2xMS Sidewinder FFB2 issues

Hello all, I got a strange issue about rudder so I would like to know if there are any way to fix it.:)

I use 2 Miscrosoft Sidewinder FFB2 joystick for Cyclic(X and Y Axis) and rudder (only X axis). Both joystick worked and have FFB, but when I try to Trim them a strange thing happened.

Looks like the rudder trim will always PLUS the Cyclic Y trim.

Example:When I hold the trim button, I move the cyclic and rudder to posision below:

** ***|

** ***| O(3,3)=cyclic triming position

** ***|

-------+------- cyclic axis

** ***|

** ***|

** ***|

---------O----- rudder axis

** *** (3)=rudder triming position

When I release the trim button, Rudder position will jump to position (6).

I'd test this theory and this always happen.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I get wrong. Any one got any ideas?XD

Edited by questerymj

Afaik DCS can only handle one FFB device correctly. It does not distinguish between them in regards of where forces are applied. That and/or the fact that DCS also does not have a concept of "FFB rudder pedals" is probably responsible for what you are seeing: your "rudder" axis gets the same forces applied to as the corresponding (X/Y) cyclic axis.

I've been thinking about how to do force-trim rudder pedals myself, and for me the FFB option is still the most attractive. I like the idea of being able to customize the amount of return force through software, rather than having to buy and change springs.

I'm weighing two options:

Use an FFB HID controller like the MS FFB2, or even a racing wheel, possibly with a secondary computer that could also run gauges(to avoid conflicts with game FFB, if that is an issue), combined with an application that outputs FFB commands to keep the pedals centered, with a button on the stick(communicated through hard or software to also trim the cyclic) to change the center position.

Alternatively, a semi self-contained system using an arduino to drive a DC motor(possibly one out of an MS FFB2, mostly for safety reasons as I wouldn't want to put my feet on something too powerful) to achieve the same effect. This could also be connected to a PC to communicate the centering command.

Good idea Pfeil!:)

I have bought a logitech momo force feed back wheel for this idea first, it didn't work, so I borrow another sidewinder FFB2 to test and find this result.

I know there is a 3rd party FFB application can run with DCS and provide FFB control. Maybe there are any genius can write a similair APP, let us select a certain FFB device, emulate it as a single axis to apply in DCS, and read trim command/rudder position from DCS (via LUA export,etc) to do the same work for Rudder?

I'm dreaming for this.XD