"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Most likely desynced.. Happens a lot lately on the server. I've seen Mirages flying with one or no wings and still shooting at me. :megalol: :helpsmilie:

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can confirm that the uh01 is incredebly though "sometimes". Flying it very often i have been shoot down by just one missle or eat up to 3 missles and still manage to crashland. I suspect that the missles explode to far from the Aircraft resulting in a Hit but less damage.

:music_whistling:

You might take a mirage next time, those Magic missles do well against uh01...

:music_whistling:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

another question: can someone explain to me how do you use Mortar troops?

I placed them on a downward slope facing and enemy FARP. they seem to have line of sight (the slope allowed them to look downwards) and the Farp was in range (>10km) but they did not engage

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

T

edit: Can we get Mig29-As on Red where Blue has Mirages? It feels a little bit off... Mirages are taking off non stop from the airfields and we cannot do much about it...

Whats nonstop? in the real round lives are limited to 4 per day, that non stop will be over pretty fast.

also remember that Mirage is hardly as deadly as you think (and don`t get me wrong i love it!)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whats nonstop? in the real round lives are limited to 4 per day, that non stop will be over pretty fast.

also remember that Mirage is hardly as deadly as you think (and don`t get me wrong i love it!)

Everyone keeps saying in the real round lives are limited, and they're not in the testing, but this is just plain wrong. Lives are limited in the testing round.

The lives system is broken for users with special characters. This means if your name is something like JohnSmith then you'll not be able to rejoin after you die 4 times, but if your name is John_Smith then you can continue to use lives past 4 and still join.

and then another one jumps in and takes off ;)...I should "rephrase" this. It's just that u can take off with Mirages which IMHO are almost as deadly as flankers from every airfeld blue captures..

.W/e I don't want to argue about this..It was just a feedback to the BS team and maybe they will reconsider it.:)...

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

Everyone keeps saying in the real round lives are limited, and they're not in the testing, but this is just plain wrong. Lives are limited in the testing round.

The lives system is broken for users with special characters. This means if your name is something like JohnSmith then you'll not be able to rejoin after you die 4 times, but if your name is John_Smith then you can continue to use lives past 4 and still join.

In an ideal world we'd have a script with all participants listed with numbers corresponding to their names so as characters don't come onto it, only these names are allowed on the server and once a coalitions side reaches 50%(25 players) no more from that coalition can join the server. This would help sort life issue, randoms joining, name changes and player balance.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Most likely desynced.. Happens a lot lately on the server. I've seen Mirages flying with one or no wings and still shooting at me. :megalol: :helpsmilie:

So the huey lived though 1 x R-77 and 2 x 30MM gun runs......BS. it's this kind of thing that runs this game. i've flown alot of the huey and never ate this much shit.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

So the huey lived though 1 x R-77 and 2 x 30MM gun runs......BS. it's this kind of thing that runs this game. i've flown alot of the huey and never ate this much shit.

This is online, it is part and parcel of the problems that should be expected. Desync is not common it is just a hiccup that in the grand scheme of things works both ways, you just have to live with it. No point getting worked up over internet issues, they will always be.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Hax!

In all seriousness, I believe this is desync, as someone stated.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

In an ideal world we'd have a script with all participants listed with numbers corresponding to their names so as characters don't come onto it, only these names are allowed on the server and once a coalitions side reaches 50%(25 players) no more from that coalition can join the server. This would help sort life issue, randoms joining, name changes and player balance.

Personally I would use the users Guid to track their lives (similar to your assigned number except ED has already done the work of assigning everyone a Guid).

I would also handle the player count a little differently. Allow one team to join a max of n number of users over the competing team, so if n is 5 and say RED has 3 players then BLUE can join a max of 8 users. n could be adjusted to a lower number or higher number depending on the balance needed. This way it scales, and you don't have one team on the server with 25 players while the other team might have 0.

I think this system would also help in diversifying the time zones, so the east isn't so RED focused, and the west isn't so BLUE focused. Reason being is they wouldn't be able to play because there would not be enough of the other team to let them join thus they may decide to play for the other team.

Edited by BodyOrgan

So how's testing going so far, will we (Red?) have a few 1st person drivable Tunguska, Tor, Osa? :)

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So how's testing going so far, will we (Red?) have a few 1st person drivable Tunguska, Tor, Osa? :)

I think there is already more than enough load on the server without adding the extra load moving units bring.

Maybe limiting to 2 or 3 deployable units per coalition might be a start.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

The problem arises when Blue start taking Red bases so they can then use Mirages from these advanced airbases while Red can only use MiG-21 from captured Blue airbases.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

another question: can someone explain to me how do you use Mortar troops?

I placed them on a downward slope facing and enemy FARP. they seem to have line of sight (the slope allowed them to look downwards) and the Farp was in range (>10km) but they did not engage

I'm not sure if this is intended but I've experienced a similar behavior of anti-tank group. I've dropped them really close to the FARP, they've run just next to the landing pads but then stopped and did nothing. They didn't attack but also FARP units didn't engage them. I wasn't expecting that AT team would capture the FARP but at least it should be able to pull out some fight.

Screen_160506_212119.thumb.jpg.63d15499cb68d8483b128b5519f84cfb.jpg

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

It also works with caracter case change or just by adding a simple space.

BTW..I got hit by a patriot near Vaziani the other day.. :music_whistling:

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

two(three) questions/suggestions:

Would it be possible to know the status of KUB and Stingers one placed without using GCI. Even then he cant see the ammo status. F10 menue maybe with grid coords and status, like pak-intel

Would it be possible to know which launcher killed what? So instead of reading in chat "AI kub killed a dude" we can read "Nero's AI kub killed a Dude"

The third question is, what is the a reason why Positions of Player-placed Launchers are not saved durching restart?

two(three) questions/suggestions:

Would it be possible to know the status of KUB and Stingers one placed without using GCI. Even then he cant see the ammo status. F10 menue maybe with grid coords and status, like pak-intel

Would it be possible to know which launcher killed what? So instead of reading in chat "AI kub killed a dude" we can read "Nero's AI kub killed a Dude"

The third question is, what is the a reason why Positions of Player-placed Launchers are not saved durching restart?

I thought the exact same thing: maybe the heli pilot that placed it could also be credited with the kill!