DCS Loses Focus In-Game

ekg

I have an issue where sometimes DCS will lose focus and will get minimized in game. I have two monitors, however I keep the second one (right) off when playing. I think there might be some notification in the tray that might cause this. Ideally I would like to avoid going through the exercise to find out which one as there is nothing on the desktop when DCS is minimized. Anyone have a similar issue? Any way to deal with this?

You are turning the "Power Off" of the other monitor? or You are using the system setting to turn it off?

Either way is still an issue. In the settings of the Sim. do you have it set to use one monitor?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

DCS goes minimize randomly or it does when you click mouse button(s)?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hmmm now that you mention it...

Yes I power off the second monitor (right). When I look with my mouse sometimes the mouse goes into the second monitor even though it's turned off. I have to move the mouse back left in order to see it again on the screen.

I'm not 100% if I clicked when this happened but that would definitely explain why it loses focus (i.e. I click outside of DCS). DCS would lose focus when the second monitor was on and I was using firefox or saitek HUD.

As far as settings go I'm pretty sure I have only one monitor set in the settings. Will have to double check.

Sometimes I use double monitor for combat scenarios, and sometimes main monitor is OK for just flying for fun.

In those times, in single monitor settings, if "Full Screen" option is not enabled and somehow if I click LMB accidentally in-game, DCS loses focus or mouse shape goes same with Windows' - But I couldn't remember what happens recently. And then you will have to bring mouse back in game and click once. :)

Probably your problem is similar mine. If you don't fly with multi-monitor setting, check Full Screen option to avoid this problem.

See you.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068