SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hey Andre!

Is the gain level for both "ground jolts and buffets" and the vibrations from belly landing adjusted in the same "channel" (#4) in simshaker? I had a very good setting for taking of and feeling the runway, but then when belly landing the levels were way to high. It shook my buttkicker VERY much. While that may be immersive, I'm concerned it may also damage the buttkicker.

Is it possible to set the gain level for belly landing separately in a future update, so I can dial it down a bit?

Hey Andre!

Is the gain level for both "ground jolts and buffets" and the vibrations from belly landing adjusted in the same "channel" (#4) in simshaker? I had a very good setting for taking of and feeling the runway, but then when belly landing the levels were way to high. It shook my buttkicker VERY much. While that may be immersive, I'm concerned it may also damage the buttkicker.

Is it possible to set the gain level for belly landing separately in a future update, so I can dial it down a bit?

Hey Emil!

Yes, I intended to do that really immersive. It can only be adjusted in the same "channel" (#4).

I'm not planning to add separate control for belly landing.

May be I shoud rather increase amplitude for runway bumps, so you can turn down the overall gain?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've noticed a few problems with your software and my avast antivirus software...

Ok, got it to work :-)

Is there a list with the already implemented sounds? What frequencies did you use? It seems to me, that there are a lot higher frequencies...

I'll do a few test with my system to check which low frequencies can be played...

Edited by f4l0

yeah, the newest version kinda sucks...

However, I played around with some sinus waves and found for my shaker wavelenghts between 25-38 Hz as good. Between 38-50 Hz my shaker starts to create some noise. This could come from the 'open' version of this shaker. I'm using this one: http://www.amazon.de/Sintron-Lautsprecher-Bodyshaker-100-Watt/dp/B002LQAHPE

However, I played around with some sinus waves and found for my shaker wavelenghts between 25-38 Hz as good. Between 38-50 Hz my shaker starts to create some noise. This could come from the 'open' version of this shaker. I'm using this one: http://www.amazon.de/Sintron-Lautsprecher-Bodyshaker-100-Watt/dp/B002LQAHPE

You can easy customize all my .waw files by cheking 'Use My Own .WAV Files' option and creating a new folder for .wav files. Then you can edit or redesign files in the folder in Audacity free editor, for instance.

At SimShaker's GUI for almost every effect checkboxes have tooltips to show you a file name corresponding to the given effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool, I'm using reaper for sound editing. I'll definitely check this out ;)

I just tried the 109 and here I did notice a vibration for firing the guns...

Edit:

Ok 109 has currently no gun sound...

For the KA50 you could also add gear up sounds

Mig 15 would be nice too ;)

Keep up the good work!

Edited by f4l0

I don't understand here. I've implemented both up and down landing gear bumps. You don't feel gear up bumps?

Sorry for that, didn't see them at a first glance ...

A10C is working really good! Only stall didn't work. I've to recheck this later. Now I'll take a look at the sound files to shift the 'basefrequency'

Edited by f4l0

I'm about to implement stall.

:thumbup:

I'm currently playing around with different sound files. According to the spectral analysis, you are using a base frequency and then use harmonics for the other files. At least this seems to be valid for the h files.

As a feature you could play the correct file when selecting/deselecting a effect in the control gui. Currently your using the click.wav file.

Edit: And in the fare future add support for x-plane :-D

Edited by f4l0

As a feature you could play the correct file when selecting/deselecting a effect in the control gui. Currently your using the click.wav file.

What's that for?

Edit: And in the fare future add support for x-plane :-D

Why not. If it's be requested by the Community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's that for?

When I unselect a effect in the gui, the bass shaker vibrates (I guess with the click.wav) sound. It would be nice to vibrate with the sound if the effect.

X-Plane should be easier to implement. Telemetry data can be extracted quite easily...

I created version with 0.75, 0.60 and 0.5 of your wave length which work quite good for my shaker. If it is ok for you, I can upload them...

Edited by f4l0

When I unselect a effect in the gui, the bass shaker vibrates (I guess with the click.wav) sound. It would be nice to vibrate with the sound if the effect.

:huh: I'm not sure I want to implement that.

X-Plane should be easier to implement. Telemetry data can be extracted quite easily...
Great news :)

I created version with 0.75, 0.60 and 0.5 of your wave length which work quite good for my shaker. If it is ok for you, I can upload them..

Yes, it's OK. Please share it with other users.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

Great work, as always.

I get the helicopter vortex ring state vibration, but that's it for the choppers. No rotor vibrations at all or ground bumps.

Have you implemented engine vibration for the planes yet? I ask only as I don't get any but not sure if that's something to worry about or it's because I shouldn't be expecting to yet?

Also, I paid extra attention whilst driving my car this week and I most definitely get vibrations at all times between the joins of the road :D

Many thanks as always,

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hi Andre,

Great work, as always.

Thanks a lot for your support, Smirks!

I get the helicopter vortex ring state vibration, but that's it for the choppers. No rotor vibrations at all or ground bumps.

Hm... It's implemented and works well at my side. Please recheck that you have it turned on at Helicopters tab page or try to turn up Gain Level at Helicopters tab page.

Looking forward for your further feedback.

Have you implemented engine vibration for the planes yet? I ask only as I don't get any but not sure if that's something to worry about or it's because I shouldn't be expecting to yet?
WIP. Hope you'll get it tomorrow, on Sunday.

Also, I paid extra attention whilst driving my car this week and I most definitely get vibrations at all times between the joins of the road :D

OK :)

Don't worry, I'm going to add it a bit later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]