"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Great work gregzagk and rest. Maybe also update the "Blue Flag Round 8 Official Frequencies - document? I know it's testing, but people might look there too (like I did).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit#gid=0

IMHO, it is baffling that people are even arguing using/enforcing SRS.

If you want to chat to buddies in TS that's fine. But mandatory monitoring of a GCI/ATC channel or whatever isn't that difficult and not to much to ask. Coms is a big part of flying (reason for multiple radios, HOTAS keys for radios ect.), in military even more so.

And it is a Sim after all. At least here on BF, a massive PVP event with multiple spokes in its wheel. It's perfect. It's one of the major parts of the sim that has been missing and I think we should thank Ciribob (and everyone on BF) for this awesome work implementing it. I'm really not trying to be d*ck about it but like ApoNOOB wrote, I've also already seen it happen in PR.

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the parts of the playerbase that are not speaking English? You want Russian, English, maybe even German or French speakers talking over each other on the same frequency? Good luck with that.

Ehm, I don't get it or I might be missing something here. Even russians do speak english nowadays... just like frenchies and all other people, it turns out it's kinda obvious when you're keen on aeronautics since it's a must. Moreover, people are free to speak in whatever language they want to inside their own flight packages with their friends, trash talk allowed if they wish. That's one other benefit that SR brings. I'm trying to find any downside of using SR but I truely can't find any as this tiny software is a part of every hardcore simmers wish/dream on the list. If you don't wanna hope in, well that's your choice, everyone has the right to choose. Now, speaking for some people around me, our expectations regarding SR usage would be people using SR accordingly on public frequencies (ATC & GCI until then), which means knowing basic ATC rules and phraseology. If you choose not using SR, then I guess you aren't concerned at all.

Finally, just a little reminder, even tough some people are on TS and others fully on SR, there's still the ingame chat to meet new mates. I've met really cool guys on Blue Flag just by the chat. That said, being either fully on TS or fully on SR won't completly split apart the casual players from the hardcore ones. My thoughts here, people using SR should at least know their business for the sake of immersion and better experience amongst other pilots working on it.

Yes will change the skins asap.

For now:

- MiG-29S added to Krymsk

- F-5E replaced M2KC in captured airbases

*Changes will be on after mission restart.

Thank you Greg !

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greg can you add more M2000C slots in Gudauta / Sukhumi ?

there are lots of F-15C slots but only 2 M2000C slots in each , we need to encourage use of ASM type aircraft...

if Sochi is considered a captured base and you will remove the M2000C there then it means only 4 M2000C slots available in the whole area of Sochi/Guduata/Sukhumi the rest will need to fly from the southern (Kutisi/Kobuleti etc) bases and with the M2000C range being low as it is , its really a pain.

• Like 1

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So last night, apart from the 27vs0 thing, rather than using SRS to remove the 27 people in one channel problem, the GCI came on and refused to use it SRS and thus tied up the one and only channel. Some guys are not getting the point. I dont want to go back to channel commanders, having 27 people in a GCI channel with one guy calling out brevity brevity brevity repeatedly is just STUPID. GCI should use both as a minimum OR use the previous method with whisper/channel commander, the point of radios is dividing the purpose of the channel/frequency and makeing it have a purpose that allows for less people in one channel. Then people in TS can CHAT, people in GCI can get timely responses, people at airports can not clutter up the same comms. It's just common sense, its not hard to achieve, there's way too many people saying they refuse to use it, but thats fine, go to TS and chat, thats what it is there for, but GCI's need to act responsible and be net MANAGERS, rather than destroy the chat in TS and break the GCI in one go, actually use their HEADS.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I just find it amusing that people fly high fidelity systems aircraft where you even have to cool the damn sensor of your heatseeker, but apparently refuse to use the radios in their cockpits, I just can't come up with a logical explanation for that.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

So last night, apart from the 27vs0 thing, rather than using SRS to remove the 27 people in one channel problem, the GCI came on and refused to use it SRS and thus tied up the one and only channel. Some guys are not getting the point. I dont want to go back to channel commanders, having 27 people in a GCI channel with one guy calling out brevity brevity brevity repeatedly is just STUPID. GCI should use both as a minimum OR use the previous method with whisper/channel commander, the point of radios is dividing the purpose of the channel/frequency and makeing it have a purpose that allows for less people in one channel. Then people in TS can CHAT, people in GCI can get timely responses, people at airports can not clutter up the same comms. It's just common sense, its not hard to achieve, there's way too many people saying they refuse to use it, but thats fine, go to TS and chat, thats what it is there for, but GCI's need to act responsible and be net MANAGERS, rather than destroy the chat in TS and break the GCI in one go, actually use their HEADS.

+1. It seems that the GCI are kinda the game masters of each side. I do agree on the fact they should maybe consider every options. Being a GCI is an important role which can lead the team to a victory in no time, they have to be responsible. If I'd do GCI, I would probably use SR only, mutting myself on TS and putting a GCI tag in front of my name while giving the frequency on the team chat from time to time for those who are lost. Then those who would like to get a picture would have to be on SR. Sounds evil, but well, that's either TS or SR... I've chosen my side.

I just find it amusing that people fly high fidelity systems aircraft where you even have to cool the damn sensor of your heatseeker, but apparently refuse to use the radios in their cockpits, I just can't come up with a logical explanation for that.

Me neither. :noexpression:

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's the thing. On a squadron level we've tried some of the other Rado mods (Aries and sth else I dont remember) and found them buggy and difficult to use in practice and gone back to TS. Sure SRS might be much better but it adds an extra level of complication to a task that is already complicated enough with regards to communication and team work on a public server level.

Im willing to give it a go but in my opnion if your problem is cluttered comms and poor brevity thats down to the individuals and not the software. Whether you use TS or SRS there needs to be a team leader that can organise flights, designate flight leads, and split players into channels. Then you can just have a sensible conversation between strike package leader, the GCI and the CAP/heli leader.

In my opinion thats easily achievable with TS. It needs players to organise themselves into neat 3 or 4 ship packages and to designate flight leads. It also needs a GCI who is willing to take charge and not just provide BRAA calls. Trouble is thats really pushing what can be expected from a 24/7 public server. As wonderful as im sure SRS is I dont think it solves the above issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Having watching the thread and seeing what peoples thoughts are Especially over the last what 3 rounds, Its been flame wars, Who has what, What weapons are to powerful, Should we use SR, Your planes bigger than mine so on and so on, Take a step back And look at the very first round of blueflag. :thumbup:

Edit: And I would do so be for we all ruin it for each other.

Edited by Coxy_99

Server's been working quite well these days, this round will be great!

Well as already said, crashed after 40 minutes yesterday (or friday).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Perhaps a little off topic from the main thread of discussion, but going back to my earlier post of being a new guy learning the ropes. I've just had a fantastic session after the third try.

I'm using VR so firstly a few points on this aimed at anybody looking at this with interest:

It's a little difficult at first and I'm not 100% sure on what the allowed model enlargement policy is but it's definitely not impossible to play at 1.8 PixDensity, it just takes some getting used to. One major gripe is the F10 map (as those of you with VR know), so what i did was gather the coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds as to where the points of interest in this mission are (and if you want them drop me a pm), you can then use that in our unfortunately blank textured F10 map by just using the ruler tool and dragging out a bearing and range, or in my case use the Gazelle's NADIR system to navigate.

The server was kinda quiet when I had my first success and I think for a totally new person that's a good time to try it out. Eventually a GCI (basically the guy that's the battlespace commander) came online and improved my end user experience even more.

Using SRS was great! I monitored TS as it was quiet (i don't think i'd do that when it's busy), and stuck to transmitting and receiving in SRS.

Anyway just thought I'd share what worked for me as a new user, I hope it's useful to somebody somehow.

well to be frank i've tried a few times and something is messing up my export file or something because the smiple radio does not seem to work in game..... and it's alot of bull.... for an addon ED should have built in to there game.

• Like 1

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

How exactly would they enforce this?

If by saying they must be connected then someone could easily connect to SR, tune to a random frequency, and use TS, or just chat instead.

If you try to force certain frequencies then they could tune them in, and turn the volume on all radios down.

Basically, if they don't want to use it then they aren't going to no matter how hard you try to force them.

Read what I wrote:

Mandating someone USE comms is
NOT
reasonable. Mandating those using comms use Simple radio instead of Teamspeak is not an
unreasonable
request.

Im not saying you should force everyone to use comms. I am saying those who ARE using Comms should be using SR as the standard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Read what I wrote:

Mandating someone USE comms is
NOT
reasonable. Mandating those using comms use Simple radio instead of Teamspeak is not an
unreasonable
request.

