Mi-8MTV2 News

I used to have a hobby that I loved, it got to being too expensive for me, so the inevitable was to move on and quit griping about it. Made life a lot simpler.

It is true that the Hip doesn't need the new navigation tool.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I buy a module and now needs to purchase single systems for $ 15. What is the next? No thanks!

This System is Not part of the Mi-8MTV2, Nor is it Specific to the Mi-8,

This System, In Real Life, is a Aftermarket Purchased Addon.

This System in other Simulation Platforms, costs 49.99, 64.95 and 149.99

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I like classic navigation with the Mi-8 so I won't buy this addon. But happy it is available for those who were waiting for it.

This System in other Simulation Platforms, costs 49.99, 64.95 and 149.99

Right, however for the price, in Flight Simulator you can use the GPS in virtually any aircraft you want.

Here, for DCS, as I understand, that GPS is only for the Mi-8.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

...Here, for DCS, as I understand, that GPS is only for the Mi-8.
Too early to say that. Not "only" for Mi-8.

It's a module. You can use it with any module that supports it. Let's wait and see.

...It is true that the Hip doesn't need the new navigation tool.
I think we should think twice. :D

• Like 2

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Seems to be broken in English in 2.1

If you switch the Avionics Language to "Native", it works just fine... but only in Russian. :noexpression:

feature only works in Russian currently... Not in English and no news about it being made to be in English yet.

you are wrong its already working just select your country USA from mission editor

i'm talking about when you set avionics language in the in game settings options panel... You can choose native or English, when you choose native everything works fine... When you choose English you can't get your crew reading your checklists off to you

Too early to say that. Not "only" for Mi-8.

It's a module. You can use it with any module that supports it. Let's wait and see.

looks superb that video with the head on MI-8 silhouette sat squat on the road, tooled and hot to trot.

Superb machine.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Well, you little over-interpreting that video. In Soviet Union ( and now in many post SU countries ) this was part of normal crew training program. Flights without fancy navigation aids ( dopplers, ARK's, RSBN's ) were important part. During those flights was forbidden use electronic aids, only maps, eyes and public road network. That's why you can see so many videos from former SU area with military aircrafts and helicopters flying along roads. And when during that training you lost orientation, then you have to find way to get info were are you now. Who knows roads best? TIR drivers!.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Loads corrected.

Loads corrected.

The teams operate normally, the beam does not break at normal loads.

Confirm the normal operation of commands on video.

Hanging over the place of packing-showing the work of the teams, so I'm asking you not to throw stones at me for the long process of laying. : cry:

Laying goes to the black tire with a flag. Stacking exclusively on commands, without the use of an indicator.

Result-commands allow accurate packing of cargo.

The logic of work has been changed somewhat, now, after the separation of cargo, the height of the load from the ground to 20 m is dictated.

Multi-crew in WIP, first for UH-1H.

Edited by PilotMi8
  • Like 1

Yes, cargo delivery was spot on to the millimetre.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.