Mi-8MTV2 News

these are great details captain.

why don't we get such details for also uh-1? is it because they don't have such test pilot for huey like you?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are great details captain.

why don't we get such details for also uh-1? is it because they don't have such test pilot for huey like you?

I have same question

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I'm wondering, would It be somehow possible to create settings like this for the armor, ir hiders and pylons? Sometimes when I fly pure transport, there's no need for any of the fancy military stuff that just adds weight, and the map writer didn't think of removing them when placing the aircraft.

This is already possible in the ME on the "Additional properties for aircraft" tab and the "PAYLOAD" tab. Just untick "Additional Armor" , "Exhaust IR suppressor" and "EXTERNAL HARDPOINTS".

This is already possible in the ME on the "Additional properties for aircraft" tab and the "PAYLOAD" tab. Just untick "Additional Armor" , "Exhaust IR suppressor" and "EXTERNAL HARDPOINTS".

I think he means that he wishes that those options be available in mission as in on tarmac/parking/ramp and not just in mission editor. And it's a valid request since many times the mission designer did no had the time to tick/untick all the options available (especially since they are available maybe after the mission was build).

These should be available in load out menu on tarmac. This way it will be avoided to be a simple toggle in flight for some advantages. It can also be like the choice between night vision and HMS of the Ka-50.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think he means that he wishes that those options be available in mission as in on tarmac/parking/ramp and not just in mission editor. And it's a valid request since many times the mission designer did no had the time to tick/untick all the options available (especially since they are available maybe after the mission was build).

These should be available in load out menu on tarmac. This way it will be avoided to be a simple toggle in flight for some advantages. It can also be like the choice between night vision and HMS of the Ka-50.

I'll add a vote for this option. Every MP server I've been on really limits your options. Would be nice to be able select a "slick" payload.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

• ED Team
Thanks for the great news ! A question, Will we have keybindings for the doppler navigation system control panel in a future update ?

It is already released. It necessary to look in one of category = {('Right Dashboard'), ('Doppler Navigator')}

All switchs and buttons on Doppler navigation system control panel had keybindings at keys 1..8 + RAlt+RShift

And behind of the right pilot installed the Selector Switch for testing doppler navigation system:

name = _('Doppler Navigator Test Switch - CCW'),

name = _('Doppler Navigator Test Switch - CW'),

Edited by PilotMi8

Great updates but still eagerly awaiting multicrew which will revolutionise the Mi-8 in my opinion.

• Like 1

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Hey alexandrT, why do you not use more left rudder when you come into a drop so that you can use the center blister to have a better view down?

Is there a problem with this IRL?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hey alexandrT, why do you not use more left rudder when you come into a drop so that you can use the center blister to have a better view down?

Is there a problem with this IRL?

The glass left point seen better than in the central blister.

watching the vid it certainly looks like the way you do it gives better overall view to the horizon whilst using the V in the window frame to look lower.

The center blister does give a better view down but can this lead to a fixation down and a loss of overview?

Do you think of it this way or does it just all come naturally to an old real life chopper pilot like you?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

watching the vid it certainly looks like the way you do it gives better overall view to the horizon whilst using the V in the window frame to look lower.

The center blister does give a better view down but can this lead to a fixation down and a loss of overview?

Do you think of it this way or does it just all come naturally to an old real life chopper pilot like you?

just experience and training.

got to be right then.

You do this for landing without load also?... hover landing.

Watching the vid it does seem so.

Thank you for the answers.