dilemma: there is nothing on the market ...

... that is in between the TM Hotas X and TM Warthog :(

i used to own the TM Warthog , its a quality-wise not questionable, solid and well built flightstick with all the needed features especially if you are a DCS A10C freak, but its main problem it does not have the twisty Z axis feature (to control the rudder), it is heavy and bulky ...

now that i have a TM T.Flight Hotas X, a well built and precise stick, awesome for any ww2 aircrafts, but unfortunately it is totally buttons underfeatured of essential flight functions when you have to fly such DCS aircrafts like the SU-25T, Su-27 or the F-15...

i can't believe there is nothing on the market that would be in between the TM Warthog and the Hotas X !!!

the TM Warthog is TOO MUCH and the TM Hotas X is not enough! :mad:

any suggestions?

Edited by Teschmacher

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

If the HOTAS X's only problem are buttons, you could keep it and buy a button panel to supplement it.

Of course that wouldn't be the same as having the buttons on the stick itself but that would still be a cheap and viable option.

Otherwise you can buy the X-55, button rich, not too expensive, people seem happy with it (you could also combine it's throttle with your HOTAS X's stick if you like it more).

Edited by PiedDroit

... you could keep it and buy a button panel to supplement it.

what 'button panel', plz?

the X55 is just bulky size-wise as the TM Warthog and is of a lower quality (plastic built)

(and i have decided to never do Saitek gain.)

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

the X55 is just bulky size-wise as the TM Warthog and is of a lower quality (plastic built)

Of course it is, that's what puts it between the the HOTAS X and Warthog ;)

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I was thinking about this kind of boxes:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/p1p2.html

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/track-boss.html

etc

Or a cougar MFD, it's a button box on it's own:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/produits/mfd-cougar-pack

That's only a few examples, I had no time to do a better research.

There's another box on the market that allows you to put the buttons at any position on a surface, I can't remember the name.

I will plug Derek Speare Designs. FANTASTIC customer support and love the products. Have two of his button boxes and they work flawlessly so far (In iRacing only so far). Built to last and no software to mess with besides your sim software to setup using them.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

So your complaint is that the plastic stick halfway between the plastic TM HOTAS and the TM WH is made of plastic? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but ok. Another option is the CH Fighterstick, it's $120 or so. Call CH stuff low quality and the forum here will probably lynch you.:lol: