DCS: F-5E!

Python

You need to wait for the Hornet or TomCat

Seeing as no F-14 variant was AGM-65 capable i think he will have to wait for the Hornet alone =P.

The harrier (AV-8B NA) that is being made will have AGM-65s but its not as much of a multi role as its air-air is rather limited.

And about the F-14 its not yet known if they have decided on what air-ground systems to give the F-14B

(as it was upgraded over time and they dont want it to be to different to the F-14A when it comes to systems as then it would be more difficult/take more time to make)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to refuel in flight with F -5E . But one Belsimtek NOT Want puts it . And do not give me that excuse different aircraft as the F- 5E of the cockpit has no button to trigger the transfer of fuel. Just engage the transfer is done automatically.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I just wanted to refuel in flight with F -5E . But one Belsimtek NOT Want puts it . And do not give me that excuse different aircraft as the F- 5E of the cockpit has no button to trigger the transfer of fuel. Just engage the transfer is done automatically.

Most F-5Es did not have Refueling probes and the variant they are modeling did not have one.

Thats probably the reason the current variant they are making does not have it.

But who knows they might make a variant later on with the Refuling probe (or simply giving it a option to add the refuling probe)

Since it would not be a "major" change.

But i for one would not want to be forced to have the Refuling probe either.

As i prefer the variants that did not carry it (majority of F-5Es)

Edited by mattebubben

Most F-5Es did not have Refueling probes and the variant they are modeling did not have one.

Thats probably the reason the current variant they are making does not have it.

But who knows they might make a variant later on with the Refuling probe (or simply giving it a option to add the refuling probe)

Since it would not be a "major" change.

But i for one would not want to be forced to have the Refuling probe either.

As i prefer the variants that did not carry it (majority of F-5Es)

Put an Option equal the IR suppressant Huey .

to be honest the specific role is what we want to simulate and experience.

for fulfilling do-everything hero fantasies there are games like ace combat.

Really now do it e erything multirole is fantasy?

Hmmm the f16c and f/a18 hornet much?

For older aircraft f5e and f4 would fit the multirole do it all criteria.

Bt hey what do I know that's all fantasy myth created by ace combat video game

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Anyone know the version of the radar that will be in the F-5E? AN/APQ 159, AN/APG-67, AN/APG-69? I think there were versions that featured a tv display allowing to control and fire Mavericks?

It will use the APQ-159 radar.

And there was 4 variants.

2 single seat options (with a single display) and two twin seat options for the F-5F with 2 displays.

the APQ-159-1 and -2 had Maverick capable displays

(with the 2 being the 2 seat variant)

And the APQ-159-3 and -4 had the non maverick capable displays (with the -4 having 2 displays for the 2 seat variant)

And the F-5E-3 we are getting has the APQ-159-3.

And thus no AGM-65 capable displays.

But they have said if they get enough info on the operation and symbology they could change it but since they currently lack enough info on how the AGM-65 display worked they are going with the non-maverick variant.

(that was also more common)

• Like 1

Really now do it e erything multirole is fantasy?

Hmmm the f16c and f/a18 hornet much?

For older aircraft f5e and f4 would fit the multirole do it all criteria.

Bt hey what do I know that's all fantasy myth created by ace combat video game

Shhh, the F-16, F/A-18, F-5, F-4, F-14, F-35 etc... All of these are myths and conspiracies to make fighter pilots seem like superheroes. They're unicorns, they don't really exist! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if it really will be worth to buy this F-5E-3?

Things he won't have.

1-aerial refueling.

2-IFF.

3-ILS.

4-Maverick.

5-Aim-9 used in the modern day.

6-I hope you have the paintings of the brazilian air force.

I'm in love with aircraft. But I'm really wondering if it's worth. My Brazilian friends are in the same thought. All clãns told the same thing. Will be worth this F-5E-3?

I have all the modules made of Belsimtek. Let's see what the future holds. Awaiting the official announcement of the armaments and features.

Edited by ThorBrasil

Things he won't have.

1-aerial refueling.

2-IFF.

3-ILS.

4-Maveric.

I'm in love with aircraft. But I'm really wondering if it's worth. My Brazilian friends are in the same thought. All clãns told the same thing. Will be worth this F-5E-3?

I have all the modules made of Belsimtek. Let's see what the future holds. Awaiting the official announcement of the armaments and features.

