Chuck's UH-1H Huey Guide

Charly_Owl

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3emw4Z1ZBSG1xanM

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Special thanks to Derelor and Sithspawn for working on the DCS Huey manual, and folks from the Virtual 229th Battalion of the 1st Cavalry Division, including Flyer, GunfighterSIX, Samri and Skullz. The 229th flies these choppers for all they've got and I had the chance to be shown the basics by real-life helicopter pilots who really know what they do. Real pros.

Website to the 229th:

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 4

thanks Chuck, great stuff! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Chuck.... we have to talk ....:chair:

Just when I finished the MiG-21Bis guide and getting a better grip on one or two things, I thought now I can concentrate on friends or getting the house and garden in shape.... But hey, Mr. Chucks sabotaged all this with a new, shiny guide.

Damn.... you are ruining my social life.:D:D

Again....thanks for the good work!:thumbup:

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Well done Charly Owl, great "pam" love your work.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Whoa, impressive!! Good job! Well put together. :thumbup::thumbup:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. That one was particularly hard for me to get right and explain some things in relatively simple terms. I am glad you appreciate it.

Now, the 1 million $ question:

What aircraft do you want next: Mi-8 or the A-10C?

Now, the 1 million $ question:

What aircraft do you want next: Mi-8 or the A-10C?

I'd say the A-10C since new stuff will be added to the Mi-8 in the very near future. You don't want to make an incomplete guide. And thanks for the Huey guide!! Downloading right now :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hip of course :thumbup:

Man, this guide is excellent, the best you've wrote so far IMO! So thanks again, a great resource for Peter Pilots... aaaand, it has to be said, us old hands too :music_whistling:

However, regarding the UH-1H engine parameters as modelled by BST: some folks have suspected they're off, but eyeballing through the guide it doesn't seem so, or not by much at any rate. So what's your take on this - is the engine performance modelled correctly?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The Hip of course :thumbup:

Man, this guide is excellent, the best you've wrote so far IMO! So thanks again, a great resource for Peter Pilots... aaaand, it has to be said, us old hands too :music_whistling:

However, regarding the UH-1H engine parameters as modelled by BST: some folks have suspected they're off, but eyeballing through the guide it doesn't seem so, or not by much at any rate. So what's your take on this - is the engine performance modelled correctly?

Engine performance is slightly off, but not for all phases of flight.

In a 5 ft or a 10 ft hover the torque values I get for a given gross weight and temp are maybe 10 % off. It may not seem like a lot, but it's considerable when you consider that for normal cruise settings they're pretty much bang on.

EGT temperatures are also slightly off... there are situations where you should cook your engines (based on some very knowledgeable helo pilots) but DCS seems to be a bit on the forgiving side.

But still... the DCS Huey is still the closest module I've ever seen to the real thing.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Chuck - the next one's got to be the Mi-8 mate............ thanks in advance.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I'd love to see the Mi-8 :)

I bought it in the previous sale after a lot of going 'should I? shouldn't I?'

Of course I caved and bought it and man, that's one hell of a fun ride!

Thanks for all your guides man, they are fantastic!

Definitely the F-14A/B... Duh!

;)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Great Job:thumbup: and Thanks for all the time you must put it :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

This is amazing! Thank you very much!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Where can I find a list of all of your pdf guides?

You should just link them in your sig!

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Awesome! Thanks again!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download