JHMCS for DCS (Oculus Rift)

sundown28

Hello pilots,

this video shows my second Beta version "Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System" for DCS and Oculus Rift DK2.

This software displays real time flight informations (HUD) directly in your Rift.

Normally it is really hard to see the DCS HUD in Oculus Rift, this is why i'm developing the "JHMCS" for DCS.

Now it is possible to read the most importend values while flying with the rift.

It would also works without a rift.

Features:

- Speed, Alt, Mach, AoA, GLoad, Heading, Waypoint, Waypoint distance, vertical Speed as bar and Mission time.

- if you turn your head out of the buildin hud, you will see pitch an bank lines and the direction of your view (cam heading).

- turn your head down to see the cockpit instruments, the display shuts off to easily read instruments.

What do you guys think about?

Next (todo):

Radar altiude, locked target information, gun ammo, velocity vector.... and more!

1.thumb.jpg.bc9f318df77dd04748df8293c16565b9.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.b461d1880cb05774a224e3b9b658ba9e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.dd5b97784e7a99eb38328505ad17e433.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.c38aeafb44b3d4f928357dad5194aca7.jpg

• Like 2

Great job! Solution like this will be mandatory with the first gen of HMDs out there.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Hello pilots,

this video shows my second Beta version "Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System" for DCS and Oculus Rift DK2.

This software displays real time flight informations (HUD) directly in your Rift.

Normally it is really hard to see the DCS HUD in Oculus Rift, this is why i'm developing the "JHMCS" for DCS.

Now it is possible to read the most importend values while flying with the rift.

It would also works without a rift.

Features:

- Speed, Alt, Mach, AoA, GLoad, Heading, Waypoint, Waypoint distance, vertical Speed as bar and Mission time.

- if you turn your head out of the buildin hud, you will see pitch an bank lines and the direction of your view (cam heading).

- turn your head down to see the cockpit instruments, the display shuts off to easily read instruments.

What do you guys think about?

Next (todo):

Radar altiude, locked target information, gun ammo, velocity vector.... and more!

Will it also work without Occulus Rift?

Answer: Yes. ;)

[sIGPIC]http://www.masterarms.se/http://www.masterarms.se/forum/index.php[/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se/

• 3 weeks later...
Do tell!

Short story long:

Over a decade ago now (starting to feel old), I was working extensively in the field of holography-based autostereoscopic displays. (An article about my two cohorts can be seen here: http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1138595). I used to do the demos for TV, being more believable as a "computer geek".

Owing to the fact that NATO is seemingly not in the habit of renewing its NDAs, I can state that in ~2002 we created a number of display prototypes for a NATO R&D lab based out of Sweden - both for command & control use on the ground (think 3D table) and standard MFD use in aircraft.

This is where I cut my teeth as a software/hardware developer; my crowning achievement being the building of a solid-state (no moving parts whatsoever), fully head-tracked system for real-time, parallax-updated 3D viewing. Except with our stuff you didn't have to wear a clunky headset or glasses.

In any case, despite OR being a revival of the age-old VR headset idea, I think it's a brilliant thing and that it will change the outlook for stereoscopy in general.

Lucky for me the maths required to port uMFCD to OR (or any other 3D device, for that matter) haven't changed at all, despite the altogether different ideas my hairline exhibits.

---------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR: There's a reason I keep stating elsewhere on these forums that "UltraMFCD is coded as 100% Direct3D". :)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Its dead.

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

• 1 month later...