Depends. Honestly none of the older planes will appeal much to people who only want modern capabilities or weapons. They are more suited to people who want a challenge or enjoy the greater difficulties of effectively using outdated birds rather than how easy/sometimes boring it can be using "smarter" jets. But I assure you, all of the older planes in game have multiple ways of being fun and challenging and are worth exploring.

As for paintings, no doubt there will be loads of free skins for it by day 2 of release at the latest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Things he won't have.

1-aerial refueling.

2-IFF.

3-ILS.

4-Maveric.

Well hopefully it should have some all aspect Aim-9s.

Aim-9L or Aim-9M no.

But very likely and hopefully Aim-9P4 or Aim-9P5 (1980s variants of the Aim-9P missile with All aspect seekers)

And seeing how popular the Mig-21 is and the only thing the mig-21 has of your points is IFF.

The F-5E will be a interesting light multirole aircraft that can be interesting for air-ground missions with (with dumb munitons as the variant we are getting does not have the AGM-65 capable display)

And it will also be fun for air-air depending on the missions.

Air-Quake on the 104th no.

But on other servers with Sides based on nationality (Not having same aircraft types on both sides) that makes Vis ID more possible it will be more possible using the F-5E in air-air.

And on Servers with more limited / older aircraft Like Mig-21 AJS 37 and F-5E it should be very formidable and fun to fly.

But as others have stated if you do not like what the F-5E module is and instead wants to stay with modern aircraft that is up to you.

But im Sure the F-5E will be plenty Successful sales wise.

If things like the Trainer aircraft (Hawk/L-39/C-101) and the older jets (mig-15 and F-86) can get buy with decent number of sales id say the F-5E will probably do better.

Since not only is it a well known and semi famous aircraft but its also leagues ahead of any of those when it comes to combat ability.

Edited by mattebubben

Things he won't have.

1-aerial refueling.

2-IFF.

3-ILS.

4-Maverick.

You are exaggerating all this about the F-5E. I though you would like to kill Su-27 and Mig-29 with your dreamed F-5E. We need some older hardware to build some old era conflicts. I have any problem to get a Mig-21PFM Vietnam Era. If you want a figther with Mavericks the F-18 is your BB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Things he won't have.

1-aerial refueling.

2-IFF.

3-ILS.

4-Maverick.

For me and many others, it will be a day one buy. Whereas you say you have all Belsimtek modules, I have all but MiG-15, and the reason I don't have MiG-15 was I decided to boycott BST for lack of full manuals and long betas. But, they are making F-5E, so to hell with boycott :D, I'll get it on day one.

It is a very relevant version for growing stable of 70s to early 80s aircraft, and for this reason I am actually glad BST have chosen it, and also I admire the fact that it seems they are trying to keep it real to the version they chose, rather than adding gameplay bling.

Would I get a later addition of a more modern version, quite probably I will, but I am glad they are starting with a relatively early, or rather middleish version in this case.

MiG-21 has only 4th gen aircraft to fight which are all much superiour to it, did this make it not worth having? It seem to have sold very well, and is favorite module of many people including myself. RAZBAM made one of the earliest Mirage 2000 versions, did it make it unworthy? :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

For me and many others, it will be a day one buy. Whereas you say you have all Belsimtek modules, I have all but MiG-15, and the reason I don't have MiG-15 was I decided to boycott BST for lack of full manuals and long betas. But, they are making F-5E, so to hell with boycott :D, I'll get it on day one.

It is a very relevant version for growing stable of 70s to early 80s aircraft, and for this reason I am actually glad BST have chosen it, and also I admire the fact that it seems they are trying to keep it real to the version they chose, rather than adding gameplay bling.

Would I get a later addition of a more modern version, quite probably I will, but I am glad they are starting with a relatively early, or rather middleish version in this case.

MiG-21 has only 4th gen aircraft to fight which are all much superiour to it, did this make it not worth having? It seem to have sold very well, and is favorite module of many people including myself. RAZBAM made one of the earliest Mirage 2000 versions, did it make it unworthy? :).

im a bit in turn annoyed that BST is slow to acknowledge certain bugs, or fill in some lacking content on the sabre like Air to ground loadouts options

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Here's one for you, does anyone know what sort of look-down capability the AN/APQ-159 has? And if BST will be modeling the ground clutter that we see in the manual?

Edited by Custard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[ame]

[/ame]