Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't changed lately IMO. True, 20mm+ AA takes her down pretty swiftly, but smaller-caliber fire usually doesn't I've found. Anyway, always stay at standoff range whenever possible regardless ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Why oh why are we still making campaigns for 1.5?

WHY?

2.0 is far superior! it is smoother and has a far greater FPS than 1.5!... I can collide with the trees in 2.0, pig god damn it a deck chair can end my mission!

Why? why do we do it?

what is it all about?

1.5 is a has been!

Is it me?

Am I the only one that moves forward and discards the past.... is this a fundamental flaw in EDs game plan?

Are MAPS worth nothing!!!!!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

WHY?

2.0 is far superior! it is smoother and has a far greater FPS than 1.5!... I can collide with the trees in 2.0, pig god damn it a deck chair can end my mission!

Why? why do we do it?

what is it all about?

1.5 is a has been!

Is it me?

Am I the only one that moves forward and discards the past.... is this a fundamental flaw in EDs game plan?

Keep in mind that DCS 2.5 will feature a much improved version of the Caucasus map, and then the campaigns are going to be valid again. However, I agree that the current Caucasus map has much poorer FPS compared to NTTR...

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

When 2.0 arrived, many people announced they'd fly exclusively in Nevada and never go back to Caucasus again.

Personally, I love the old map. Many regions feel like the back of my hand. Even after 2.0 release I flew lots of great and amazing missions there. If they really work out-of-the-box with the improved terrain engine, there's gonna be even more fun to be had.

When Normandy and SOH come out, I still don't see myself ignoring the Caucasus map.

But to each his own. :beer:

Personally, as a low flying sim chopper pilot.

MY world changed with 2.0 Nevada. I cannot stand going back to the cute fly through trees in 1.5.... **** me what is wrong with those talented mission designer chopper dudes!

1.5 is yesterday and if this sim keeps feeding those who need yesterday because all they know and play is all their tracks and missions in yesterday and obviously they will belong in yesterday.... eventually this game will become yesterday.... is it dying because its main users will not adapt!

ED did not advance for nothing.

People see awesome adverts to the superb and spectacular 2.0 Nevada flight sim or the Normandy map 2.5 but they will end up with fly through tree 1.5........ time to give it up guys.... time to move on and embrace the future.... we know its right. We know!

And fyi the **** mean F*ck

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

WHY?

Why? why do we do it?

what is it all about?

1.5 is a has been!

Is it me?

The color green comes to mind as a reason.

Personally, as a low flying sim chopper pilot.

MY world changed with 2.0 Nevada. I cannot stand going back to the cute fly through trees in 1.5.... **** me what is wrong with those talented mission designer chopper dudes!

1.5 is yesterday and if this sim keeps feeding those who need yesterday because all they know and play is all their tracks and missions in yesterday and obviously they will belong in yesterday.... eventually this game will become yesterday.... is it dying because its main users will not adapt!

ED did not advance for nothing.

People see awesome adverts to the superb and spectacular 2.0 Nevada flight sim or the Normandy map 2.5 but they will end up with fly through tree 1.5........ time to give it up guys.... time to move on and embrace the future.... we know its right. We know!

And fyi the **** mean F*ck

People please ignore him. He dosen't deserve a minute of you attention. People selfcentered like him are too ignorant to realize the world outside of their delusions. So just move along and let his mouth clap. Not like there is anything else he can do. :)

NTTR in any NATO helicopter: Sand, hills, and radio beacons.

NTTR in an Mi-8 (and the Ka-50 too if we ignore the ABRIS): Sand, sand, and, more sand, a hill, yet more sand, sand of a different color, another hill, and a whopping ONE radio beacon to navigate by...

Caucasus is SO much more interesting to fly in ( with the Mi-8 ) if you treat DCS as a simulator, and not as a game. I can live with the low terrain resolution for another couple of months.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NTTR in an Mi-8: Sand, sand, and, more sand, a hill, yet more sand, sand of a different color, another hill, and a whopping ONE radio beacon to navigate by...

My beacon mod, while not giving you quite the navigation breadth found in Caucasus (which itself is not presently accurate), does add 16 current and historical NDBs that are usable by the Mi-8. Maybe try it out?

--gos

My beacon mod, while not giving you quite the navigation breadth found in Caucasus (which itself is not presently accurate), does add 16 current and historical NDBs that are usable by the Mi-8. Maybe try it out?

--gos

Ooh, that's interesting! I know Caucasus isn't really accurate either, but it's better than the vanilla NTTR. :) URL for the mod?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ooh, that's interesting! I know Caucasus isn't really accurate either, but it's better than the vanilla NTTR. :) URL for the mod?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think that the Caucasus map feeds into a Cold War Europe scenario recreation. Those of us that read and enjoyed Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" will identify with that idea. DCS has always offered equipment from the era associated with those ideas and that technology, mostly because the specs were no longer classified, so as a study sim, it remained credible and offers a wealth of immersive detail. The Caucasus map may be showing its age but is due a massive upgrade of topographical resolution, collision modelling etc. I am looking forward to that, particularly as an Mi-8 fan, and with the promise of an Mi-24 module to come. Polychop's modules and wip are geared to the same historical scenarios too.

The Normandy map will I am sure get modded for Cold War scenarios. Maybe one day we will get a Fulda Gap terrain?

Nevada is more geared I think to the fast jet flyers, and Red flag missions, centred around the USA airforce training program. Its called NTTR for a reason. And it shows the beautiful potential of the EDGE engine. But its a bit flat and barren for the helicopter enthusiasts here.

We (old) old-school chopper-jocks like the European scenario for that Cold War vibe I think, maybe? And want a forested, small town populated, hills and valleys, river-beds and railways, post WW2 Europe scenario. A generation that grew up with the pre-Glasnost/Perestroika fear of imminent nuclear/conventional war in Europe. Watching Deutschland '83 recently brought it all home again, reminding me of sleepless nights dreaming of surviving in a post-apocalyptic Europe....

Just my 2 pennyworth.

Happy Christmas everyone! 2017 will undoubtedly bring us more DCS wonders.

M.

• Like 1

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

People please ignore him. He dosen't deserve a minute of you attention. People selfcentered like him are too ignorant to realize the world outside of their delusions. So just move along and let his mouth clap. Not like there is anything else he can do. :)

Isn't it you that flew a Mirage today on the target practice server and shooting down other players to screw up for them?

It was a guy called Iceman11 and according to forum history YOU used to nick Iceman11.

And want a forested, small town populated, hills and valleys, river-beds and railways, post WW2 Europe scenario.

How about modeling the western half of Colorado, from Grand Junction to Durango on the west side and Fort Collins to Pueblo on the east, for a Red Dawn scenario?

=P

How about modeling the western half of Colorado, from Grand Junction to Durango on the west side and Fort Collins to Pueblo on the east, for a Red Dawn scenario?

=P

as long as you include the Narrow Gauge between Durango and Silverton, then deal! ;):megalol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control