"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Uhhm, cant connect to server, neither via list, nor via IP, apart from that only having like 10 servers on the list. Whaa happend ? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhm, cant connect to server, neither via list, nor via IP, apart from that only having like 10 servers on the list. Whaa happend ? :D

Are you running the open beta perhaps?

I'm also kinda confused on this. The server is running on the stable release version, right? So, is it still possible to join with the open beta? I'm asking, because the M2000 recieved lots of nice fixes in the current beta update which I would like to enjoy.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I fear my DCS installation somehow identifies itself as an 1.5.3 openbeta client. Displays exactly the same servers as 1.5.3 open beta.

Shiat.

[i have stable, openbeta and open alpha installed, tried to connect both with stable and openbeta...]

EDIT: Version number of stable is stable, well will try the repair command, and if that doesnt work I guess i have to reinstall. *great*

THX ED. x)

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not your fault guys.

The server is down since morning. We are trying to get it up but it seems an issue on the datacenter.

We hope to get it up soon as we are on the final stage of testing.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Ah okay, that is kind of a relief, feared of tons of gigabytes to be downloaded again. :D

Good luck fixing the Problems ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a small point to make about people quitting to stop kill messages...

On Blue Flag, when your pilot is killed, you're switched from an aircraft slot back to a spectator slot straight away so you can't fly again if you're out of lives.

When the switch happens, the body of the aircraft you're flying in will disappear, but parts that have been shot off won't. This is probably what you're seeing when you think someone has switched deliberately. You'll get the kill as well as far as I know as it should be awarded when the pilot is killed.

Hope that helps clear it up!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If I was fluent in LUA and DCS APIs i would offer help but atm I would be more of a hinderence i guess. :D

Sounds to me like its more issue with LUN than LUA :smilewink:

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is it a bug that flying 'transport Choppers' now cost a life or is this intendet?

It counts your lifes lost but does not restrict them to a number.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It counts your lifes lost but does not restrict them to a number.

meaning that i still can start in a UH/MI if i have no lives left? I have a hard time to deciver what you mean :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

meaning that i still can start in a UH/MI if i have no lives left? I have a hard time to deciver what you mean :)

Oh thats another another story... You meam die 4 times in an Airplane then jump to a choppa.

I wouldnt know...

You can die 3 times on any airplane then jump to the transport choppers no problem.

If you only flew the chopper you can fly 4 ever. :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heli lifes should get accounted as well.

They is nothing legit in allowing fighter pilots to block heli slots because they have been shot down. Heli slots aren't much in numbers so it would be legit to keep them to chopper pilots. If a guy ruins his 4 lifes, he better train harder.

Not to mention the UH1 "AAA" exploit at objectives.

Heli lifes should get accounted as well.

They is nothing legit in allowing fighter pilots to block heli slots because they have been shot down. Heli slots aren't much in numbers so it would be legit to keep them to chopper pilots. If a guy ruins his 4 lifes, he better train harder.

Not to mention the UH1 "AAA" exploit at objectives.

As of today heli lives are limited the same as other slot to 4. The only exception is gci which you should be able join with no lives at all.

Lives system has been rewritten internally as well. You can now check remaining lives by typing -lives in chat.

Gazelle added with ability to do recon the same as l39/Hawk but the difference is you don't have to RTB to transmit Intel.

On my phone so can't type a more detailed reply, apologies.

Again, its still testing so tweaks will still be made but we're close now. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

i strongly urge you to reconsider the idea of Transport choppers costing lives:

-it takes ages to get anywhere, so we would look at 30min to target, and 30min back (in case of failed capture)

-you are much more prone to just crash on your mission (a stutter at 30ft alt is not funny)

-[this is guesswork] some people only fly them if they "must", so if they are at risk lossing valuable lives for thier "fun-planes" we will even have less chopper pilots but they are Vital to get stuff captured

-playnight "DCS blueflag" is over after dieing 4 times now instead of "oh well i died 4 times in my f15 i do some fuel runs or carry some troops for the reminder"

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

As of today heli lives are limited the same as other slot to 4. The only exception is gci which you should be able join with no lives at all.

You could add the case blue capture script altogether so your cowboys can have fun shooting each other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could add the case blue capture script altogether so your cowboys can have fun shooting each other.

I agree, it is the hardest job to fly a transport chopper, all the work and none of the glory. With the airfield refueling script in full effect, CSAR missing and now limited lives, you might aswell add that capture script and kick choppers to the curb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

i strongly urge you to reconsider the idea of Transport choppers costing lives:

-it takes ages to get anywhere, so we would look at 30min to target, and 30min back (in case of failed capture)

-you are much more prone to just crash on your mission (a stutter at 30ft alt is not funny)

-[this is guesswork] some people only fly them if they "must", so if they are at risk lossing valuable lives for thier "fun-planes" we will even have less chopper pilots but they are Vital to get stuff captured

-playnight "DCS blueflag" is over after dieing 4 times now instead of "oh well i died 4 times in my f15 i do some fuel runs or carry some troops for the reminder"

I completely agree with this sentiment. I understand the reasoning for lives on the KA50 and now the Gazelle but Huey and the Hip seem a little unfair.