Su-27 random blackouts

Weatherman

Anyone else experiencing random blackouts in the Su-27? I've been experiencing the screen go black while flying straight and level and then after a few seconds the screen will slowly fad back from a blackout. Not sure what is going on here. Someoene suggested that it may have to do with O2 but the Su-27 doesn't have O2 simulated i dont think. I am experiencing this in both single and multiplayer games. Maybe just a bug but not sure.

Could you provide us a track please?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me on engine failure / shut down. It's pretty easy to reproduce just shut down the engine and then turn it on and go to afterburner (i.e. try to break the thing) and fly around. Doing that twice will cause engine failure and the cockpit view will be blacked out.

Hey weatherman.

Sure you're not pushing any negative G's?

If you're going fast even a little bit of nose-down will black you out pretty quickly.

It's not supposed that positives Gs give you blackout and negative Gs red vision?

I had the same problem with the SU-27 nose going down, in this case I should have a red vision for negative Gs, not blackout

You are correct that pushing negative Gs within human tolerance limits will cause redout, but I believe OP is referring to a total loss of consciousness.

Positive G forces pull the blood from your head, which can be counteracted to some extent with breathing and muscle technique, but will eventually lead to your vision fading to a pinpoint before loss of consciousness.

Negative G forces force the blood up into your head. Redout is blood vessels in the pilot's eyeballs bursting from the pressure (fun!) Extreme negative G forces will cause an immediate loss of consciousness and often prove fatal.

I should also add that pushing negative Gs will almost immediately destroy your pilot's +G tolerance, which can also cause rapid G-LOC

Edited by feefifofum

It's not supposed that positives Gs give you blackout and negative Gs red vision?

I had the same problem with the SU-27 nose going down, in this case I should have a red vision for negative Gs, not blackout

There are a number of effects of pushing negative Gs besides red-outs many of which are debilitating. Since there's no way to model them, the developers reportedly used a "blackout" as a sort of shorthand for the actual physiological effects.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

There are a number of effects of pushing negative Gs besides red-outs many of which are debilitating. Since there's no way to model them, the developers reportedly used a "blackout" as a sort of shorthand for the actual physiological effects.

Ahhh, thats why there is no gradual blackout, it is an inmediate loss of consciousness!

Thanks!!

Do you (or anybody else) lose consciousness on an engine failure/shutdown? I've had this happen to me, somehow doubt that I was pushing any serious Gs.

No. But that's something I'd like to see. Have you saved a track of it happening by any chance?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...

Your not hitting the "S" key by any chance? I would accidentally hit that sometimes when pressing "D" for cycle missile and disable the ASC.

At the higher speeds this meant the nose of the SU would pitch really fast=black out/G-Loc, followed by a inverted flat spin..

Edited by zxarkov

i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz | GTX 980 Ti | 16GB G.Skill 2133 Quad Channel | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Win7 ProX64 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Throttle | BenQ XL2730Z 1440p

• 2 months later...