LOMAC Criticique

I'm not really aware of too many companies making such settlements public? Why should ED?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Evolved released regardless of not having the rights - forcing ED to give them a license to sell FC.

The one to be blamed is Evolved.

An interesting theory.

The first question would be - from where would UbiSoft get a copy of FC to give to Evolved in the first place, if not from ED itself?

And for what purpose did ED think they were handing it over to UbiSoft, if not for Evolved to release it?

And how did ED hand it over, without knowing what they were handing over?

Sounds like a job for:

edrep.jpg

;)

-SK

P.S. back to original topic, thanks GG for forwarding a good post. Why isn't that guy's constructive criticism on this forum?

S~!

So then make the details of the settlement agreement public.

- but the apologists wouldn't like that would they?

Have the courage to put out the truth - but then it usually hurts doesn't it?. :smilewink:

1). Quit the rant and read this: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=91787&postcount=1

The inclusion of Lock-on 1.1 FC with the "Lock-on Gold" release was initially a case of a misunderstanding between Ubisoft and Evolved Games, and only came about as a result of some last minute negotiations between these parties and ED - I believe the problem with the faulty second Lock-on Gold disk was due to the haste with which the situation was resolved.

2). Please read the forum rules concerning signature text and images: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7863

...and follow-up here:http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=14112

Your signature text is excessive.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Guest Hell Sqn Protos
Do you think you have a right to know how those businesses transact same?

Yes I do -- and my customers EXPECT forthrightness and fair dealings from me.

(I am a business owner are you? - judging from the sycophantic nature of your post I doubt it):music_whistling:

Further you have no right to question my right to question. If you don't want to know that is of course your right. But you don't have the right to stifle my question. You attempt to do so indicated misdirection and the desire to disseminate false or misleading facts so as to obscure the truth. Bad form all the way around.

My Sqn put there money where their mouth is and bought Lock On Gold and the manuals. If we get defective products it is not unreasonable to question why.

But that was probably too much logic for you........

I'd really like to see Tank Killers distributed on something like Steam. I just bought and downloaded dangerous waters in 30 mins.

My God are you serious? Steam is a pile of junk. I dont mind douwnloading a game but having to start thier steam application and bla bla bla makes me turn into some paranoid fool that thinks starforce ruined thier $40.00 cd rom.

I mean I dont like it and I dont like giving them so much permission into my computer either. This is from a computer tech point of view, we dont like it. However at this time I cant point to a problem it has caused but the probability and security issues all the while bogging down my computer are still valid.

good luck to us both!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Guest IguanaKing

Yeah...cool thing about Steam though is that you can move the related games as many times as you want. You can upgrade your computer in any way you see fit, you can rearrange your hard drive any way you see fit...Steam just says "Oh...wait there's been a change. Hang on. Let me check and see if you're legit. Yeah...I guess you are. Welcome back." :D

Guest IguanaKing

How about a critique of the forum software? I can understand server hiccups, but to treat a post as if its a credit card number when we get the dreaded "Cannot find server" page and have to use the back button...only to find our words we labored over are GONE is a bit of a disappointment. Honestly, this is a vbulletin forum, is it not? Get rid of it for cryin' out loud! Can I finish?!!! Can I finish?!!! OK...I'm finished. :D

Hey Swingkid, I just saw your new Avatar. Did that story make it over to Canada? I wet myself laughing when I saw it.

_41648918_n24_guy01.jpg

13th Hsqn Protos - welcome to the Forum, I hope you and your Squad have a great time with Lockon, and that Evolved quickly sort out your GOLD CD's.

What I try to do when I join a new forum is to read it for a week or two and I can quickly figure out who are the "good guys". Usually the Guys with thousands of posts and who have a good knowledge of the details and history of the product. On this Forum that group would include (for example) britgliderpilot, ruggbutt, ThomasDWeiss, GGTharos amongst several others. That prevents me from jumping in with both feet and getting off to a poor start...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Was that a not so veiled attempt at holier than thou??

As for GGTharos I have met him on comms, we have an understanding and I would describe our relationship as excellent. For the rest of the pilots you mention I can't say yet its early.

As for making a good impression on a board. Couldn't care less.

Only in the air does it matter. There we fly with courtesy and respect for all and always clean. We also do our best to win.

Forums are just another battlefield, at least for me personally. I generally save my friendships for real life. Though I must say that the Lock On community has impressed me as being by and large polite and helpful. My concern is not to play fanboy nor to make friends, though it is nice when that happens. What drives me personally is 'advocating' for a better more realistic sim. Simulations by their nature REQUIRE input in order to improve and reach the full zenith of their design limitations.

=RVE= As is also another great guy who was very welcoming and supportive. S~!AS

Your not so veiled attempts to chastize leave me bored......... been through the forum wars and can spot a poser when I see him. But nice attempt at sarcasm, playing to the base is always good.;)

Hope to see you in the air when we get some working cds and a bit of time to train.

"Forums are just another battlefield, at least for me personally. I generally save my friendships for real life"

And next time you have a problem you expect help from the members of this forum?

No-one is saying be a suckup, nor asking you to give anyone a kidney, but as you've said the general tone here is polite & helpfull, and either by accident or design, that's not how you've started off.

Cheers.

Guest IguanaKing

Whoops. You're digging a deeper hole with that post. Come on, 13th...chill, buddy. What BRD says is true, if you want to come in and start a fight over legalities and how someone runs his business...well...you should be a little more established. BRD handles conflict better than many of us...so if you pick a fight with him...you're picking a fight with ALL of us. Its a round best left in the chamber.

If we get defective products it is not unreasonable to question why.

Here's a very simple, direct answer: Because Evolved Games decided to leave a known faulty product on the shelves instead of recalling it and restocking stores with working CDs.

Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Guest Hell Sqn Protos
BRD handles conflict better than many of us...so if you pick a fight with him...you're picking a fight with ALL of us. Its a round best left in the chamber.

All or one makes no difference to me. I don't do retreat well. Mutual stand down maybe. Think the Russian Roulette scene from "The Dear Hunter".

But I appreciate your non condescending tone.

I got 9 pilots plus myself who purchased this abomination of a distro plus the printed mauals to go with it, and we are sitting with crapped out disks

I mean not one is working, you wouldn't be happy either...........

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Don't recall asking you for anything. So get stuffed.

As for what servers were on - why would you care?

Regarding disks that don't work, if you figured it out how hard can it be?

Playing to the crowd is the sign of a woman, got a problem take it to PM. Or better yet be a man and come to TS.

Done arguing with you, Take it to pm or TS. I am happy to solve it for you one on one.

Don't recall asking you for anything. So get stuffed.

As for what servers were on - why would you care?

Regarding disks that don't work, if you figured it out how hard can it be?

Playing to the crowd is the sign of a woman, got a problem take it to PM. Or better yet be a man and come to TS.

Done arguing with you, Take it to pm or TS. I am happy to solve it for you one on one.

You sound like a 13-year-old kid. Nothing 'heroic' in your behaviour, just being silly. But it's a laugh.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

from my past experience i will go out on a limb and say that i am sure most people here fell the way i do.

firstly i have no issue with someone replying in any fashion they see fit,

although heated personal bitching is really going nowhere...

and should definately be taken to PM and out of the public arena.

its a crying shame to see such a great thread deteriorate into a little squabbling match, amusing yes but counter productive in the end.:book:

this is a great community and as it has been said before, filled with polite and helpful people, in general but obviously not as a rule, although it should be.

its saddens me when i see this crud undermine the integrity of such a welcoming and productive place,

that in the end we all share, for the benefit of all.

quite offen we are lucky enough to have some input from ED's devs but i can't imagine them being interested when its just in-fighting between members, so........................

lets get back on topic or this thread may as well be locked and forgotten...

ps: i must say i was suprised that anyone buying flamming cliffs in the evolved gold edition, especially someone in a sqdn would have not heard 1, about this issue and 2, how to resolve it, but hey i guess they are out there...

Yeah...cool thing about Steam though is that you can move the related games as many times as you want. You can upgrade your computer in any way you see fit, you can rearrange your hard drive any way you see fit...Steam just says "Oh...wait there's been a change. Hang on. Let me check and see if you're legit. Yeah...I guess you are. Welcome back." :D

I like Steam and it's distribution system. I don't see any wasted resources at all as pointed out by someone in this thread. Updates to Counter Strike have been regular and all have been great. I can't imagine anything better and every player is patched to the correct one automatically.

It would be great to see Black Shark distributed on Steam. I don't think it has to be a HL2 game either. I would download without question. I was leary of the FC download system, so I waited. I was glad to see the Evolved Games distribution and bought it right away. There was a bad second disk, but it was replaced in no time at all.

Who is that dude?

No. I'm not talking about General Protos, but that guy in Swingkid's avatar.

ruggbutt,

You hiring? I'm good at playing flightsim all day; it's like a gift or somethin'.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Hey Swingkid, I just saw your new Avatar. Did that story make it over to Canada? I wet myself laughing when I saw it.

_41648918_n24_guy01.jpg

Sorry for the OT but I also found that avatar strange. I want to wet myself laughing as well. :) What is it about?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Sorry for the OT but I also found that avatar strange. I want to wet myself laughing as well. :) What is it about?

lol, some guy who had only learned English in the last few weeks goes for a job interview at the BBC as a IT support guy. He gets pulled out of the waiting room and finds that he's being asked searching questions into the apple inc v apple corps lawsuit, only to realise he's broadcasting his thoughts to millions of people live on TV. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/05/16/bbc.interview/index.html?section=cnn_latest

The look on his face when he eventually realised was priceless :)