SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hi Andrey:

I am getting a Warning on DCS startup:

"Warning SimShaker couldn't find a file at c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\DCS World. Some effects may not work etc. blah"

I am not using DCS via Steam and this is not the path were SimShaker should look for the DCS installation.

Any idea how to fix this? Maybe some code change, or some obsolete registry key to be deleted on my end.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Any idea how to fix this? Maybe some code change, or some obsolete registry key to be deleted on my end.

Yes, if you know how to edit your registry, please check (and change if necessary) the DCS keys in your registry if all paths are valid...

Hi guys, I find I have to manually load SimShaker each time I start DCS despite having checked the launch at DCS start button. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi Andrey:

I am getting a Warning on DCS startup:

"Warning SimShaker couldn't find a file at c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\DCS World. Some effects may not work etc. blah"

I am not using DCS via Steam and this is not the path were SimShaker should look for the DCS installation.

Hi Manuel,

please check in regedit that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\223750", "Installed" is not equal to "1"

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, I find I have to manually load SimShaker each time I start DCS despite having checked the launch at DCS start button. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Thanks Jason

Hi Jason,

hm ... it seems we don't have " launch at DCS start button"...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre

When play dcs simshaker error

"oops... Something is wrong with simshaker input data.

Usereceivedsimdatametod exception......."

Why?

Hi Mohammad12000,

something is wrong with input data. Can you please give me screeenshots of the error message and SimShaker main form window?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah...my bad. That check box is only to start the DCS sound module! Duh

Thanks Andre

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Ah...my bad. That check box is only to start the DCS sound module! Duh

Thanks Andre

SimShaker should start its Main form and appropriate modules automatically when you start DCS. Just start SimShaker by shortcut and don't touch it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No special recommendations. Try any card you've got. In demo mode you have a couple of effects working to try your hardware out.

thanks for reply.

may i ask, if a sound card is necessary if i am going to use a amp/bass shaker along with jetseat?

i see good and bad comments for using the windows sound control panel..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

thanks for reply.

may i ask, if a sound card is necessary if i am going to use a amp/bass shaker along with jetseat?

i see good and bad comments for using the windows sound control panel..

I think there is a confusion between Simshaker Software with Bassshaker and Jetseat.

To use Jetseat (a converted massage seat) you attach it to a USB port. Then it is controlling the vibromotors.

If you want to use the bassshaker you need a second audio channel, which needs to independent from the sim sound. Usually a second sound card (recommended), a multi-out audio board with seperately configueable Audio outs, USB external sound card (not recommended, often has ground loop noise and other issues).

This output is attached to an Amplifier (in case of bassshaker the included Amp) which powers the bass transducers that need to be firmly attached to your seat.

I use a setup with a professional (studio) external USB soundcard, a cheap 12V Amplifier for use in Car Hifi, with a 12V power supply which drives a stereo set of two basspump III transducers, though actually I would consider one enough, if I were to recommend to someone. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi andre

this image

[ATTACH]140273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]140274[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]140275[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]140276[/ATTACH]

Hi Mohammad12000,

the input is wrong.

Tell me please at which version of DCS you have the error?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think there is a confusion between Simshaker Software with Bassshaker and Jetseat.

To use Jetseat (a converted massage seat) you attach it to a USB port. Then it is controlling the vibromotors.

If you want to use the bassshaker you need a second audio channel, which needs to independent from the sim sound. Usually a second sound card (recommended), a multi-out audio board with seperately configueable Audio outs, USB external sound card (not recommended, often has ground loop noise and other issues).

This output is attached to an Amplifier (in case of bassshaker the included Amp) which powers the bass transducers that need to be firmly attached to your seat.

I use a setup with a professional (studio) external USB soundcard, a cheap 12V Amplifier for use in Car Hifi, with a 12V power supply which drives a stereo set of two basspump III transducers, though actually I would consider one enough, if I were to recommend to someone. ;)

FWIW, my motherboard has a separate optical output, use a simple convertor to hook it to the transducer amp and it works without a separate soundcard. Just another option people can look into.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

hi andre thank you for help me

[ATTACH]140285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]140286[/ATTACH]

There is a collision between SimShaker and Export plugin for SimTools V3.

Both use connection name "c1"

Try to replace all "c1" with, for instance, "c2" in Export.lua files to resolve the conflict.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]