Mi-8MTV2 News

Medical Team. Visible units in the cargo bay if you are transporting troops. A winch for fastroping special unit and so on. {...}

I like these ideas. Especially the crew winch, which would be neat for plucking downed pilots out of the sea (this mechanism really needs to exist, given the carrier-based nature of DCS!).

Oh, and so we can operate it off the upcoming supercarrier module, can we have a fictional US navy-grey and US coastguard red-white paintscheme addeds too? Thanks! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just coming back to the Mi-8 after many years not flying it (3 years maybe). And I'm really enjoying it.

I would pay 10-15 bucks too for an extension pack, something like multi crew, graphic overhaul, and a new variant as suggested. I compltely disagree with the EA policy with F-16 and F/A-18 (empty shell at full price), I would agree to pay a little to maintain older very good modules like the Hog or the Hip up to date

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, please stop wishing to pay for updates... :music_whistling:

Anyway, nothing is planned (or announced) regarding the Mi-8.

KA-50 new cockpit should arrive in the following days or weeks and (we hoppe) that the Mi-24 is still up and running...

Nothing more than that...

Guys, please stop wishing to pay for updates... :music_whistling:

I dont want to pay for an overhaul like the A10C and the Ka-50.

But i am willing to pay for an expansion-pack. New stuff.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Mi-8MTv version that has the ATGM capability as paid upgrade variant. But otherwise add the rope from the rear for fast roping (doesn't it happen from the rear hatches in the Mi-8?) and of course possibility to man the rear gunner at the rear hatches, not just the sidedoor gunner!).

The side door should be used for lifting the downed pilots (extremely important feature for DCS so that if you eject, you need to be picked up to continue in Multiplayer server, and if you die in cockpit, your pilot career is gone forever. And you need to maintain your career to get bonuses, weapons etc to fly and use. That would put air quake to the end where pilots are fearing to get shot down for nothing!)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I dont want to pay for an overhaul like the A10C and the Ka-50.

But i am willing to pay for an expansion-pack. New stuff.

I totally agree with you. Now that ED did an overhaul on the a10 & ka50 and razbam did the same with the mirage I think is time for the mi8. The cockpit is very dark and low resolution also the flight physics are unreal and no mention that many promise like multycrew were not completed.

I totally agree with you. Now that ED did an overhaul on the a10 & ka50 and razbam did the same with the mirage I think is time for the mi8. The cockpit is very dark and low resolution also the flight physics are unreal and no mention that many promise like multycrew were not completed.

How do you know the flight physics are unreal ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Multicrew has in progress and has a core feature, no exclusive.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4077740&postcount=220

How do you know the flight physics are unreal ?

This is a little example, check the speed and how high he is when he did the stunt. This guy has more than 100 videos on the mi-8 doing impossible stunts on real life. That's how i know, can you prove me wrong?:smartass:

So, you're assuming that flight physics are not correct since you can do a stunt in the sim, this very stunt which don't even came through the Mi-8 Engineer's mind ? I think it's best to completely stop flight sim in this case, because flight physics will never be 100% true. Never.

As I see things : -Is the flight model correct for most of the normal flight envelope of the aircraft AND is coherent with what the flight manual says ? Yes > Fine, No> Ask the devs for corrections.

-Is the aircraft handling correct in completely absurd aerobatics manoeuvers for which it was never designed to and that we do purely because we will not die if the manoeuver fails because we are in a computer game ? Yes>Fine, No>Don't care, since IRL, a pilot will never try to perform them anyway (except some Pappy Boyington around there x) ).

I'm not saying you are completely wrong, I just want to share with you another vision of what a ''real'' flight model can be in a sim in which it will never be 100% true anyway.

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

Bro, multicrew was one of the broken promises, and after 6 years....:noexpression::(

besides that is for the UH-1H not for the mi-8.

I totally agree with you ! :thumbup:

Broken promises...mmmm why is it that when I see those two words I immediately think to the Mi-24 module ? :D:D

So, you're assuming that flight physics are not correct since you can do a stunt in the sim, this very stunt which don't even came through the Mi-8 Engineer's mind ? I think it's best to completely stop flight sim in this case, because flight physics will never be 100% true. Never.

As I see things : -Is the flight model correct for most of the normal flight envelope of the aircraft AND is coherent with what the flight manual says ? Yes > Fine, No> Ask the devs for corrections.

-Is the aircraft handling correct in completely absurd aerobatics manoeuvers for which it was never designed to and that we do purely because we will not die if the manoeuver fails because we are in a computer game ? Yes>Fine, No>Don't care, since IRL, a pilot will never try to perform them anyway (except some Pappy Boyington around there x) ).

I'm not saying you are completely wrong, I just want to share with you another vision of what a ''real'' flight model can be in a sim in which it will never be 100% true anyway.

Ok, now you are butt-hurt because you asked me for an example and I gave it to you. The mi8 module is nice, but make it work like it's suppose to fly is very difficult. Do you see videos of real mi8 moving like in dcs? and I'm talking about take off or landing and I'm not talking about stunts. Look bro, we are in the same page just that I don't have the patient for waiting 7 more years to get the module finished. That's why I'm not willing to pay for a graphics overhaul like the ka 50, but I will $15-20 for an expansion of capabilities. If they make a mi17-V5 I using this module as a base I'm willing to pay up to $30. Hopefully :drink:

Plans, no promises and no write on stone.... :music_whistling:

With all due respect sir.

I beg to differ. This is from the E-Shop where you BUY the module. Like.. with real MONEY

It even says Key Features

Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC

Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner

Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices

Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse

Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems

Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons

Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples

Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions

Training with interactive and video lessons

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update

Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian