DCS: F-5E!

Python

IF the manual is the delay, then will be a good idea make the full manual pay ware. A quick manual will be ok for every module in the final price. They can make manuals to sale apart. I just think about the Ka-50 and A-10C manuals they have more than 300 pages. Wow! Some people even don't look at the manual. Just come and keep asking in forums and watching videos.

Please ED set lower the final price and sale the manuals apart!

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the manual is the delay, then will be a good idea make the full manual pay ware. A quick manual will be ok for every module in the final price. They can make manuals to sale apart. I just think about the Ka-50 and A-10C manuals they have more than 300 pages. Wow! Some people even don't look at the manual. Just come and keep asking in forums.

+1

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

IF the manual is the delay, then will be a good idea make the full manual pay ware. A quick manual will be ok for every module in the final price. They can make manuals to sale apart. I just think about the Ka-50 and A-10C manuals they have more than 300 pages. Wow! Some people even don't look at the manual. Just come and keep asking in forums and watching videos.

I can only support this.

+1

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

And it will not be easy to copy protect if that were to happen... Come on :) We're paying a lot for each module, remember there are entire games that are cheaper than one fixed wing aircraft/heli in DCS! A simulator with a stand alone DLC manual? I rather see a more complete package.

If they did that there would be 10 new threads every day like:

"hey how do i do this?"

"read the manual"

"Where is it, i don't have one!!"

"you have to buy it"

"are you kidding! I spent $40 on something and they want me to pay more just to use it! I'm not buying anything else from them!"

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

For the price of a fully released dcs module i expect..

- Complex aircraft modelling with AFM/PFM, not SFM.

- Ingame Tutorial Missions

- Instant Action Missions

- A basic but functional campaign that shows off the aircraft

- A thorough, complete manual that draws on the original RL one as far as is as possible taking into account simulation limitations.

Using 'its a beta' has become by word for releasing half baked products. And that doesnt hold when Beta status is removed.. Im glad Belsimtek have learnt from past difficulties and have adjusted their roadmaps accordingly.

Looking forward to the F5e.

• Like 2

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Amen! brother

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

- A thorough, complete manual that draws on the original RL one as far as is as possible taking into account simulation limitations.

Using 'its a beta' has become by word for releasing half baked products. And that doesnt hold when Beta status is removed.. Im glad Belsimtek have learnt from past difficulties and have adjusted their roadmaps accordingly.

I agree for the most part. I like being part of the beta process but for the final release I want all the things you have listed. Not a big campaign person myself so I can live w/o it but certainly having a detailed complete manual is a must for the final release of the product. F-5 this weekend perhaps?

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes if the list as advertised is for full release then by all means have it delivered as such. I really don't mind the process "beta" also. One thing to bear in mind as long as we continue this adventure of DCS, all modules will continue to be improved to some degree after release even with the literature/manuals. So bring on the F-5E this weekend and continue improve! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

100% against that. Imagine buying a new TV and you have to pay extra for the manual.

Did you read the part about a quick manual?

You can't compare a TV manual of 15-30 pages with a huge manual of 300 pages plenty of tech info. I know people that play in DCS and they even don't look manuals. Then is the question about translation this manual. Is a huge amount of work to have this part of the price work in every module.

ED can make a PDF inbuild in the DCS World software and control the license of the manuals. 3Th parties can make betters manuals with specials pictures and graphics as well. And this is money.

The whole community don't need pay for a manual of 300 pages In final price, when you better can pay lower for only a quick manual in final release. then you can buy the full manual if you want use it by yourself the whole manual and probably from the 3th party you want.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1+

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

agree full manual is a must included within the paid price.

if beta comes without manual, say just quick start fine, but for the price your pay a manual should be included with the final product once it goes out of beta.

besides F5 is nowhere near as complex as an A10C ,and ED sold manual with thier product.

so it would really be a cash grab to sell manual separate for extra price.

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Did you read the part about a quick manual?

You can't compare a TV manual of 15-30 pages with a huge manual of 300 pages plenty of tech info. I know people that play in DCS and they even don't look manuals. Then is the question about translation this manual. Is a huge amount of work to have this part of the price work in every module.

ED can make a PDF inbuild in the DCS World software and control the license of the manuals. 3Th parties can make betters manuals with specials pictures and graphics as well. And this is money.

The whole community don't need pay for a manual of 300 pages In final price, when you better can pay lower for only a quick manual in final release. then you can buy the full manual if you want use it by yourself the whole manual and probably from the 3th party you want.

I believe they already take the price of developing the manual into account.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Guys, chill, it will be released when the devs say so, we'll get there eventually. Selling manual as a DLC, lol, that would be a new low. But I guess those who like the idea are those who don't need it, and usually will get bored first and move to another module in 1-2 weeks after release.

Some of you really act like a 7 year olds in the toy shop: "Mommy, I want that toy and I want it NOW!!!".

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hmm, for a complete high fidelity module on DCS level, pretty close to a 6-digit worth real life simulator or better, I would expect a price of $140 to $200...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmm, for a complete high fidelity module on DCS level, pretty close to a 6-digit worth real life simulator or better, I would expect a price of $140 to $200...

Me too. The price ($50-$60) is extremely fair considering the investment in time and resources. Each module is a package item, which with the addition of a free map (or paid), becomes its own simulation. A very accurate simulation, with fully reslised system and dynamics accuracy. That price keeps it in the range of what people find acceptable to spend on entertainment software, whearas its true value would be in the hundreds.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the price is below your expectations, you can always buy two or three copies. :music_whistling:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

If the price is below your expectations, you can always buy two or three copies. :music_whistling:

Oh, actually I did for some, to support the development. Gave them to a buddy as birthday or Christmas presents. Mostly stuff he wouldn't have purchased himself. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In principle why not not be forced to pay for the manual if you don't want it, after all it was the same for paper copies.

However, I don't see a way to prevent people from illegally downloading very easily copies of those manuals.

It's technically not feasible.

• Like 1

Honestly if the F-5E take longer by my side is not a problem. The quality of BST products are appreciated.

The price, fair or not, have nothing to do with the idea I wrote before. Actually I think the price is really fair. Anyway I don't want comment more about because some people misunderstand my point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interresting to see what people think things are "worth". But what is worth? On the consumer side: Worth (in terms of price tag) means a value someone is willing to pay. On the seller side: It's the value someone is willing to receive in exchange of something.

For sure developers won't get below their break-even for an expected quantity of sold products. Profit is already within the price. And you can tell by the growing number of developers as well as DLC's that even USD 50 or 60 are enought to be happy. Profit doesnt come with low selling numbers but with quantity and the economies of scale are peerless with software.

I wonder if there are any public numbers in terms of customer base and how often a module is sold in the average.

Edited by KEULE

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

100% against that. Imagine buying a new TV and you have to pay extra for the manual.

The extra paying is what annoys you 100%? How about that, you want the manual you pay the normal price, those who dont want it get a discount.

My friend, when you buy something nothing is for free inside it, not the manual of your TV, not the box, not the plastic bag insides it, its storage in a warehouse, transport... Your TV manufacturer makes you pay for a manual that you probably wont open, i didnt open the manual of mine, damn it, it's a TV. You probably feel privileged getting it for free but in fact they made you buy it.

Now, I love to read DCS manuals, I would pay for them.

The blocking point for me is that its impossible to prevent hacking it or distributing it illegally for free. Even encrypting it wont be secure enough, nothing can stop screenshots, or printing and rescanning... I suppose they wouldnt want to disable printing.

But, you are paying for the manual. The cost of the manual is factored in to the price you pay. Wouldn't it be great if you had the option to not take the manual, and pay less?