SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hi there, Sorry to bother you Andre. Just wondering if anyone else has a constant wining noise when using this latest version, mainly with A10.

I know the motors make noise but my seat has never made this before, its like the motors are stuck, and they make a humming type sound that goes up and down in pitch at a constant pace, I can feel all the motors vibrating if I put my hand on them, but its not noticeable when I'm sat on them.

all the normal rattles and bumps work fine, its just this constant noise, never heard it before.

Sorry I know its hard to explain.

Just wondering if others have the same, or if theres a problem with my install or seat?

Cowboy10uk

Hi Dave,

do you have that strange noise when SimShaker is not started up?

Do you have that noise when SimShaker is started up but DCS mission is not running?

Please answer at Gametrix-related thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&goto=newpost

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please try stall shudder attached sample. May be you will find it more suitable for your rig.

Hi Andrey, sorry for the delay - I tested the stall module and it does feel more like what I'd expect, but then again, I'm not a "real" pilot. It seemed to me that a stall shudder should feel more like a bucking or buffetting sensation than a vibration. Maybe some of our real pilots could comment further on this?

Also, I don't know what was going on when I tested the ground roll effect the first time when I mentioned it didn't seem to match the rolling speed. Since I got SimShaker working through the remote laptop, the ground roll effect seems spot on, scaling properly with speed, even when rolling very slowly.

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Hi Andrey, sorry for the delay - I tested the stall module and it does feel more like what I'd expect, but then again, I'm not a "real" pilot. It seemed to me that a stall shudder should feel more like a bucking or buffetting sensation than a vibration. Maybe some of our real pilots could comment further on this?

Also, I don't know what was going on when I tested the ground roll effect the first time when I mentioned it didn't seem to match the rolling speed. Since I got SimShaker working through the remote laptop, the ground roll effect seems spot on, scaling properly with speed, even when rolling very slowly.

Hi Neil,

thanks for the feedback.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre,

I was hoping you may be able to assist me. I've just ordered a buttkicker and in preparation attempted to install Simshaker; however, whenever simshaker tries to run I get a "clickonce has stopped responding error". The error itself seems to have no obvious solution as far as I can tell, so I figured I'd ask.

It must be noted that I don't actually have the buttkicker as of yet (I just like to be ready) and I have the 4.5 runtime+ installed.

Thanks for your hard work, by the way :)

edit: I have no anti-virus installed as well for what its worth.

Edited by Forrest Gimp

Andre,

I was hoping you may be able to assist me. I've just ordered a buttkicker and in preparation attempted to install Simshaker; however, whenever simshaker tries to run I get a "clickonce has stopped responding error". The error itself seems to have no obvious solution as far as I can tell, so I figured I'd ask.

It must be noted that I don't actually have the buttkicker as of yet (I just like to be ready) and I have the 4.5 runtime+ installed.

Thanks for your hard work, by the way :)

edit: I have no anti-virus installed as well for what its worth.

I've nerver encountered such an issue. It seems to be .Net Framework problem. May be you should try to refresh .Net Framework installed first of all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm,

Do you think you could advise me on where to find the installed files for simshaker? I've managed to install and run it fine on my laptop, so I was thinking of perhaps copying it over and seeing if that helps. I doubt it will, considering it looks like a .net framework error, but this is all I can think of as this seems to be a very rare error.

Hmm,

Do you think you could advise me on where to find the installed files for simshaker? I've managed to install and run it fine on my laptop, so I was thinking of perhaps copying it over and seeing if that helps. I doubt it will, considering it looks like a .net framework error, but this is all I can think of as this seems to be a very rare error.

I think it may help as a temporary workaround. ClickOnce is just a deploying part of .Net.

You can find SimShaker files somewere in %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\

Try to find ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.exe

The folder should look like this https://yadi.sk/i/ukgg777yjP3jF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news. When I run the .exe directly from the install directory simshaker works fine, So i've made a new shortcut and copied that over to the desktop and now all is good.

Thanks again for your help :)

You are welcome :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have changed the way my seat is "fixed" to the MDF base of my "pit" to give the seat more shake (before it was screwed in meaning the vibrations were bit less intense as base sits on the floor and can't shake that much... but with these springs installed its another story :pilotfly:

20151005_162525.thumb.jpg.ce1a6329912bcf3db86b9723b3a35881.jpg

20151005_162301.thumb.jpg.b959d2af804b2b0087685820f70b3276.jpg

20151005_162322.thumb.jpg.05980071f4c097e39f03a5dc53685740.jpg

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky,

nice Setup. I attached my basspump iii to my office chair and enhanced the power by adding 0.5kg of extra weight. In combination with my voicemeeter setup, this is really cool!

I have changed the way my seat is "fixed" to the MDF base of my "pit" to give the seat more shake (before it was screwed in meaning the vibrations were bit less intense as base sits on the floor and can't shake that much... but with these springs installed its another story :pilotfly:

Cool stuff :thumbup:

Thanks you for sharing that, Kuky.

Your BK Amp looks interesting, especially volume control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kuky,

nice Setup. I attached my basspump iii to my office chair and enhanced the power by adding 0.5kg of extra weight. In combination with my voicemeeter setup, this is really cool!

Hi Olaf,

I've started to use Voice Meeter Banana with RoF and BK, thank you for sharing that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Olaf,

I've started to use Voice Meeter Banana with RoF and BK, thank you for sharing that :thumbup:

The new OpenBeta 1.5 provides more low end sounds thus the combination of SimShaker and ingame sound is really nice ;-).

The new OpenBeta 1.5 provides more low end sounds thus the combination of SimShaker and ingame sound is really nice ;-).

Yes, DCS low frequency sounds are pretty good.

Can't say the same about RoF :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey bud..im getting this error with dcs 1.5

MyVibroEffect.Load: Could not find file :ibaVibroEffects\p3_6_1_1.uwv

Hi Chris,

that's not dcs 1.5 related.

For some reason Mustang guns fire effect file is missing at your PC.

I would recommend to check file system and reinstall SimShaker to fix the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andrey,

I do not have the guns effect in the P-51 in 1.5 Beta. Everything works fine in the 1.2.6 install but not in the 1.5. I've checked the files for weapon sounds/effects in both installs and they appear to be the same. I also notice that even though I am firing the guns I get no sound, tracers, or any other effects. Is that something we have to expect what with 1.5 being Beta?

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nescafé, do you have have both motorsport (3in1)and sim shaker for DCS World installed? I had this exact error message. Only way around this that I found was to exit the 3in1 in the task bar as they both run on boot up. Then it seems to work (for me at least). Hope that helps. Les

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |