SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

I downloaded the demo to test it. Somehow it worked. Then I plugged in a small soundcard USB. From then on, everytime I start the demo, a small windows appears: Could not find sound card by its stored ID.

Even uninstalling, downloading the demo again.. and no joy. Any help?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Any news or someone with the same issue?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded the demo to test it. Somehow it worked. Then I plugged in a small soundcard USB. From then on, everytime I start the demo, a small windows appears: Could not find sound card by its stored ID.

Even uninstalling, downloading the demo again.. and no joy. Any help?

That's fixed in SimShaker Sound Module beta version 2.24. You can get it at simshaker.com website.

Thank you for the feedback. Couldn't see your message earlier due to some forum notifications issues.

• Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's fixed in SimShaker Sound Module beta version 2.24. You can get it at simshaker.com website.

Thank you for the feedback. Couldn't see your message earlier due to some forum notifications issues.

Much appreciated sir!!

I'd like to be able to run my JetSeat in sound mode for casual games without using headphones.

My game audio goes to an AVR (through HDMI), and right now it seems in order to be able to use the JetSeat in sound mode, I have to plug the JetSeat into the AVR's headphone out, and plug headphones into the female port on the JetSeat.

Is it possible to plug the JetSeat into the LFE out on the AVR using an RCA/3.5mm adapter, or is there another way to get audio through the speakers and still have the JetSeat receive the audio signal?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PSYKOnz,

when you enable the limiting compressor by a checkbox there will appear a slider. The more you slide it to the right, the more limiting will be applied to the strong signals.

You can try it while playing long test sample.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m combining this with a ForceFeel pad, what effects do you find best for the big shakers under the seat rather than the smaller 8 vibrators from the seat pad? I was considering: gun and weapon released, chaff, ground roll, landing gear, stall, touchdown

55 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I usually send G- felling effect to my BK and the others - to JetPad. I think I like that most of all.

is your BK a single unit or stereo?

• 1 month later...

The last few times that I have loaded SSSM (beta) & SSA with DCS, I have noticed the attached "Form Load" note appearing.  No idea what this means.

I run SSSM through a second USB sound card, which is selected in the Settings box in SSSM.  My external speakers run from the onboard sound module on my motherboard.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this "Form Load" message keeps popping up?  The SSSM software seems to be running my bass shakers ok, plus my external speakers run fine.

SSSM Form Load Note.jpg

Edited by Bob1943

So I guess it was referring to the sound module on my motherboard that runs my speakers.  What confused me was that I have always run 2 sound modules, one for speakers and one for SSSM, and I have never seen that message pop up before.

Whatever was triggering the message has apparently been resolved since I did not see it yesterday when I started up DCS with SSSM & SSA.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Sorry for my mis-interpretation of what was happening, took a couple days for this to sink in.  The Note was telling me that I had inadvertently opened 2 instances of SSSM, not that I had 2 sound cards running for my speakers and bass shakers..  Had not considered that a second instance of SSSM was apparently running, since I have SSA open SSSM automatically.

Edited by Bob1943

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the new experience Andre and f4l0 - just got my SimShaker Sound Module.

Just a hint to whoever's using FC3 based mods - they work with the default profile (do not support customization, AFAIU they're not defined in SimShaker internal classes).

In the C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker.lua (L425) adjust the FC3 objects list:

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A" or obj.Name == "A-4E-C" or obj.Name == "J-11A" or obj.Name == "An-30M" or obj.Name == "B-1B" or obj.Name == "B-17G" or obj.Name == "B-52H" or obj.Name == "C-17A" or obj.Name == "C-130" or obj.Name == "E-2C" or obj.Name == "E-3A" or obj.Name == "F-4E" or obj.Name == "F-14A" or obj.Name == "F-15E" or obj.Name == "F-16A" or obj.Name == "F-16A MLU" or obj.Name == "F-16C bl.50" or obj.Name == "F-16C bl.52d" or obj.Name == "F-117A" or obj.Name == "FA-18A" or obj.Name == "IL-76MD" or obj.Name == "IL-78M" or obj.Name == "KC130" or obj.Name == "KC-135" or obj.Name == "KC135MPRS" or obj.Name == "MiG-23MLD" or obj.Name == "MiG-23UB" or obj.Name == "MiG-25PD" or obj.Name == "MiG-25RBT" or obj.Name == "MiG-27K" or obj.Name == "MiG-31" or obj.Name == "MQ-1A Predator" or obj.Name == "MQ-9 Reaper" or obj.Name == "S-3B" or obj.Name == "S-3B Tanker" or obj.Name == "Su-17M4" or obj.Name == "Su-24M" or obj.Name == "Su-24MR" or obj.Name == "Su-25TM" or obj.Name == "Su-30" or obj.Name == "Su-34" or obj.Name == "Su-35" or obj.Name == "Tornado GR4" or obj.Name == "Tornado IDS" or obj.Name == "Tu-22M3" or obj.Name == "Tu-95MS" or obj.Name == "Tu-142" or obj.Name == "Tu-160" or obj.Name == "VSN_F35" or obj.Name == "Yak-40" or obj.Name == "A-50" or obj.Name == "An-26B" then

and set the file to read-only as SSforA tries to overwrite it with ExportAutoTune. You may have to spawn in a default FC3 plane before jumping in a modded plane.

I see why auto-registering a plane would not be a good idea in some cases, but "manual" adding of planes would be a nice feature.

Edited by necr
updated instructions
  • Like 1

Hello all

So none of the version beyond SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.20 seem to work for me the application will not open so I have to roll back to 2.20. Any ideas?

Also I get this error on 2.20 hence why i want to upgrade.

image.png

Edited by fUnk3mUnk3

15 hours ago, fUnk3mUnk3 said:

Hello all

So none of the version beyond SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.20 seem to work for me the application will not open so I have to roll back to 2.20. Any ideas?

Also I get this error on 2.20 hence why i want to upgrade.

image.png

Sounds confusing. Could you please explain the issue in other words?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m experiencing problems when updating to 2.26. There is an error message when I install it.

The Sim Shaker sound module seems to be working. I can run the test and get my bass shakers to vibrate. But I also seem to have a problem with SSA so I have posted in that thread about that problem too.

80543624-3C5A-49EC-81CF-22880C608F2A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

I’m experiencing problems when updating to 2.26. There is an error message when I install it.

The Sim Shaker sound module seems to be working. I can run the test and get my bass shakers to vibrate. But I also seem to have a problem with SSA so I have posted in that thread about that problem too.

80543624-3C5A-49EC-81CF-22880C608F2A.jpeg

Please pay attention, that it's not an error but information message. No need to be worried.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, =Andre= said:

that it's not an error but information message

Ok.

The installation wouldn’t finish and it took me a while to find that information message hiding under the installation progress window. Once I saw that info message and clicked OK, the installation finished.

Since I also have some sort of problem with the SSA, and that problem seems to have started after I installed the latest Sound Module, I thought maybe this was an error.

16 hours ago, fUnk3mUnk3 said:

SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.26 will not run I click on the shortcut and nothing happens. 

There may be some error messages in the Windows Event Log. You can try to search them with the Windows Event Viewer or with the SimShaker Diagnostic Tool.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]