SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Cheers guys, here's hoping it's released earlyish in the day so I can sort everything out in time for my normal 20:00 wheels up time. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Woohoo, after a 10hr slog DCS2 and NTTR is finally installed. The best news is Simshaker recognised Alpha, and started all components automatically and is working fine straight away in DCS2 :)

Game on.

Great job guys

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I searched the thread for A10C speedbrakes, and read that no data had been found for it, way back then.. I suppose there is nothing new, in that regard?

Anyway , fantastic addon, worth every penny! It really adds a lot, being able to feel an approaching VRS or stall, or the satisfying thud and rumble when touching down :)

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

I searched the thread for A10C speedbrakes, and read that no data had been found for it, way back then.. I suppose there is nothing new, in that regard?

Hi Dachs, the data has been found recently, many tnanks to Olaf (f4l0) and Jan ([FSF]Ian). Preparing to deliver that feature to pilots.

Anyway , fantastic addon, worth every penny! It really adds a lot, being able to feel an approaching VRS or stall, or the satisfying thud and rumble when touching down :)

Thanks fo so positive feedback :)

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a heads up my simshaker for dcs world and falcon was updated but now when i open simshaker sound module it says this

Alfa stage of project has ended please use simshaker for dcs world integrated sound module>

So i can not select my correct sound output now or am i missing something with the update?

Disregard got it working again by going to the actual install folder under apps and found one that worked...

Hi Bigjeepjk12,

you just using a wrong version of Sound Module. It's not supported and should be removed from your PC. Actual version of Sound Module is integrated into SimShaker distributive package.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre,

I'm attaching my error file that I got when I tried to reinstall SimShaker after reinstalling my network adapter and then going ahead with uninstalling and reinstalling the SimShaker program. When I tried to reinstall it woudn't let me and gave me the attached error log.

Thanks!

Edit: I PM'd you...after a few tries it did successfully reinstall and is now working properly. Thanks!

T85NICY2.zip

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Buttkicker gamer 2

I have one question for Buttkicker Gamer 2 owners here. My amp is going to sleep after no signal is detected which is 20 minutes and it is normal according to the manual. The led is than changing from green to amber.

The problem I'm having is that, it doesn't switch back on automatically after I initiate action and expect vibration. I wish to know if this issue is limited to my unit or anybody else is having similar experience. I need to manually switch the unit back on which annoys me much.

Now. I’m using this mod (excellent by the way- well done Andre) and have all settings on standard, only thing I did was to change audio source. I’m happy with the vibrations, very subtle not too disturbing but can feel all effects nicely. I’m flying a lot on A10C and during long autopilot runs my amp will just switch off and no amount of GAU-8 will wake it up.

Anyone is having this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Hi wasyl00,

the same here. Some times it's a pain to wake it up.

Andre what about adding small little signal every 10 mins to keep the amp awake? Small enough to not really be felt by the user but only by the amp?

I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to add "keep awake" checkbox somewhere in options. This would really really help all buttkicker users.

What do you think ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Andre what about adding small little signal every 10 mins to keep the amp awake? Small enough to not really be felt by the user but only by the amp?

I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to add "keep awake" checkbox somewhere in options. This would really really help all buttkicker users.

What do you think ?

I think I will add it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some troubles with latest beta-simshaker

Hi,

Happy to see some new effects for the F-86 and especially guns/rockets for the UH-1H. However, the F-86 effects don´t seem to work for me and the rotor effects for the heli´s don´t work well anymore. I´m also getting an error message when it starts up, see screenshot so maybe that has something to do with it? I´m getting this error message for all 3 versions of DCS currently installed and I checked and the lau file it needs is just there.

thanks

459502437_Errormessagesimshaker.jpg.31ad135f181c9b7d33dc97c0e61465c7.jpg

Hi geert,

thanks for you feedback.

It seems SimShaker can't get access to a file for some reason. I do not have such a problem at my end.

Tell me please what's your operating system?

What if you try start SimShaker manually when DCS is not running?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can image, that SimShaker has no access rights on drive C, thus SimShaker can not modify the file.

1. You could try to run SimShaker with super user (administrator) rights

or

2. Change the file manually

I need more details, the effect was modified a little bit, but seems to work fine at my end.

I always used the reworked samples that someone else provided some months ago (I believe it was Kuky or smthing). These sample gave a nice strong and regular feeling with the engine running and just flying around. When I use the non-beta version, this still works fine. Now, with the new beta version even when I use these samples (from Kuky) the feeling is completely gone. It just feels very irregular (on-off sounds, sometimes I feel "something" just a tiny kick, then nothing, just very soft and, well, it just feels completely wrong). Strange thing is that the sounds of the mini gun on the UH-1H feels very good, so it's not like it's completely broken. When I start the engine of the UH-1H, it feels good (good sounds somewhat in sync. with the increasing rotor rmp), but when I increase to full speed rpm, that's when it becomes bad. Hope this is clear enough, otherwise just ask.

I always used the reworked samples that someone else provided some months ago (I believe it was Kuky or smthing). These sample gave a nice strong and regular feeling with the engine running and just flying around. When I use the non-beta version, this still works fine. Now, with the new beta version even when I use these samples (from Kuky) the feeling is completely gone. It just feels very irregular (on-off sounds, sometimes I feel "something" just a tiny kick, then nothing, just very soft and, well, it just feels completely wrong). Strange thing is that the sounds of the mini gun on the UH-1H feels very good, so it's not like it's completely broken. When I start the engine of the UH-1H, it feels good (good sounds somewhat in sync. with the increasing rotor rmp), but when I increase to full speed rpm, that's when it becomes bad. Hope this is clear enough, otherwise just ask.

I think Olaf (f4l0) provided that alternative set of samples.

So, we have only #2 - Enhanced Main Rotor Whirl (RPM > 42%) effect broken at your rig, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Olaf (f4l0) provided that alternative set of samples.

So, we have only #2 - Enhanced Main Rotor Whirl (RPM > 42%) effect broken at your rig, right?

Oh, sorry about that, thanks for those samples Olaf :) I have been using them all the time!

Not a single Sabre effect is working now, and I believe lots of other effects don't work too, but of course I haven't tried them all.The "Enhanced Main Rotor Whirl (RPM > 42%)" effect is particularly important to me, so I was concentrating on that one.

Could it be that it has to do with that error I got? (about that kneeboard lau file). Also, how can I manually overwrite that file? I don't even know where the simshaker files are located!

Thanks.

Oh, sorry about that, thanks for those samples Olaf :) I have been using them all the time!

Not a single Sabre effect is working now, and I believe lots of other effects don't work too, but of course I haven't tried them all.The "Enhanced Main Rotor Whirl (RPM > 42%)" effect is particularly important to me, so I was concentrating on that one.

Could it be that it has to do with that error I got? (about that kneeboard lau file). Also, how can I manually overwrite that file? I don't even know where the simshaker files are located!

Thanks.

I've published an update for beta version, please give me feedback regarding "access denied" issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've published an update for beta version, please give me feedback regarding "access denied" issue.

The kneeboard lua update error ("access denied") is gone now.

No difference with regards to those other errors however. Do I need to do a reboot by the way? Didn´t do that after this update. Also, I only tested on DCS 2.0.

OK, thank you geert. That's great.

System reboot isn't needed actually, just restart SimShaker.

Tell me please, does #4 - Ground Bumps effect work with Sabre or not?

Can't test right now, but I'm pretty sure not a single effect works right now for the Sabre. In the non-beta version of Simshaker everything seems to work (effects that are implemented of course). I also looked at the sound module window when the UH-1H was standing on ground with full rotor rpm and it continuously showed some error about that some effect was already playing. Don't know exactly and the text was flashing around fast, but something like that was going on. Some kind of conflict?

I also looked at the sound module window when the UH-1H was standing on ground with full rotor rpm and it continuously showed some error about that some effect was already playing. Don't know exactly and the text was flashing around fast, but something like that was going on. Some kind of conflict?

Not actually a conflict. But it explains a lot and helps to fix the issue. Thank you.

You can stop flashing by pausing DCS.

Now I'd like to get more details regarding Sabre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]