SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

The error has accelerated, lol. Now sound module quits about 10 minutes into the game and if I try to close and restart it my screen is taken over by "Oops! Something's got wrong at UDP send: Only one usage of each socket address ", etc. I think it has gone into demo mode.

Same error as listed above in sartzsche' post.

Edit: What I say taken over, I mean just that. A thousand or more little "Oops" screns are plastered everywhere.

Further Edit: It does not say that it is in demo mode but I cannot get more than 10 minutes out of it.

Could you please post a screenshot of the "Oops" message?

I just downloaded and installed SSA and the demo version of the SimShaker Sound Module.

When just testing the wav files in the Sound Module, they seem to work fine with my Aurasound bass shakers.

However, when I open DCS, the attached MS Net Framework Exception box pops up. Any idea what I may be doing wrong when trying to use this module with DCS?

Running WIN10 Home edition.

876931595_MSNetFrameworkException.thumb.jpg.606ce9d51b46d18f526177bb0343271e.jpg

I'm getting the following error. The only thing I have done is update windows 10. Going to try an uninstall and reinstall.

Capture.JPG.81bb3ba4011b2e8ef104afa3b91603da.JPG

Tried an uninstall and reinstall of both and even tried a rollback of Windows to no avail

Edited by Donny

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

I just downloaded and installed SSA and the demo version of the SimShaker Sound Module.

When just testing the wav files in the Sound Module, they seem to work fine with my Aurasound bass shakers.

However, when I open DCS, the attached MS Net Framework Exception box pops up. Any idea what I may be doing wrong when trying to use this module with DCS?

Running WIN10 Home edition.

Don't start SimShaker Sound Module manually when you've got it starting automatically by SSA. If you see this message, click on Quit and continue with the first instance of the SimShaker Sound Module already running.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm getting the following error. The only thing I have done is update windows 10. Going to try an uninstall and reinstall.

[ATTACH]245802[/ATTACH]

Tried an uninstall and reinstall of both and even tried a rollback of Windows to no avail

That looks like your Windows system security/permissions settings issue.

I think if you start SimShaker Sound Module with "As Adminstrator" option enabled the access will be granted.

2020-08-26_11-41-44.thumb.png.3f1462b46f6211373b49f76bda418820.png

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks Andre. Unfortunately I’m only getting 4 out of 6 tabs showing and the compatibility tab is one of those missing. I think there is more going on than I am aware of

Edit. I got it working again. Was a combination of Bit Defender and Windows. Now time to reconfigure a remember how to add the Buttkicker to ss4a

Edited by Donny

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

I am still trying verify if the SimShaker Sound Module is compatible with my system when using DCS. So far, I have successfully installed SSA and the demo mode of the SimShaker Sound Module. I am using the software with two 50 watt bass shakers and a separate external sound card connected to a 200 watt power amp. Normal DCS sound files are successfully going through the sound processor on my motherboard and are being fed to my external speakers.

When running SimShaker Sound Module in the Demo Test mode, all vibrations are being felt through my bass shakers, so far so good.

However, when I start DCS, I get no vibrations at all when taxiing down the ramp or runway, nor do I get any stall shudder when airborne. My understanding was that these two effects were operational in the Demo mode.

So, any idea as to why the SimShaker Sound Module seems to work ok when in Test mode, but does not work in DCS?

How do you activate the “Debug View” in SSA, or is it activated from the DCS menu? (Update: Finally found this item)

Update 1: I think I found the problem. Up until about an hour ago, I had not figured out how to access the settings Menu for SSA, i.e., everytime I double-clicked the SSA desktop shortcut icon, I just got a “Hello, . . .” message. I finally did some right-clicking on the icon and got a menu page to open which showed that the software was set up for a Jetseat. So, I changed that to the “bass shaker” option. I’ll try another DCS flight, after I finish up some work, and see if that does the trick.

Update 2: Well, mixed results with the above update changes.

1. With the above changes in-place, I opened DCS and tried taxiing around the ramp at Nellis AFB. Result: no ground bump vibrations at all.

2. Closed DCS and went back and opened SSA and the Simshaker Sound Module (Demo version). Everything still checked out there. So, I just left the Simshaker Sound Module running in the background and opened DCS again. Tried the same mission in taxiing around the ramp at Nellis. This time I could feel the bumps while taxiing.

