DCS: F-5E!

Python

Okay, thanks guys.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll dig some more, but havent found anything,

There's mentions of it in some of the export manuals (Specifically the F-5EM's), but nothing in the USAF one's Ive found.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Guys, take a look:

http://www.tigercenturyaircraft.com/upgrade-kits/aerial-refueling

The F-5 was originally developed to be compatible with the requirements for a short-range, defensive fighter suitable for use in the furtherance of US foreign policy objectives of the late 1960’s and early 1970’s through the Military Assistance Program (MAP). In accordance with these policy objectives, the F-5 was designed to have limited internal and external fuel volume, giving it a relatively limited range.

Over time, the customers for the F-5 came to include many countries that did not fit the geo-political profile of the original MAP customers, such as Brazil and Saudi Arabia. Some of these customers required greater range from the F-5. In order to enhance the payload-range characteristics of the aircraft, Northrop developed an AR probe system that provided the capability to perform in-flight refueling. This system was offered as a customer-selected option that would then be installed on the production line at the Northrop factory. In order to accommodate the AR system, some important structural beef-up was required. Unfortunately, many F-5 aircraft were manufactured without the structural provisions for the AR probe system installed.

In response to the requirement to add aerial refueling capability to F-5 aircraft that did not receive structural provisions during manufacture, TCA has developed a proprietary structural and systems modification kit to allow these aircraft to be capable of day or night refueling of all internal fuel cells and selected external fuel tanks using the “probe-and-drogue” system. The TCA Aerial Refueling (AR) System consists of permanently installed components and structural reinforcements along with an external, detachable AR probe assembly. The TCA AR System is applicable to all F-5s including the F-5A/B/E/F.

The TCA AR modification kit is the only one that has been developed for the dual-seat F-5F. Importantly, TCA’s AR modification kit has been certified by the USAF. The first customer for the TCA AR System was the Fuerza Aérea de Chile (FACh) for 13 F-5E and 3 F-5F AR Systems. The TCA F-5 AR System is in daily operational service. It incorporates many proprietary design features and has been approved for refueling with KC-135, KC-10, KC-130 and S-3A tankers.

"The TCA AR System is applicable to all F-5s including the F-5A/B/E/F.

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am probably alone, or very close to being alone on this but, if you do a refuel probe equipped one, I would love if you could leave non capable one flyable too, that probe looks ugly :D.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Would Likely Do a Mission Editor / Livery Specific Argument to Attach the Probe onto the External Model..

If they did do the probe..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Would Likely Do a Mission Editor / Livery Specific Argument to Attach the Probe onto the External Model..

If they did do the probe..

as i said before...the model should be clean as it is now! there must be a option to add the AR probe either as an option argument to attach, weapon (like the a-bomb on the mig-21) or even as a seperate model F-5EM!

Anyway i am happy as it is announced for now. But i can understand the request of some people for the AR probe. I don't see it as something very urgent for the moment. Hopefully there will be some time to add this feature some day to satisfy all you guys from brazil, etc...

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here are the links to both manuals I mentioned in the video:

Manual: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1946738/

Weapons Delivery Manual: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1946809/

Thanks for the vid. I can't wait for her to come out! One minor thing though, you had a hot start on both engines.

Normally you'd abort a start if the EGT raised above 845°C.

Thanks for the vid. I can't wait for her to come out! One minor thing though, you had a hot start on both engines.

That's why I feel sorry sometimes that engine stress isn't modelled at all. Frankly speaking, an in depth simulation should be able to include that. In this case, it doesn't matter how you start it or if you abide by the official procedures because you will never face any consequences. You can't break that thing.

One minor thing though, you had a hot start on both engines.

I can only quote a mix of cofcorpse right above me and Wags here: It may be not finished yet and everything is subject to change :)

... and I hope you're glad that I did not abort - otherwise there would be no preview :D

Danke für deine toll gemachten Videos.

Thanks a lot for your well made videos.

Immer wieder gerne!

Always my pleasure!

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

In this case answer is simple - the model is not finished yet.

Please add in launching the skin of the Brazilian Air Force. Thank you! :cry:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Wow those are some hefty manuals to start looking at....

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Yep, that's right. It actually wasn't a lock. But as I said in the video I was in the midst of working my way through all the radar features and how everything works. :)

yes i have seen those manuals in avialogs website.

but im wondering where is manual or source for the F5E block 3 that BST used?

whilst the second manual had information on both the AN/APQ 153 radar ,and the An/ApQ 159,

it had no information on the RWR or about the F5E in this exact configuration that we have in DCS.

no im not questioning aunthneticy, but I ( or anyone on forums form my understanding) havent been able to find any manual dedicated specifically to the F5E block 3 type of configuration

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Wow those are some hefty manuals to start looking at....

I found them quite easy to read and understand, especially the operating handbook.

Raku in the video you were asking about Gun dispersion. For the F5 .... all versions its 8mills/80%. Source Nothrop F5E Tactics Manual Part 2

That's some great info - thanks!

The sightline picture can be found in the Weapons Delivery Manual, too.

Can you point me in the right direction where to find the document you're referring to? Google seems to be no help here... ;)

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -