SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hmm... I'm afraid I'm not aware what is "Vaio mode" and how it's related to SimShaker Sound Module to answer your question.

Oops I ment ASIO mode like in the screenshot..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

In such a case you can try to enable ASIO manually in SimShaker Sound Module config file for 1 channel. Please refer to my how-to picture attached.

When I tested it at my system I have to switch audio connector at the ButtKicker amp to find a proper channel where the audio was playing.

2020-03-10_14-45-08.thumb.png.d1b906085975b62515e16ac974894830.png

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In such a case you can try to enable ASIO manually in SimShaker Sound Module config file for 1 channel. Please refer to my how-to picture attached.

When I tested it at my system I have to switch audio connector at the ButtKicker amp to find a proper channel where the audio was playing.

Well I did what you suggested when looking at the channels it still is clicked at 5.1 either way it just works now so I will leave well enough alone..

thank you Andre'

Nephilim' ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've got a question. I'm trying to figure out and play with different configurations of transducers and simshaker. I currently have VR, a usb soundcard and a 7.1 external soundcard, 2 Aura sound 50W shakers and 8 Dayton 16ohm mini pucks. So far I've been trying the 2 Auras on a left and right channel, and 4 of the minis on a mono channel and 4 minis on the straight DCS audio with the treble EQ'd out with Equalizer APO. I have simshaker set for 5.1 channels.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to tweak and mix the 6 different output channels in some way.. for instance, I'm not a fan of the positive G force vibrations, but I do like the negative G vibes, but I was wondering if there's some way to maybe isolate Positive G's to maybe only 2 minis up by my shoulders for instance. Or maybe just separate the positive G and negative G as to remove the positive G's altogether perhaps. I'm not sure this is even worth doing but I'm curious if it is possible to isolate the different outputs more. Any help is much apprecitated...

Another thing, While on the ground noises such as the flap movements are very pronounced but in the air with the engine rumble I can barely notice them at all... Maybe that's the way it is in real life? I don't know. But it's what got me thinking about this in the first place.

Thanks.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to tweak and mix the 6 different output channels in some way.. for instance, I'm not a fan of the positive G force vibrations, but I do like the negative G vibes, but I was wondering if there's some way to maybe isolate Positive G's to maybe only 2 minis up by my shoulders for instance. Or maybe just separate the positive G and negative G as to remove the positive G's altogether perhaps. I'm not sure this is even worth doing but I'm curious if it is possible to isolate the different outputs more. Any help is much apprecitated...

Thanks.

Hi,

Every channel in the played low frequency .waw samples corresponds to the shaker or a group of the shakers. By editing .waw samples content you can change the resulting effects in accordance with you preferences. Please refer to SimShaker Sound Module User Guide https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/user-guides.html for more details.

Another thing, While on the ground noises such as the flap movements are very pronounced but in the air with the engine rumble I can barely notice them at all... Maybe that's the way it is in real life? I don't know. But it's what got me thinking about this in the first place.

Engine rumble can "eat" a lot of other effects. That's why I usually keep it disabled when I fly. If you want to keep both effects pronounced I suggest you could decrease the strength of the Engine rumble and increase it for the Flaps.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had to do a reinstall, and cant get SSA to see the Sound Module. Sound module is working, but in SSA it will not let me click the shaker button and unclick the seat. It is not showing the types of aircraft, only the general settings. How do I verify its looking for the right dcs file? After reinstall, I did get the key that matched my new string, and it accepted the key. It is not updating the aircraft flown, and does not work for the different effects. Ive been trying to get it functioning for a couple weeks now, Im sure I have a setting wrong somewhere. Any suggestions?

Edited by Shotgun Dexter

I have had to do a reinstall, and cant get SSA to see the Sound Module. Sound module is working, but in SSA it will not let me click the shaker button and unclick the seat. It is not showing the types of aircraft, only the general settings. How do I verify its looking for the right dcs file? After reinstall, I did get the key that matched my new string, and it accepted the key. It is not updating the aircraft flown, and does not work for the different effects. Ive been trying to get it functioning for a couple weeks now, Im sure I have a setting wrong somewhere. Any suggestions?

Please check the logs from SSA. It might also be useful to see your export.lua. Are you using any other 3rd party software?

• 4 weeks later...
hello

when i use simshaker to send rumble audio to my shakers,

i get good effect for guns and bomb release.

my question that i like to ask is if there is anything sound effect associated with rockets release?

Hey, it's the same as for bomb release...

• 1 month later...

Some help setting up please

Hi, OK, I have the following hardware and software:

Buttkicker gamer 2

ROG supreme FX soundcard in my PC

Basic 2.1 speakers for teh PC

Headset and mike for radio comms within DCS and online

SSA for aviators

Andres sound module add on.

voicemeeter banana

I am not convinced I have it all set up working correctly....it is working, IE I get various effects through my chair via the buttkicker, but before I brought the sound module add on, I was getting the same, if not better effects anyway? Which is what is leading me to think perhaps its not set up correctly.

Starting form scratch, can someone advise how it should all be connected etc - reading this thread, I gather that the buttkicker and sound module should be connected separately to the speakers, is that correct, IE a dedicated channel for the effects. Currently I have my buttkicker connected to the same port in the soundcard my speakers were and teh speakers also to the same port, via a Y splitter that came with the buttkicker

I have tried selecting another outlet in the drop down, but dont get any effects.

The available sources for audio in my dropdown window are:

Speakers ( realtek hi def audio)

Realtek HD audio 2nd output ( I have minijacks for headphoines and mike on the top of my PC)

Voicemeeter input ( I installed voicemeeter banana)

PHL 436m ( this is my monitor, which also has speakers)

PLT2236 intel display audio

Voicemeeter aux inpput

Its all somewhat confusing.....

Any help gratefully accepted!

Also, are the individual effects able to be turned up or down in the software? I can see this is possible from SSA, but presume this is not being used now I have Andres sound module installed? in the test screen, I can alter the volume, but this seems to be master volume setting, for all effects, not individual ones

Finally, on Andres blog, his screenshot shows the software titled "simshaker for DCS world sound module".... mines just called "simshaker sound module"..is this correct? as his screenshot shows options on the GUI that I dont have on mine

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Andre, OK, I can remove banana ( I have not used it yet or tried to set it up with the other hardware / software though)

I see you offer a pay service for in depth technical set up help. I would be very happy to pay for this and have you help me set it up via team viewer or similar, if that's easier......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I was curious if anyone has run into a recent problems with getting extra feedback on butt-kicker(extra vibrating) and in headset(clipping noise).

*Update*

I have narrowed it down to some of the settings in Sim shaker for Aviators.

-G-feeling is creating a loud buzzing in headset and excessive feedback to butt-kicker.

-Flaps is creating multiple flap adjustment sounds at random.

-Engine rumble is making a popping noise in USB headset but not bad enough to worry.

When I turn these settings off everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

Edited by Reaper_KS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Hello all, I was curious if anyone has run into a recent problems with getting extra feedback on butt-kicker(extra vibrating) and in headset(clipping noise).

*Update*

I have narrowed it down to some of the settings in Sim shaker for Aviators.

-G-feeling is creating a loud buzzing in headset and excessive feedback to butt-kicker.

-Flaps is creating multiple flap adjustment sounds at random.

-Engine rumble is making a popping noise in USB headset but not bad enough to worry.

When I turn these settings off everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

Are you using the same sound card output for effects and your headphone? Are you using any kind of software mixing like voicemeeter?

Good morning f4l0,

I am using the same sound card for output and usb headphones.

For default playback I am using my realtek high definition audio and headset as default communication device.

For Input I have stereo mix(listen to) as default sending sound to my headset and the headset microphone as default communication device.

I am not using voicemeter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Good morning f4l0,

I am using the same sound card for output and usb headphones.

For default playback I am using my realtek high definition audio and headset as default communication device.

For Input I have stereo mix(listen to) as default sending sound to my headset and the headset microphone as default communication device.

I am not using voicemeter.

Which audio device is selected in the sound module settings?

Sorry for the delayed response. I have the (Speakers) Realtek High definition audio selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's not correct. You need 2 different sound outputs.

1 - selected in SimShaker Sound Module settings to feed the bass-shaker;

2 - selected in Windows settings as the default sound output device to listen for the game sounds.

2020-06-30_13-46-41.thumb.png.63a749e64013753cf23911fb82b9887f.png

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there. I’ve just set up my but kicker and bought the sound module. @andre thank you for the quick turn around on the key, (in borat voice) I am very excite!

I thought I would just ask a quick question, I have not read all the pages of this forum, I have read many but not all, if it has been answered please link me to it,

Does anyone have a good f14 setup for the simshaker sound module? I really have no idea where to start

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in setting up a bass shaker system to run with the SimShaker software. I would like to get some opinions on the hardware that other people are using.

At the present, I am thinking about buying the "Aurasound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker" (50 watts) which has a 20 to 80 Hz frequency range. Will that frequency range be suitable for use with the SimShaker software, i.e., is there any need to go below 20 Hz, or above 80 Hz? The "ButtKicker" transducers are too expensive for my budget.

The other 2 questions are:

1. What models of power amps are you guys using?

2. Also, what model of external USB sound cards are you connecting to the power amp? I am assuming that the inexpensive ones that cost around $10 will suffice?

Hi Andre. Thanks for the support that you provide via this forum.

I have tried setting up the simshaker sound module to test it, but I'm not having much luck. The test effects are barely noticeable.

I'm running 2 Aurasound bass shakers. I know that the transducers work because I get great effects with the Simshaker Wings software in IL2. I also get good effects using Simhub in racing sims.

However when I use the Test tab of the simshaker sound module with the volume set at 100% I can barely feel any vibration. It's the same with the Simshaker for Aviators test function on the service page of that software.

I've tested my shakers with the Bass Test

page and anything between 20Hz and 40 Hz gives me a good result.

I've copied the test.wav file of your software and was going to try to change the pitch to 25Hz however when I played the file via this page https://onlinetonegenerator.com/pitch-shifter.html I get a good strong vibration.

I've also tried uninstalling both pieces of software and reinstalling them but that didn't change the result.

So I'm not sure what is going on with my setup. Any ideas for me to try would?

Thanks.

Hi Andre. Thanks for the support that you provide via this forum.

I have tried setting up the simshaker sound module to test it, but I'm not having much luck. The test effects are barely noticeable.

I'm running 2 Aurasound bass shakers. I know that the transducers work because I get great effects with the Simshaker Wings software in IL2. I also get good effects using Simhub in racing sims.

However when I use the Test tab of the simshaker sound module with the volume set at 100% I can barely feel any vibration. It's the same with the Simshaker for Aviators test function on the service page of that software.

I've tested my shakers with the Bass Test

page and anything between 20Hz and 40 Hz gives me a good result.

I've copied the test.wav file of your software and was going to try to change the pitch to 25Hz however when I played the file via this page https://onlinetonegenerator.com/pitch-shifter.html I get a good strong vibration.

I've also tried uninstalling both pieces of software and reinstalling them but that didn't change the result.

So I'm not sure what is going on with my setup. Any ideas for me to try would?

Thanks.

Hi. I have an iBeam shaker and had the same issue. I had to use Audacity to modify the pitch of all sound files before I could get acceptable effects. The dynamic character of you shaker and amp make a huge difference and each setup will be different. For me a 20% increase in pitch did it. Lots of work but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5