DCS: F-5E!

Python

Does anyone know if you buy the F5 now, can you immediately use the bonus points toward a purchase of Nevada? Might be a dumb question...

I think so. Pretty sure I didn't have any bonus points before, and I have $12 now, so if they're enabled for NTTR you should be able to use them right away. Can't promise anything though.

Could they be waiting to 2.5.Just a little curious how we go from early access this month to maybe july-august access .Thats a significant delay did they have a major setback?I feel they are waiting for something 2.5 maybe.At least that makes the most sense to me with what we are told.Just my observation

Well what we've been told is that the module was 'ready' for the normal standards of early access, but they decided they wanted to lift those standards and instead release with a full manual and training missions.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they be waiting to 2.5.Just a little curious how we go from early access this month to maybe july-august access .Thats a significant delay did they have a major setback?I feel they are waiting for something 2.5 maybe.At least that makes the most sense to me with what we are told.Just my observation

It's one of my sneaking suspicions personally. Belsimtek may have been building and testing against 2.0+ versions exclusively with no intent of it being compatible with 1.5. ED and Belsimtek only knows the real reasons though.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'll wait until it actually releases. I can get a better discount with my bonus points anyway.

I'm debating the same thing sir! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Paid for mine, don't mind a discount, ' Och it's nice tae hae sale even!

May even mention it to my wife....later. LOL

Looking forward to it, agree it's turning into an expensive year, but this sim is worth supporting so I'm in for the long haul

Keep up the good work

• Like 1

Well what we've been told is that the module was 'ready' for the normal standards of early access, but they decided they wanted to lift those standards and instead release with a full manual and training missions.

I myself would have rather had module to fly while they worked on that.Not hold back module for that.Theres more going on here.

MODULES: FC3, M2000C, L-39C/ZA, UH-1H HUEY, A-10C WARTHOG, F-86F SABRE,MIG-15, MIG-21, KA-50,Hawk,P-51 and Nevada.

I think they are waiting for 2.5 as it also will be needed for support of additional maps. So that means that 2.5 is also needed for the Viggen map and also LN waiting for new "engine binaries" to fix the Mig21. I don't think this delay is related to the actual F-5E or Belsimtek, but ED needs a breather to finish up the long awaited DCS 2.5. But this is pure speculation on my part, It's hard to really know for sure. But please don't blame Belsimtek until we get the whole picture.

• Like 1

• ED Team

I myself would have rather had module to fly while they worked on that.Not hold back module for that.Theres more going on here.

There is no big mystery going on here, they just arent ready to release it, they want it at a certain level for early access, and until its there, we dont have it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Whatever the reason and as painful as it is to see yet another date fly past the cockpit window, more power to them. Unless they plant their behinds firmly on their hands for the next few months, the release can only become better with this delay.

They'll get my cash. I'm too weak to resist the urge and I know it.

Not a huge fan of the lack of campaign and 10 dollars more than the 'normal' asking price. Small market and a lot of work to put in, I guess. I'd rather see the modules stay a bit lower price wise and then see some more DLC in the form of campaigns, extended training campaigns, perhaps single-mission packs and possibly even variants.

• Like 1

• ED Team
Sith, are you confirming that ED are saying it's training and single missions only?

I read Extended campaign to likely mean we'd probably get a small (5?) multi-mission included, but not one of the big sprawling 10+ campaigns we've seen in other modules.

If not, no biggy, I'm getting it anyway.

I'll try and confirm, but I read it as that we are only getting training and single missions. Any campaign would be extra and/or 3rd party.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

What are those "Gun-Flaps" for that pop out while shooting? Saw them in the Trailer...

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

there is definitely something going on under the hood...what kind of justification are "the manual" and "training missions" in order to postpone the early access by two (or more) months? i think the reptilians have the Belsimtek team as a hostage...i would not be surprised to discover the ED involvment in 9/11 too :o :o

That was harsh! :huh:

surprised it hasn't been deleted

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Purges explosive gun gasses from the gun bay. "also gun gas doors on the side of aircraft open":thumbup:

I seem to recall it also directs the gun gases away from the portion of the slipstream that enters the engine intakes, to prevent a flame-out.

With all respect for BSM as but this sell is quite weird.

Paying now and getting early access in June (or August) is from May perspective a long journey.

I am not gonna look into everyone's pocket but I hold off till I see ready product available, in this case it can be quite good cooked early access.

Not a promise of getting it.

Just my two cents, hardly earned.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