Cobra's new avatar

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why you make a fuss about it. He is not the only one who s changing his avatar. Look I dont have one, what do you think it means, will you start speculating?

Relax people

Well... lets face it.. He's significant, you are not.. thats why people care (and he has also done hints with his avatar before..)

Personally i think its a mind game ;) They are hiding something, but only giving us hints so we can be hyped. Genious really..

and....... its just "fun"

8)

==edit==

gee, i wonder what in the world he possibly could be trying to say........ ??? lol

and, for future reference - cobra's profile

Edited by SDsc0rch
links

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know why you make a fuss about it. He is not the only one who s changing his avatar. Look I dont have one, what do you think it means, will you start speculating?

Relax people

You are not:

A. A dev

B. A dev who loves teasing his fans with vague hints

Cobra's avatar looks like a pirate's flag. If you google pirate aircraft you get this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_F6U_Pirate

It's actually a photograph of a pilot's helmet with the squadron insignia of the Strike Fighter Squadron 103 (VF-103), nicknamed Jolly Rogers. They belong to the United States Navy and currently fly the F/A-18F Super Hornet, but Cobra is obviously referencing the F-14 which they have previously flown.

1920px-US_Navy_021014-N-1955P-004_F-14_Tomcat_assigned_to_VF-103_conducts_mission_over_the_Mediterranean_Sea.jpg

It's actually a photograph of a pilot's helmet with the squadron insignia of the Strike Fighter Squadron 103 (VF-103), nicknamed Jolly Rogers. They belong to the United States Navy and currently fly the F/A-18F Super Hornet, but Cobra is obviously referencing the F-14 which they have previously flown.

1920px-US_Navy_021014-N-1955P-004_F-14_Tomcat_assigned_to_VF-103_conducts_mission_over_the_Mediterranean_Sea.jpg

Or is leatherneck creating an F/A-18F? Cause that would be seriously awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

It's a render from Leatherneck's facebook page. It's not VF-103, they became the Jolly Rogers after the disestablishment of VF-84 in 1995. The era and style is mid-80s VF-84. Here is a picture of VF-103's version which was a bit different:

2-skul10.jpg?fx=r_660_660

1_0f67a1916d67fcbf488528c333b7052d.jpg

-Nick

I remember they said they will post news in December? So we only need to wait another 2 weeks at least?

Day passed quickly, 2015 is leaving us... 50 days left...

Cobra said something like "November looks good", said the delaymeister :)

I hope for them they bring it before Xmas to maximize sales.

• 1 month later...
The ritual must continue! :worthy:

9wAy2zr.png

Looks like a Viggen radar scope.

Interestingly, I can't find the pic on google, so do you all think that this is from the module?

Frisco1522

Definitely a Viggen scope! We must be close... :D

Neat camo, could fly with something like that. Or maybe this will be special camo only for Cobra :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hm, will the f-14 be the first mech in DCS? Seems legit.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

well then, lets decrypt his pic...

IF you google cobra-goat you get pictures of cobras strangling goats...

you know what else strangles goats!?!?!

vipers...

DCS F-16 Confirmed! :P

:megalol:

Download My F15c Radar Cheat Sheet Here

http://imgur.com/a/sxGoA

i7 6700 @4.2 | 32gb DDR4 ram | asus hero VIII | strix 1080Ti

VMA-223 Bulldogs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|