"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

How about making the numbers of advanced weapons and equipment so limited that smart planning will have to ensue to make best use of them....

While that is technically an Idea I do like, without an restricted player pool, which is terrible, that would lead to so much bad feelings. :DD

I mean lets say you reduce the amount of available aim120s to 4 F15 loadouts per 3h period. That sounds like an good Idea, but it will simply happen that random people who arent even on comms, join in are like "gib all the 1337 missilz plox" to the ground crew, and thats it. :D

So when you have a plan to use them they are not available so yee... I am perfectly fine with a low capability weapons and high capability weapons setup.

Its both fun on its own. Once I forgot to load anything on muh KA50, just took out the FARP with Gun only, its a lot of fun ! But also storing all targets as NAV/TGT points, setting the thing to route mode and just close in at 60kph to a FARP, just clicking NAV+waypoint+lock+launch until everything is dead is fun as well ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=microvax;2846981

Its both fun on its own. Once I forgot to load anything on muh KA50, just took out the FARP with Gun only, its a lot of fun ! But also storing all targets as NAV/TGT points, setting the thing to route mode and just close in at 60kph to a FARP, just clicking NAV+waypoint+lock+launch until everything is dead is fun as well ! :D

And this is the thing. Not many of us on bluefor know how to use mark points to scout an entire AO, then take it out with rapid successive weapons releases. There are a couple. I have never seen anyone do this in the KA50, even though it's capable. I'm certainly not trained enough in it to do it.

Saaaaaaaaab

Exactly, the tears when things are of happeningz. :megalol:

Best feature of KA50: lock your heli mate, obviously with disarmed weapons, tell it to turn on target and switch the thing to route mode.

Will follow your transport chopper pilot of choice on the way to the AO. :D

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While that is technically an Idea I do like, without an restricted player pool, which is terrible, that would lead to so much bad feelings. :DD

I mean lets say you reduce the amount of available aim120s to 4 F15 loadouts per 3h period. That sounds like an good Idea, but it will simply happen that random people who arent even on comms, join in are like "gib all the 1337 missilz plox" to the ground crew, and thats it. :D

So when you have a plan to use them they are not available so yee...

Transport choppers could be the trigger to have them stored, i'm not saying a Huey could transport 10 amraam but it could trigger a cargo plane delivery giving some control to a commander on when these weapons become available.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

While I want the F18 sooooooo badly, part of me dreads blue flag when it comes. It without a doubt will make it unbalanced.

Honestly if the F18 comes to DCS, it cant be added to just one side in blueflag. That is just a factor which isnt balancable. Unless all the russian assets are defended by S300s. :D

Meanwhile the Viggen only has 4 a2g hardpoints, and if it takes countermeasures with it only has 3. So that would be 3-4 mavs in low capability setup and 3-4 DWS39s on a plane that has 60s interfaces, doesnt save you in any way from exceeding max aoa, max speed, max G, which is all pretty easily done. Does have an RWR which is not much better then the MIG21s and definetly by far worse then the standard russian one. So I guess AJS37 would be no problem on one side only. :D

But F18 is just impossible to add to just one side without breaking everything ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly if the F18 comes to DCS, it cant be added to just one side in blueflag. That is just a factor which isnt balancable. Unless all the russian assets are defended by S300s. :D

Meanwhile the Viggen only has 4 a2g hardpoints, and if it takes countermeasures with it only has 3. So that would be 3-4 mavs in low capability setup and 3-4 DWS39s on a plane that has 60s interfaces, doesnt save you in any way from exceeding max aoa, max speed, max G, which is all pretty easily done. Does have an RWR which is not much better then the MIG21s and definetly by far worse then the standard russian one. So I guess AJS37 would be no problem on one side only. :D

But F18 is just impossible to add to just one side without breaking everything ! :D

Couldn't agree more with all of what you said.

So we reached the point where we are close to the F-18 but worry about the concept of blue flag.

Good good let the rage flow through you :D

I guess I should have been more clear. I worry about deciding between the two. The damned russians need to release a Su27M!

Without SEAD and TGP it won't. :D

Honestly with the tgp and the aim120 out of the equation for the hornet it'll be just about as effective at a2a as the eagle and as effective at sead as the 25T

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Its ground radar isnt pod based is it?

Sent while I should be working instead.

