Has Mig-21 developement come to a halt ?

fjacobsen

I just wonder....

There has been some time since thyerer has been an update on som of the remaining bugs.

How about the Gunsight in Gun mode ?

Will the Jammer become operational soon ?

Has the F-14 project drained the Mig-21 project ?

Etc. etc.

FinnJ

• Like 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

there hasn't been updates for any mod for much time (besides the last mini patch for dcs world) - afaik, no more updates until DCS 2.0 is out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

I just wonder....

There has been some time since thyerer has been an update on som of the remaining bugs.

How about the Gunsight in Gun mode ?

Will the Jammer become operational soon ?

Has the F-14 project drained the Mig-21 project ?

Etc. etc.

FinnJ

No.

The fixlist is still growing for the 2.0 revision.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm wondering if I ever get the chance to read a german manual... waiting for it for about 8 months now... guess I'm better off translating the manual myself *lol*... maybe one day I'll be buying a new car, and the dealer just says "I want you to pay the whole thing, but unfortunately you'll get the steering wheel in about 8 months".

Edited by portman

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

No.

Just that I got this right - there are no larger updates planned for before DCSW2?

If that is the case, then we can certainly expect DCSW2 to be released "Soon", right? (yeah, that was a rhetorical question ... ;o)

I'm wondering if I ever get the chance to read a german manual... waiting for it for about 8 months now... guess I'm better off translating the manual myself *lol*... maybe one day I'll be buying a new car, and the dealer just says "I want you to pay the whole thing, but unfortunately you'll get the steering wheel in about 8 months".

There was a german manual announced? (genuine question)

It seems that you can read and write English very well, why need german manual? :smilewink:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Does your religion forbid reading english manuals?

To some extend it´s ok to move next updates to DCW2, but since we not even know when DCW2 will be released it opens up alot of questioning.

ED keeps saying that they are getting closer, but question is when ?

No exact day is expected, but maybe some words if it´s Q2, 3 or 4 in 2015 ?

That way we don´t have any reasons to keep asking questions about updates.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Does your religion forbid reading english manuals?

That's not the point. The point is: It had been announced (and the guys at LN were even searching for native speakers) and I was paying for it. And to be honest, sometimes a manual in your native language can be a blessing, especially when it deals with technical terms.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

That's not the point. The point is: It had been announced (and the guys at LN were even searching for native speakers) and I was paying for it. And to be honest, sometimes a manual in your native language can be a blessing, especially when it deals with technical terms.

I'm pretty much happy using english manual. Many terms are much more understandable than in my native lang.

And to be honest, sometimes a manual in your native language can be a blessing, especially when it deals with technical terms.

It actually works both ways. If you don't understand the original technical terms, it's pretty likely you won't understand the German ones either. And I'd expect it's especially difficult to translate such manuals authentically to e.g. German with it's complex nouns. You'd need someone from the air force, preferably East German one to name those funky parts :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

That is coming in two weeks....

what? :eek:

You ain't kidding right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...
No.

DCS World 2 is delayed according to the recent newsletter. Nobody knows when it will arrive!

It's been 5 months since the last update on the 21.

How long are we supposed to wait for the updates & bugs to get fixed on the 21? Has all the updates stopped until DCS World 2?

Can we have a clarification on this subject?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I tiny bugfix release wouldn't hurt…

Well major bugfix would not hurt either since EDGE is nowhere near its release as it seems.

I dont want to wait for next mig update till next year because of EDGE.

I actually have a question, Cobra:

If you were to roll out what you have for MiG-21 as a patch, would ED publish it in the auto-update? Or would they tell you that they're rolling it into the next update for DCS and that you have to sit on your hands?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

dude, just wait patient, time will explain everything. LOL

maybe I just want to type some letters on the forum, it's really boring now with dcs(totally on the forum, LOL).

(happiness that we have official newsletter this days), hope our dear Developers could focus on the next great project, I just want to find some interesting things.

Such like AMD' s next generation Graphic Card, that we can use Oculu VR with single GC on high resolution in the future. That will be really awesome for DCS. Isn't it?

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol: