Red vs Orange - JW4 -

FLANKERATOR

Hey guys,

We will give it a go on the 51st server again and if things go south again, we will switch straight away to the 104th server.

We believe main reason yesterday was that TS was also hosted on the same server, so we will make sure to move the TS server to another machine.

Guys, please post below your callsign again if you can fly on Saturday 11th of July. Not posting means you can not attend.

Priority will be given to people who have already signed up and showed up yesterday before the battle got postponed.

New comers are also welcome to sign up to fill slots in case there are registered pilots who can not make it next week.

I will update this first post to include those who have confirmed their participation for Saturday 11th of July (TS meeting at 5PM zulu)

Battle Roster----------->http://sa-sim.com/joint-warrior-4-official-results/

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

HI Flanker thanks, the Orange team slots will be like yesterday with small changes:

=57th= Iberian - SU27

=57th= Thunder - SU27

=57th= Ghost - SU27

=57th= Ninja - F-15C

=57th= Hogan - F-15C

=57th= Ariel - F-15C

=57th= Jacobs - SU-25T

=57th= Niko - SU-25T

EDP71st - Aleman - SU27

EDP71st - Skyhell - F-15C

EDP71st - Apenwolf - SU27

EDP71st - Honos - Su25T

EDP71st - Rush - SU25T

Sweeper - F15C

Mamba - SU-27

Wodan - F-15C

PLaiskool - F-15C

Viking_Tsunami - SU-27

Snakey - F-15C

TwinScroll - F-15C

PointBlack - F-15C

=36= Gaanalma - SU-27

=36= Viking - SU-27

=36= Evil - SU-27

Reserves:

Kistoy - F-15C

EDP71st - Seawolf - SU-25T

EDP71st - RedRapter - SU-25T

=57th= Leonwolf - SU-27

=57th= Wolfman - F-15C

Dante - SU-25T/A-10C

Edited by JunMcKill

thought we were on for today. the finals were scheduled for today. there shouldn't be any availability issues on any of the teams otherwise it would have been simply unprofessional and disrespectful to not be able to show for today.

I cant confirm my availability for next weekend until later during the week. and im sure many of my other squadmates are going to have issues with the new date. most are from the USA and its a national holiday that day.

the match should be held today.

It's a big mistake to not do this today. I guarantee 4th of July weekend isn't going to work for either the rematch or the final round for any team with a significant proportion of US participants. That being the case, what we're really talking about is waiting another 2 weeks to finally finish this.

Everyone was supposed to have the expectation of being available today for the finale, if they couldn't make it work it was on them to find replacements or make some sort of alternative arrangement. As far as I saw, there was only one very vocal person saying they wouldn't be available, I don't think it reflects accurately on the whole group.

The 4th of July weekend is going to present some issues with our American friends so I think it's only reasonable that we reschedule this for the following weekend.

I know not flying today let a lot of people down, as I mentioned before in another post this will be the last time this ever happens, in future we will have back up servers standing by to cover issues like this.

Doesn't make it any easier for you guys right now I know, and I'm sorry for that.

We've learned a massive lesson here and the same mistake won't be repeated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2423617']The 4th of July weekend is going to present some issues with our American friends so I think it's only reasonable that we reschedule this for the following weekend.

I know not flying today let a lot of people down, as I mentioned before in another post this will be the last time this ever happens, in future we will have back up servers standing by to cover issues like this.

Doesn't make it any easier for you guys right now I know, and I'm sorry for that.

We've learned a massive lesson here and the same mistake won't be repeated.

No problem Mav, things happens, we will try to bring a full 24 team and reserves, the day you propose for the RED vs Orange match.

RuSh

Alright guys, let's skip the 4th, completely forgot it's independence day in the US.

Thanks Rush for being very flexible with the Orange coalition!

So let's set this to July 11th, I will update the first post.

It will also give me more time to do the monster job of going through the acmi, tallying and publishing scores as well as updating databases! I was freaking out a bit of having to process three massive battles in a row, glad it wont be the case :D

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

What I've noticed in these events is that people lose interest if they have to wait around for hours for the event to start...some of the players may have planned things around the event.

I don't think people would be happy to take off late after the usual waiting for things to be ready, then have to cancel because of server problems, and then have to wait for mission to be transferred to 104th after problems.

So in the interest of making sure people don't just give up on the event, I suggest to just host it on the 104th server from the start if possible.

Just a suggestion. :imho:

Also players, please be considerate to everyone participating on the event and be on time...

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Both servers were delayed for 45mins due to mission related issues.

When partaking in these types of events delays and server issues are to be expected though getting a handle on them is possible we wouldn't get anywhere without valuable benchmarking. These events are one of the very few opportunities to benchmark servers and help iron out the problems for the future.

I think you're not looking at the big picture but instead focusing on a personal level.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

What I've noticed in these events is that people lose interest if they have to wait around for hours for the event to start...some of the players may have planned things around the event.

I don't think people would be happy to take off late after the usual waiting for things to be ready, then have to cancel because of server problems, and then have to wait for mission to be transferred to 104th after problems.

So in the interest of making sure people don't just give up on the event, I suggest to just host it on the 104th server from the start if possible.

Just a suggestion. :imho:

Also players, please be considerate to everyone participating on the event and be on time...

This is why we try to gather people at 5pm so we can iron out any issue that may pop up. Take off is at 6pm normally but on this occasion, we will kick off the match at 5:30pm on the 51st server, if all good then perfect, otherwise, we will switch to 104th server straight away so we can still takeoff at 6pm as planned with no delays. As you said, it is important to turn up at 5pm on TS.

Server-wise, as we said, last time, TS bloating the bandwidth as it was also hosted on the same machine, this time, TS will be 104th's. As Frostie said, although these issues are disappointing, we are making the most out of them and learning from mistakes and things will get better.