Im not saying you should force everyone to use comms. I am saying those who ARE using Comms should be using SR as the standard.

I ask again, how do you enforce this?

• Like 1

well to be frank i've tried a few times and something is messing up my export file or something because the smiple radio does not seem to work in game..... and it's alot of bull.... for an addon ED should have built in to there game.

Please post your export.lua (from Scripts) and a screenshot of your Saved Games/DCS/Scripts folder and I'll help here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387&page=31

Just so you know, your message comes off as pretty insulting, whether you mean it too or not, but tone is a tricky thing in text form. If you did mean it too, why? I do nothing but help this community and as far as I know not insulted anyone.

Please don't call the project bulls**t. This project is a labour of love for the DCS community. There are currently, that I know of, only two open-source and freely modifiable games voice comms packages: Mumble and SimpleRadio.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

By asking nicely...? :)

There are ways to enforce it as there is an export from SimpleRadio which matches up with DCS players, hence the live map SRS indicator.

But I say again, we're not enforcing anything.... The round is in testing.

If as a community, you would like to be the most helpful, be in both TS and SRS during testing which is quite an ask I know.

Quite helpful be in SRS.

Not helpful - Be only in TS and give no feedback on SRS and how well or not its working for you

:)

But as Wags says, everything is subject to change!

This thread in general seems to be very confrontational, please don't devolve into insults and flame wars as everyone here wants the same thing, a good multiplayer experience in a great flight sim. :thumbup:

Edited by Ciribob
Clarify - "You" = Community :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Good for you managing something like Blue Flag in VR, that's hard work!

Perhaps a little off topic from the main thread of discussion, but going back to my earlier post of being a new guy learning the ropes. I've just had a fantastic session after the third try.

I'm using VR so firstly a few points on this aimed at anybody looking at this with interest:

It's a little difficult at first and I'm not 100% sure on what the allowed model enlargement policy is but it's definitely not impossible to play at 1.8 PixDensity, it just takes some getting used to. One major gripe is the F10 map (as those of you with VR know), so what i did was gather the coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds as to where the points of interest in this mission are (and if you want them drop me a pm), you can then use that in our unfortunately blank textured F10 map by just using the ruler tool and dragging out a bearing and range, or in my case use the Gazelle's NADIR system to navigate.

The server was kinda quiet when I had my first success and I think for a totally new person that's a good time to try it out. Eventually a GCI (basically the guy that's the battlespace commander) came online and improved my end user experience even more.

Using SRS was great! I monitored TS as it was quiet (i don't think i'd do that when it's busy), and stuck to transmitting and receiving in SRS.

Anyway just thought I'd share what worked for me as a new user, I hope it's useful to somebody somehow.

I see what you said Rage, but you can't fix people, but you can make tools though to make them easier to work with or ignore as the relevant case might be. TS depends on people organising themselves intotheir groups and they don't do so normally, they all group up, which is instinctive. What follows though are the issues of comms.

Here's the thing. On a squadron level we've tried some of the other Rado mods (Aries and sth else I dont remember) and found them buggy and difficult to use in practice and gone back to TS. Sure SRS might be much better but it adds an extra level of complication to a task that is already complicated enough with regards to communication and team work on a public server level.

Im willing to give it a go but in my opnion if your problem is cluttered comms and poor brevity thats down to the individuals and not the software. Whether you use TS or SRS there needs to be a team leader that can organise flights, designate flight leads, and split players into channels. Then you can just have a sensible conversation between strike package leader, the GCI and the CAP/heli leader.

In my opinion thats easily achievable with TS. It needs players to organise themselves into neat 3 or 4 ship packages and to designate flight leads. It also needs a GCI who is willing to take charge and not just provide BRAA calls. Trouble is thats really pushing what can be expected from a 24/7 public server. As wonderful as im sure SRS is I dont think it solves the above issues.

Pikey, say what you will, but you are missing a big point. There are several people that refuse to use SR, but are on TS. If I (I was the GCI last night) don't address those people as well it causes a cluster in the server and puts teams at a disadvantage. Not to mention it seems that there are still several times with people on SR that they do not hear the other person addressing them. The reason I was using TS instead was because of this very fact. Its not a huge deal if GCI stays on TS and individual wings or groups use SR to to coordinate.

