Not really sure where to begin on this one. Just went from a Nvidia 980 GTX 1080P to an Acer G-SYNC monitor (4K) with Two Titan X's in SLI configuration. G-SYNC is enabled via Nvidia control panel, V-sync disabled in-game menu. Picture quality is amazing, performance stunning. Definitely noticable the difference between 1080P and 4K. He is the problem: So my refresh rate is 60. In game I get a steady 60 frames per second...and it looks ultra smooth with no stutters or tearing. So at certain times when there are miscellaneous graphics effects, i.e. 30 mm cannon impacts on the ground, certain shadows, and even dispensing flares, my frame rates instantly drop to a steady 30fps, and remain there even after the effects are no longer in play. I'm not sure if it is merely coincidental that this drop in fps equates to 1/2 my monitors refresh rate. Thoughts on this? Is this a known issue? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thank you for your input.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Known issue is that CBU explosions affects frame rate badly. But I'm not sure for 30 mm cannon impacts. It looks like similar effect, maybe it suffers from the same issue.

It is fixed in 1.2.16.39472 update but not yet released, it is still in beta.

Take a look on last post here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140468

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Known issue is that CBU explosions affects frame rate badly. But I'm not sure for 30 mm cannon impacts. It looks like similar effect, maybe it suffers from the same issue.

It is fixed in 1.2.16.39472 update but not yet released, it is still in beta.

Take a look on last post here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140468

I'm not too convinced it is related. So I disabled SLI and the issue was not recreated. I'm guessing it's either a known SLI problem, or something related to the relatively new titan x's in SLI. Anyone have a take on possible SLI issues regarding my initial FPS issue?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Hi, I use 2 GTX970s in SLI and I did never notice any FPS drop upon gun employment. As davidzill said, the clusterbombs do produce heavy stutter also for me, but FPS return to normal when the explosion effects are gone.

one thing that helped me a lot (but probably is not related to your case?) is to actually move my DCS install to a SSD.

Before I did that, I always had slight stutters upon rapid view panning and angle attacks. SSD was the biggest performance increase for me tbh and completely got rid of any stutters

It's got to be related to 4K/ SLI. Like I said, I disabled SLI; the problem I described did not occur with single card mode. Is there extra steps one must take to get SLI working properly in DCS?

Hi, I use 2 GTX970s in SLI and I did never notice any FPS drop upon gun employment. As davidzill said, the clusterbombs do produce heavy stutter also for me, but FPS return to normal when the explosion effects are gone.

one thing that helped me a lot (but probably is not related to your case?) is to actually move my DCS install to a SSD.

Before I did that, I always had slight stutters upon rapid view panning and angle attacks. SSD was the biggest performance increase for me tbh and completely got rid of any stutters

Agree for SSD. Once tried OS and DCS on SSD there is no returning back to mechanical disks. In fact, I would put it in official recommended specifications for DCS.

davidzill, yes, probably it is not the same issue. Since fps drops to the half refresh rate could be something SLI related.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Agree for SSD. Once tried OS and DCS on SSD there is no returning back to mechanical disks. In fact, I would put it in official recommended specifications for DCS.

davidzill, yes, probably it is not the same issue. Since fps drops to the half refresh rate could be something SLI related.

SSD benefits are huge. I run everything on one SSD.

I'm going to research the SLI issue. If it's a problem unknown to DCS users, I might need to reach out to Nvidia.

It's got to be related to 4K/ SLI. Like I said, I disabled SLI; the problem I described did not occur with single card mode. Is there extra steps one must take to get SLI working properly in DCS?

known NVIDIA issue, try 59khz in your resolution refresh rate, in the NVCP

under change resolution page.

nothing to do with the game.

:music_whistling:

I'm trying to manually reset the refresh rate to 59hz

via a nvidia control panel...it's not working. Thoughts?

Edited by davidzill

If there is any way around this, I would love to know!

Edited by davidzill

Go to C:/users/username/savedgames/dcs/config

and in that config folder create a .lua file called

autoexec.lua

in that file add the following;

options.graphics.maxfps = 59

Set the 59 to any desired framerate your PC is capable or running, set to 0 for unlimited.

you can also configure your screenshot quality and fileformat here;

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 100

ScreenshotExt = "bmp"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Go to C:/users/username/savedgames/dcs/config

and in that config folder create a .lua file called

autoexec.lua

in that file add the following;

options.graphics.maxfps = 59

Set the 59 to any desired framerate your PC is capable or running, set to 0 for unlimited.

you can also configure your screenshot quality and fileformat here;

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 100

ScreenshotExt = "bmp"

Would this solve this issue? As a reminder, the problem is NOT replicated in single-card mode. Because of that, I think it may(or may not be) and issue with the SLI configuration. Are there certain steps one must take in DCS to ensure SLI operates correctly? I.E. Nvidia Inspector settings, etc?

If I may better explain the issue...which fail-safe replicates itself almost on the same time stamp in the A-10C, instant action/Spring Easy mission. After destroying the first target, the script pops up detailing the next way point (enemy patrol). Within seconds, the FPS drops from a consistent 60 FPS to between 30-34, and stays there for about a minute...then it may jump back up to 60. Notably, I have noticed it does not require a single graphical effect to induce this FPS drop. In fact, the same FPS drop replicated at Batumi, clear sky at day, empty map during preflight. As I turned on the APU, the FPS dropped to 30-34, and stayed there.

I don't know if anyone has reported such an issue before, or if it is an anomaly related to operating on a 4K screen with two Titan X's in SLI. I've Google searched everywhere to no avail. Should I contact Nvidia?

***Possible resolution***

So I researched DCS/SLI profiles via Google. A link to the Nvidia support forums appeared with a link to a Titan X Nvida Inspector SLI profile. It changed the default black shark SLI profile to the one titled: Windows assessment. See link: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/548123/sli/dcs-world-sli-profile/

This is subject to further testing, but after changing the SLI information, I was not able to get the problem to replicate. Keeping my fingers crossed, I'll let you guys know later.

Looks like nVidia needs to update/make the profile for DCS World, as there are many changes to rendering since Black Shark.

Hope they give it a look since they are looking at other flight sims finally.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Looks like nVidia needs to update/make the profile for DCS World, as there are many changes to rendering since Black Shark.

Hope they give it a look since they are looking at other flight sims finally.

Absolutely. I was at a complete loss for the issue I was experiencing, for what was in the end a simple "Check-in-the-box" solution, which wouldn't even of emerged if Nvidia had kept folks up to date with compatible profiles. You'd think with the amount of money Nvidia spends on advertising SLI, G-SYNC, and their $1K video cards, they would assign a team with the specific responsibility of making sure all games on the market are compatible with their hardware by simply adjusting hardware profiles, etc. When I was on the Geforce forums, I was surprised at the level of frustration some customers were expressing with how the $1,000 video card and its newest drivers make certain games completely unplayable.

• 1 month later...

So was this a fix in the end ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals