SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

The most effects were quite good since their are usually played isolated and thus longer playtime with silence was not a issue. Only for the short effects which were played in a loop, the wrong behavior was noticeable.

The most effects were quite good since their are usually played isolated and thus longer playtime with silence was not a issue. Only for the short effects which were played in a loop, the wrong behavior was noticeable.

I see.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be great to see a screenshot with some details.

Sure

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 0 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
  bei **‎‎‎‪​****‏****‏‪**​‏‏*.‪‫***​‫​***‏*‬‫‎‫‬‫​​‫*(NumericUpDown , Decimal )
  bei **‎‎‎‪​****‏****‏‪**​‏‏*.​‬‎​‫*‬​**‫‏‎‬*‏‏**‎‬‪*‎‬‏*(Object , EventArgs )
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
   Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
SoundModule
   Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.17.
   Win32-Version: 1.0.0.17.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/manu/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/2WEJB0Y2.D20/NPQ7O8D8.2KX/ibae..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_04fe80b3a40b0cd7/DCS%20World/Sound%20Module/SoundModule.exe.
wtvDEhJGWRilmiGPjNzXfVQXeBx
   Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 1.0.0.17.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/manu/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/2WEJB0Y2.D20/NPQ7O8D8.2KX/ibae..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_04fe80b3a40b0cd7/DCS%20World/Sound%20Module/SoundModule.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
NAudio
   Assembly-Version: 1.7.3.0.
   Win32-Version: 1.7.3.0.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/manu/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/2WEJB0Y2.D20/NPQ7O8D8.2KX/ibae..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_04fe80b3a40b0cd7/DCS%20World/Sound%20Module/NAudio.DLL.
Accessibility
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Core
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

1666504877_2015-08-0217_58_06-SimShakerforDCSWorldVersion1.0.6.3.thumb.png.29948ee4ce9a3035e216e0be46a502c7.png

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

OK, thank you. One of Numeric UpdDowns is trying to be set into zero value.

I'd like to see how Sound Module looks like after you press "Continue" button.

Exactly like in the sreenshot from my the previous post.

... and being patient (watining for some timee) brings me to the hardware (soundcad) selection screen.

... so I just requested an activaton key.

1316460466_2015-08-0217_58_06-SimShakerforDCSWorldVersion1.0.6.3.thumb.png.71bf5d6640e0edd453e88c4d577c6acc.png

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

... and being patient (watining for some timee) brings me to the hardware (soundcad) selection screen.

Does it work after selection a sound card?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... so I just requested an activaton key.

I've managed to reproduce the problem at my side.

Here is a workaround to fix the problem until next update is published.

1638831792_2015-08-0219-44-50SimShakerforDCSWorldSoundModule(beta).png.cf0c3a3e7d2900001c8616e25ec61174.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not getting this exception any longer, good workaround.

Looks like that variable needs to be properly initialzed.

I reactivted my onboard soundcard for testing. I used the green jack to plug my BK, but the demo sound does not seem activate th BK.

Edit:

Rebooted -> Now the Demo works. Almsot kicked me out of my seat *g*.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

I am not getting this exception any longer, good workaround.

Looks like that variable needs to be properly initialzed.

I reactivted my onboard soundcard for testing. I used the green jack to plug my BK, but the demo sound does not seem activate th BK.

Edit:

Rebooted -> Now the Demo works. Almsot kicked me out of my seat *g*.

Fasten seat belts man, you are almost airborne with SimShaker :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I further played around with the sounds. I created new sounds in the original length for some parts in Audacity. There, the preview is really good. But, in the soundmodule this file is not played? This file is 50ms in length, overall, I've noticed additional problems with this short files. I sent you the file this morning...

Bye

I further played around with the sounds. I created new sounds in the original length for some parts in Audacity. There, the preview is really good. But, in the soundmodule this file is not played? This file is 50ms in length, overall, I've noticed additional problems with this short files. I sent you the file this morning...

Bye

Hi Olaf,

Sound Module plays your file, you can see that, if you switch on Log to Screen option, but visualizer doesn't show very shot files.

Earlier I had increased length of my original file to 100 ms, I think you should do the same to correspond a timer interval of the effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I'm still at work and can not play around with it.

How does SoundModule play the sounds internally? Are you triggering each sample in a single thread? Do you use multiple threads? Do you support file looping? In my point of view, it might be better to run a thread for looped files. Which can then be manipulated/controlled from you main process. Thus, you don't need to deal with correct file looping...

I finally got the last parts I needed for my homemade buttkicker setup, instead of a second sound card I noticed my PC recognizes the optical output as a separate device from the analog output, so I simply ordered an optical to analog converter for the transducer to use. SimShaker is working great :thumbup:

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Ok, I'm still at work and can not play around with it.

How does SoundModule play the sounds internally? Are you triggering each sample in a single thread? Do you use multiple threads? Do you support file looping? In my point of view, it might be better to run a thread for looped files. Which can then be manipulated/controlled from you main process. Thus, you don't need to deal with correct file looping...

Thanks for your advice Olaf :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I finally got the last parts I needed for my homemade buttkicker setup, instead of a second sound card I noticed my PC recognizes the optical output as a separate device from the analog output, so I simply ordered an optical to analog converter for the transducer to use. SimShaker is working great :thumbup:

Cool!

Thanks for your positive feedback and welcome to discussion Deezle :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your advice Olaf :)

During my time study times I played around with OpenAL. If I remember correctly, OpenAL supports that stuff out of the box. Here, you could also manipulate the sound files, e.g. pitch. This could be used to get an even more realistic engine vibration simulation...

Ok, trying to install Simshaker for dcsworld to my PC. However its stating it cant find dcs world, which isn't surprising as I use dcs world open beta. Can someone please tell me, where I go to point the simshaker file to the correct location please?

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ok, trying to install Simshaker for dcsworld to my PC. However its stating it cant find dcs world, which isn't surprising as I use dcs world open beta.

Cowboy10uk

Hm... don't you have release version installed?

Can someone please tell me, where I go to point the simshaker file to the correct location please?

For the first time Scripts folder, containing export.lua and simshaker.lua, should be copied manually from {DriveLetter}:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\ to your \Saved Games\DCS.beta\ folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no I don't Andre, I only have open beta installed.

downloading dcs world now. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

no I don't Andre, I only have open beta installed.

downloading dcs world now. :)

Cowboy10uk

I think we can handle without DCS World installing.

Try to

1)create \Saved Games\DCS folder and empty file Export.lua in the folder

2)start SimShaker again.

3)After that copy the files to \Saved Games\DCS.beta.

Done

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yep that did it, Thanks

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:) That might help.

OK all appears to have loaded fine and sound module up, using the workaround from last page.

sent you my string for the activation key mate.

guess I better setup my old Buttkicker just to test it, while I wait for the Jetseat. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]