People need to understand that even though Blue Flag is a competitive envirnment it is still open to the public. Forcing people to do something is just going to cause an initial decrease in player population and add anothe level of complexity that frankly some people might not want.

People need to use what they are more comfortable with and stop trying to push what they want on everyone else. Yes TS can get crowded, but thats what brevity is for. If you want to use SR then fine use it. I use it myself, but don't complain that certian people don't use because in the end its their choice.

By asking nicely...? :)

There are ways to enforce it as there is an export from SimpleRadio which matches up with DCS players, hence the live map SRS indicator.

But I say again, we're not enforcing anything.... The round is in testing.

If as a community, you would like to be the most helpful, be in both TS and SRS during testing which is quite an ask I know.

Quite helpful be in SRS.

Not helpful - Be only in TS and give no feedback on SRS and how well or not its working for you

:)

But as Wags says, everything is subject to change!

This thread in general seems to be very confrontational, please don't devolve into insults and flame wars as everyone here wants the same thing, a good multiplayer experience in a great flight sim. :thumbup:

First I want to say I support SR, and I use it. I've also helped a huge chunk of Redfor get this working.

Please see my previous post. What you state isn't going to work. You might be able to to force me to have SR running, but you can't force me to communicate through it.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but everyone seems to think BS can just force everyone to use SR even though you can't.

Edited by BodyOrgan

Well, as ciribob said, this is testing. They could close their TS or even mute the channels they leave open to the public in it. A channel could be left open to use as support for SR. I'm not getting in a confrontation as to whether or not they SHOULD enforce use of SR as primary comms, but if you think they can't enforce it, you might be right. However, I'm guessing they can make it the path of least resistance. And isn't that what this is about? People seem unwilling to take 10 minutes to learn how to use it properly. The author of The Mod is willing to help people on an almost instant basis from what I've seen. He's always accessible or quick to respond when troubleshooting

Sent while I should be working instead.

First I want to say I support SR, and I use it. I've also helped a huge chunk of Redfor get this working.

Please see my previous post. What you state isn't going to work. You might be able to to force me to have SR running, but you can't force me to communicate through it.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but everyone seems to think BS can just force everyone to use SR even though you can't.

Oh of course we can't force anyone to do anything, all we can do is ask nicely and it's up to an individual but I think this is getting a bit meta. :)

The point I was trying to make was just like project reality did with early mumble, we can nudge people to use it as we know who's connected to radio and in game. PR is the gold standard for an unofficial radio mod, and even though everyone was connected, not all had mics or could use them which is always going to be the case.

Again, It's not community vs buddyspike admins trying to "force" anything or anything confrontational. We're just trying to provide a better BlueFlag round...

We'd just like to see whether radio comms work in BlueFlag, that's all. If it doesn't work, that's ok, if it does, great! :)

I really appreciate your help in getting others on board as without 30+ users online in the radio we can't say whether from a technical point of view it would work in the actual round as this is unexplored territory.

What's suprised me is the hostility from some in just trying something new... But thanks to everyone who has tried it, whether you carry on using it or not! :)

Edited by Ciribob

I dont get the reason for the question, to be honest. These guys are gracious enough to script and program and moderate an online server for their community. There's a reason there's a shortage of servers with the quality of blue flag. It's a lot of effort. Someone has gone above and beyond with even more and the response is "what are you gonna do about it?"

I repeat, this is the testing phase, the beta, if you will. I wish they would make SOME form of comms mandatory just to see how it worked. The amount of people not in comms of any kind blows my mind.

Blue flag is an exercise of collaboration, planning, timing, and teamwork. It blows my mind that people want to play it but then refuse to utilize a tool that enhances all of those aspects.

I dont get the reason for the question, to be honest. These guys are gracious enough to script and program and moderate an online server for their community. There's a reason there's a shortage of servers with the quality of blue flag. It's a lot of effort. Someone has gone above and beyond with even more and the response is "what are you gonna do about it?"

I repeat, this is the testing phase, the beta, if you will. I wish they would make SOME form of comms mandatory just to see how it worked. The amount of people not in comms of any kind blows my mind.

Blue flag is an exercise of collaboration, planning, timing, and teamwork. It blows my mind that people want to play it but then refuse to utilize a tool that enhances all of those aspects.

Yes it is suppost to be that but currently its a BLue Side Air Quake match. Guys deliberately ramming their f-15's into Ka-50 just for what...... Look forward to the real deal when every airframe will be much more Precious.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S