DCS World 2.0 Wishlist

fogster

question, I noticed on the livestream that there was a flyover of McCarran Intl. Will there be simulated civilian traffic from that airport in the air? or only on the ground?

same question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

nice movies :music_whistling:

AW2E2s4.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think we need to stop dissecting the content from Wags so much. We are starting to see things that more than likely are just internal test platforms, ie the F-117 stream mission, this, the Belsimtec F-15, etc. All it is doing is serving to drive us all nuts.

question, I noticed on the livestream that there was a flyover of McCarran Intl. Will there be simulated civilian traffic from that airport in the air? or only on the ground?

Yeah, I was wondering if this will be an active airport within the sim, Hope so. Maybe someone can put it to Wags before the next stream.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AS my wing is using a lot of human controllers and JTACs hereare my questions:

- Will 2.0 have any information regarding wind and QNH on locations throughout the world and the airports? Presently, when using dynamic weather, it is neigh impossible to give correct wind and QNH indications to departing and arriving flights.

- Will human controllers have the possibility to "control" certain airport aspects like runway lighting in a foggy enviroment and such?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Ditching on water; will it be possible?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Enjoyed the streams so far..thanks.

Now Matt said that the NTTR map goes all the way to the sea.

So will we be able to have ships as active units on the sea?

Also will armed patrol boats be able to be placed on the lake? It would be great to protect the Hoover Dam from attack.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Enjoyed the streams so far..thanks.

Now Matt said that the NTTR map goes all the way to the sea.

So will we be able to have ships as active units on the sea?

Also will armed patrol boats be able to be placed on the lake? It would be great to protect the Hoover Dam from attack.

Cheers

Of course you can; you can place a carrier on the lake.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Of course you can; you can place a carrier on the lake.

You are aware he was asking about the DCS World 2.0 environment allowing(!) boats etc. to be placed on lakes, maybe even rivers? Which is the valid question to Wags.

Current DCS World limits boats and ships to ocean/large waterbodys...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In downtown LV, will there be a Wendy's, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut?

I neeeeed my pizza after a grueling flight.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Do you have any plans to allow players to ditch or crash land on water? I think this would be a lot of fun and very different compared to landing on normal terrain. If not, is there any plans to show the aircraft being damaged by hitting the water instead of just a splash shown?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To add to will487's question

Do you have any plans to allow players to ditch or crash land on water?
could a Huey of Mi-8 rescue downed, splashed pilots in MP?

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Will we be able to tell tankers to change speeds? IMO this is crucial but i realise not alot of people use them so it's probably not that important :/

How hard can it be , just give the current "active" plane that's refuelling radio commands to have the tanker change speed to pre-set speeds that are set in the ME or just by the game itself

Edited by McBlemmen

I got my student copy of 3dMax and I just bought Substance Designer 5.0 during the Steam Sale. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what can be modded in DCS 2.0.

I probably won't work on my own trademark infringing mods for the Murage and OMG Grand but I'll install them if someone else makes them.

Question removed by myself

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Wags,

Can the DCS 2.0 Mission Editor Trigger section have an AI entry for an Illuminating Bomb action that changes the parachute to OD green and eliminates the smoke trail? Perhaps it could be called "Airdrop Pallet" ...

That would greatly increase realism for the AI C-130 and C-17 and give them a "job" to perform in the simulation.

Cheers,

Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I see in video today is the shadows of blades in cockpit. That's great, but chopped blade parts on the ground are not touching the ground exactly like current version of DCS.

Plus, after Ka-50 crash in video, aircraft tends to jump repeatedly. I hope these issues will be fixed in final release... :\

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068