Done with the radar in the nose. No tgp pod that I know of that it carries is able to create ground radar display. It'll be a nice mix too when the ground radar is implemented. Then the mirage and hornets can mix it up together.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Still, I don't understand why we can't test REPLACING the A10C with A10A and SU25T with the SU25A

Also it will be intresting to add datalink, for the russian with the EWR stations.

------------------------------

For team and balancing remove the autoamated fuel runs and RESTORE the fuel runs made by humans with choppers... I know CIRIBOB PM mailbox will explode of players complaining if this feature is implemented again but to me that is what did make blueflag a team effort and not air quake... :D

--------------------------------------------

Is possible to randomize the location & compositon of the defenses ?

---------------------------------------------------

Out of blueflag scope...

Rhe SAMs state are a joke.. we saw and F15 fly over an Mykop getting shot by all the defenses multiple times while not a single missle tracked.... and he even had time to strafe them...

With a L-39 I was able to avoind 5 Chapparals before I got hit... and this is with simple manouvers as I did not pop any flares.

Im reading through this and all I am is awstruck. People are so caught up in things being far. Nothing in war is fair. Furthermore, this isn't real war. This is a game. If things continue to get restricted like airframes and weapons etc, Buddyspike is going to lose a large amount of its player base.

Making suggestions like, lets remove the A10C and put in the A10A and remove the SU25T and replace it with the SU25 are just ways to make people feel better about things.

Why don't we simply go forward with the tools we have and make the best use out of them. Yes, I was miffed when the AGM H was removed, but that was more because it was jsut removed and with no explaination. Yes, the Flanker is at a disadvantage if you compare it straight up in ALL aspects with the Eagle, but so does every jet in hisotry when you compare it to its main rival. What people need to do is use that jets advantages to their benefit intsead of complaining that there position is poor because the other sides plane can do X, Y, and Z.

Frankly I'm jealous at the amount of ordance a SU25 and the KA50 can carry. Yes they may have a shorter range then my AGMs but they can carry a whole hell of a lot more and are still guided. Again, people need to fly the plane to its advantages instead of thinking that every tactic is going to work in every plane.

Lastly, people need to come down off their high horses and understand that this is simply a game. Yes, we do take it seriously as simers thend to do, but in the end we are armchair flying virtual versions for military aircraft. Have fun and stop worrying about what Blue/Red has that you don't. Find a way to make what you have work for what you want it to do.

Im reading through this and all I am is awstruck. People are so caught up in things being far. Nothing in war is fair. Furthermore, this isn't real war. This is a game. If things continue to get restricted like airframes and weapons etc, Buddyspike is going to lose a large amount of its player base.

Making suggestions like, lets remove the A10C and put in the A10A and remove the SU25T and replace it with the SU25 are just ways to make people feel better about things.

Why don't we simply go forward with the tools we have and make the best use out of them. Yes, I was miffed when the AGM H was removed, but that was more because it was jsut removed and with no explaination. Yes, the Flanker is at a disadvantage if you compare it straight up in ALL aspects with the Eagle, but so does every jet in hisotry when you compare it to its main rival. What people need to do is use that jets advantages to their benefit intsead of complaining that there position is poor because the other sides plane can do X, Y, and Z.

Frankly I'm jealous at the amount of ordance a SU25 and the KA50 can carry. Yes they may have a shorter range then my AGMs but they can carry a whole hell of a lot more and are still guided. Again, people need to fly the plane to its advantages instead of thinking that every tactic is going to work in every plane.

Lastly, people need to come down off their high horses and understand that this is simply a game. Yes, we do take it seriously as simers thend to do, but in the end we are armchair flying virtual versions for military aircraft. Have fun and stop worrying about what Blue/Red has that you don't. Find a way to make what you have work for what you want it to do.

If this is the aim, let put everything on and setup defenses as it should.

On blue:

F15 with AMRAAMS

A10C with the full stock.

Gazelle and UH1

HAWKs and patriots.

Now that would be cool and dangerous.

NP but remember.. red will at least have this:

On red

SU27/MIG29 w Datalink

MIG21 with the nuke

Su25T with the full SEAD capabilities

SU25A -- The one I fly.. .I hate the 25t.. is a fat pig.

S300

TORs

KUBs

BUKs

Tungusta

ED should move their butts and create a russian equivalent of the A-10C in terms of complexity and realism - a multirole fighter which is CAS capable. Does someone knows if there is declassified stuff on the subject ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]