So, the problem seemed to be that SSA was not starting the SimShaker Sound Module when I start DCS. I thought SSA was supposed to automatically start the Simshaker Sound Module when DCS was started. In my case, this does not seem to be happening. Can anyone think of any settings that I may have missed that is preventing SSA from starting SimShaker when DCS is activated?

Also, when DCS is open, is there any way to verify that SimShaker has been activated, other than flying a mission?

Update 3: Maybe, I have at last found the problem. I had assumed that SSA had a link to DCS that caused SSA to automatically start when DCS was started. That appears to be an incorrect assumption. So, on this 3rd update, I double-clicked the SSA desktop shortcut icon before starting DCS. Then I opened DCS and repeated the taxi operation around Nellis. Now I am feeling the ground bumps again.

So, my conclusion is that you have to manually start SSA before starting DCS in order to get the SimShaker Sound Module activated for use in DCS. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Edited by Bob1943

Can anyone think of any settings that I may have missed that is preventing SSA from starting SimShaker when DCS is activated?

Sorry if I missed it but have you ticked Start Sound Module Automatically in SSA? It should start automatically.

gRB8RHlq.png.b29c5c95e47f2c11eefe48c8f47d985a.png

Yes, that is ticked.

The problem seemed to be that SSA does not start automatically when DCS is started. It appears that SSA needs to be manually started before DCS is started.

Yo have to tick the checkbox from within the app to automatically starts with windows. It just starts the SSA launcher. Then SSA will launch when DCS is started. But yes you need the SSA launcher to be started first.

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Yo have to tick the checkbox from within the app to automatically starts with windows. It just starts the SSA launcher. Then SSA will launch when DCS is started. But yes you need the SSA launcher to be started first.

Yep, that is what I concluded from the trial & error scenarios that I ran. Thanks for confirmation.

Hey Andre, we are noticing over in the SSA thread that there are some effects, at least the Speed brakes, possibly Gear Turbulence and high AOA shudders that are coming through the JetSeat but not the bass transducers. The effects are being trigger to both in SSA's Debug view. IIRC, Sound Module has something similar listing effects as they are played but I forgot to check that side, sorry! I will as soon as I can.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

See my most recent posts in the SSA thread. I think we have identified the issue and are making good progress in getting it resolved. Bottom line: Some bass shakers may not be sensitive enough to pick up the vibes without a stronger wav file. Andre provided a stronger custom wav file for the SpeedBrake and I can now feel it.

• 2 weeks later...

Suddenly, I also got this error message with "Unhandled exception" related to .NET. To my knowledge I haven't fiddled around with anything regarding this. I recently got a windows update though so it wouldn't surprise me if that f*cked up something.

I have reinstalled the program to no avail and also tried to change permissions to admin but turned out the program already had all permissions.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Capture.JPG.4ee78576acfae046e38a9eedbd9d5068.JPG

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I think that antiviral software blocks the access.

Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction so now it works again.

If anyone have similar problems go to Windows Security\App and browser control\Exploit protection settings\program settings and there you add the Simshaker .exe as customized and tick the boxes. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Hi Andre, I notice that on my sound module GUI page, it says “ limited demo version”, see picture:

9b43511c7566186fb68bce78a0e1d6e3.jpg

When Copy the activation string, and apply, it says it failed....

What do I need to do please?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I just got this working, and I have to say it put a big smile on my face :)

I have all the sound levels dialed in so that they feel right with my setup, but I noticed that even with 100 percent on speed brake I don't get any feedback. I have tried flying SU-25, SU-25T, and FA-18 with no success. Anything I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

Found this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4476021&highlight=brake#post4476021

will give it a try :)

I just got this working, and I have to say it put a big smile on my face :)

I have all the sound levels dialed in so that they feel right with my setup, but I noticed that even with 100 percent on speed brake I don't get any feedback. I have tried flying SU-25, SU-25T, and FA-18 with no success. Anything I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

So, i tried the files Andre uploaded and it still doesn't seem to have an effect. I even boosted them in Audacity a bit more and nothing. I am using Aura bass shaker, maybe this frequency cannot be made with them. I suppose I can copy another file and replace it with another frequency...