I will try and get a list of the original decals on SAAF Sabres for you (with pics) I am in the SAAF and one of my good friends is the Officer Copmmanding of the SA Air Force Museum. Just give me some time to get ahold of these for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Camo finished, still have all my hair...

dcs%202015-08-05%2019-12-22-52_zpsqgjpc3qd.jpg~original

dcs%202015-08-05%2019-15-31-07_zps8e5qsulb.jpg~original

Sooo.... anybody know where the landing light surrounds are mapped from? Still haven't figured out where they are on the template, not where you'd think they'd be anyway...

Sorry, no slats :)

• 3 weeks later...

Canadair Sabre Mk.6 #383 of No. 85 Advanced Flying School, AFB Pietersburg, South Africa, circa late 1970s.

The Canadair Sabre entered service with the SAAF in 1956, and served with Eskader 1 and Eskader 2 until the mid-sixties. After they were replaced as front line fighters by the Mirage, the Sabres continued to serve the SAAF in the advanced training role with No. 85 AFS until 1980.

NOTES:

This skin is "semi-historical" - the Sabre 6's in service with the SAAF had leading edge slats.

This skin uses a mix of English and Afrikaans servicing stencils which will be updated as I get more information. Apologies for any errors in Afrikaans spelling/grammar. smile.gif

The SAAF is not represented in DCS World. Select USA or CANADA as your country to use this skin.

85a_zpsawbmx3fm.jpg~original

85p_zpslyyc143h.jpg~original

Awaiting approval by DCS.

Edited by jocko417

• 2 years later...

Now that we have 2.5 available I’ll be (eventually) updating all my Swords to take advantage of the latest and greatest metal/reflection and lighting effects. It will take a while, as I don’t have nearly the free time available for skinning as I used to.

I’ll probably re-release all the metal liveries first and then tackle the camo ones, like I did with 2.0.