Any good games out soon?

For AA you have to register, all your results are put in the server.:megalol:

I found one where I didn't have to. What did you mean by 'all your results are put in the server'?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

...too many FPS if you ask me. The market is full of them, and the trend is to get even more crowded. I hold fingers crossed that one day it will be impossible for new companies to take on HL, doom, quake, UT, BF and other big boys of the business. I fail to grasp why people keep buying these games after playing 20 of them, all with similar features. Its not like being dedicated to the genre hoping to get a new one with dreamed features. People just comsume them in a row. They come even if they don not bring anything new... :S

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I found one where I didn't have to. What did you mean by 'all your results are put in the server'?

Pregnancy test results.

I'm itching to play a good clicky-clicky RTS. I played Blitzkrieg and all its expansion packs plus the sequel to death, is there anything else out there that's good?

That's a bit broad overstatement. The most realistic in what? It is rather limited in having small maps, specially made for one situation and fixed spawning points plus no vehicles. In regard of action-oriented squad shooters on small maps, probably, due to lack of oposition (R6?).

OFP offers much more realistic situations even in that limited regard (unlimited tactical options to say the least).

In comparison to OFP, AA features realistic recoil for weapons, realistic grenade modelling, stoppages(and not just empty magazines), realistic reload time and a good killing house. OFP rates 2nd to me although the enemy AI is the best I've seen. My impressions are based on the trainning missions in AA alone not anything else. The weapons handle very realistically compared to OFP, and thats the bottom line.(OFP still is one of my favourites though)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

When you load AA you must create an account it then stores your performance results online on a US Army server(at least thats the impression I got). One thing one of my friends told me to try is shooting the instructors, though use a different callsign for that if you want a laugh.(otherwise its on your record-for good:D )

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Sub,

Thanks. I thought you meant they keep people's personal record on their server and I was like, wha...? teh

Anyway, I gave up downloading AA; 16 hours download time!

Edit:

Is there any good/decent free flight simulation out there? Or any games for that matter.

I found YSflight but haven't install it, yet. Has anyone tried it?

Cheers

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

...too many FPS if you ask me. The market is full of them, and the trend is to get even more crowded. . I fail to grasp why people keep buying these games after playing 20 of them, all with similar features. Its not like being dedicated to the genre hoping to get a new one with dreamed features. People just comsume them in a row. They come even if they don not bring anything new... :S

Its true, and im guilty also.

Have played,

All original Rainbow six,

Starwars Dark forces, Jedi kight,,

Elite Forces, 1 & 2, (satisfied a long held desire to fight the borg)

DS9, The Fallen

Dooms, from original, to 3

Alien v Preditor,

All ghost recon, and addons,

OPF GOTY (with addons)

HL2,

F.E.A.R,

and now got GRAW.

Think that about it.

Of these best imo,

OPF (by a long way) for multiplay, strategy, war simulation

AvP, (lights out, headphones on) for Shear terror.

Fallen, excellent graphics, clever puzzles,

F.E.A.R, best AI for this type of FPS.

But problem with most, is they are 'addicitive', excapism. Like cinema.

Most now its just fancy graphics, and they lack any game play, including GRAW.

Games to look forward to for me, in order

1.Armed Assault (possible vaporware)

2.FF4

3.BS

4.Battle of Britian (oleg)

4.Fighter OPS (possible vaporware)

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

You also might consider getting PREY... http://www.prey.com/ , it's based on quake 3 engine.

if you don't wanna waste money PM me ;), i might get something funny.

I spent a couple of hours playing PREY at a mates last weekend, To me it was just Doom3 with less demanding AI and annoying puzzles.

After spending the last couple of years playing pretty much nothing but FPS I'm sick to death of them. I spent £30 on HL:EP1 and played it through the same day, It's got absolutley no re-play value to it.

BF2 is fun for about 10 minutes online, unless you have a ping rate in the low teens and reactions like a cat, or are lucky enought to join a sqaud that plays together. SP modes get repetative really quick.

The market seems to be split between FPS and RTS games at the moment with a small spattering of MMORPG as well, like GuildWars (which - in case anyone is interested - is good fun if you like D&D type games without all the character rolling). Hopefully we'll start to seem more inovation in games soon instead of the "cram more bells and whistles into the graphics engine" markets we see at the moment, although I'm not hold out much hope as thats all it seems to have been since I got my Commodore64 when I was 12.....

Personally I'd like to see something like an updated OFP/BF2/LOMAC cross with persistent online dynamic campaigns etc but what are the chances of that?

• ED Team

BF2 is fun for about 10 minutes online, unless you have a ping rate in the low teens and reactions like a cat, or are lucky enought to join a sqaud that plays together. SP modes get repetative really quick.

SP bf 2 is a joke. The game wasnt designed for SP. Play online though, and you'll have a blast, if you have the skills. ;)

Any bf 2 players here might find me using the nick <TB> VIpr

Some good strategic games:

Civilization 4

Empire at War (not very deep but if you're into Star Wars, must have)

Earth 2160

If you want to train for Black Shark get Janes Longbow2 or Enemy Engaged Comanche vs Hokum on eBay. EECH is in heavy development by modders.

Earth 2160? Isnt that the one after bf2?

No, thats BF2142.

Earth 2160 is some other game (RTS).

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer