DCS: P-40F Kittyhawk at IWM VE Day Anniversary Air Show

Ells228

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for our second reveal for the Duxford show today is an update on our Sea Fury.

I love the detail our modellers are including...

Chris

Shivers .. that Sea Fury is freaking beautiful. Hope someone is making a Tempest too!

If I could rep you I would ... but I've been told to spread the love around :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Edge 540 is a tech demo only at the moment but I think we might develop a release version if the interest is there.

There's also a potential project we're looking to work on involving it also ;)

Sea Fury FB11

....feel the love....

Edge 540 is a tech demo only at the moment but I think we might develop a release version if the interest is there.

There's also a potential project we're looking to work on involving it also ;)

Sea Fury FB11

....feel the love....

When graphics will allow a low level flight in high detail textures and more ground objects, I am sure there will be a lot of us wanting small planes of any kind. So, please release them to us, your future customers :) !

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I can't believe it, the Bearcat and now the Seafury??!!! Those drugs must be finally kicking in!! I will be your most loyal customer ever! .... Except for the helicopters. I just can't seem to fly them on a desktop simulator.

I have just purchased a thrustmaster hotas warthog and have been amazed by the difference it has made in the feel of simulators. I didn't buy it for helicopters, but anyway I've always struggled with the UH-1 but with the warthog I've found a huge improvement to my flying, and I wasn't expecting it.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I have just purchased a thrustmaster hotas warthog and have been amazed by the difference it has made in the feel of simulators. I didn't buy it for helicopters, but anyway I've always struggled with the UH-1 but with the warthog I've found a huge improvement to my flying, and I wasn't expecting it.

Get an extension for the stick and you'll be even more amazed.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I have contemplated it. I probably will now. :)I need to save some money first. The warthog left a dent in my disposable cash. :(

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I am pretty excited about all the content they are releasing. looking forward to the helicopter. But to be honest I was hoping for more information on the DCS: P-40 being that was the main title of the post. I welcome all the new info on the other projects but I am really wondering when the release of this aircraft is project as I really like to get my hands on it.

Jesse

We're aiming to have it out by Flying Legends air show in July but that date is not finalised yet. But the whole team are pushing for it.

Unfortunately we couldn't stream from Duxford and as soon as I get home on Tuesday I'll record and post up a video.

The version the public saw this weekend is slightly older textures and some wireframe to show how we develop aircraft.

And for our second reveal for the Duxford show today is an update on our Sea Fury.

I love the detail our modellers are including...

Chris

Looks smashing, but I can't say I'm thrilled to see yet another end-of-war superprop... I really hope they don't show up in WW2 servers, but I am quite certain they will. At this rate, I'm going to have to demand a P-51H just to stay competitive >.<

I think you're on the right track with the P-40 and F4F: '43 to late '44 is more interesting to me, as there is general parity in performance, huge historical significance, and it well supports the WW2 online community.

Edited by OutOnTheOP

Looks smashing, but I can't say I'm thrilled to see yet another end-of-war superprop... I really hope they don't show up in WW2 servers, but I am quite certain they will. At this rate, I'm going to have to demand a P-51H just to stay competitive >.<

At least the ACG server will most likely stick with historical matchups.

And someone will make a what-if Korea scenario with only Bearcat vs Sea Fury.

I think it'll be fun for some what-if scenarios. No other piston engined fighter that has been announced is as close to an ME262 in performance....

I don't know if I like all the new stuff except the P-40. I don't like the Idea that DCS might go the War Thunder road with US Navy and to-late-for-war planes fight my 109 :/

Why not make Typhoons. Tempest, P-38 instead? If Navy planes, give us some Japanese planes also!

• Like 1

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

• ED Team
I don't know if I like all the new stuff except the P-40. I don't like the Idea that DCS might go the War Thunder road with US Navy and to-late-for-war planes fight my 109 :/

Why not make Typhoons. Tempest, P-38 instead? If Navy planes, give us some Japanese planes also!

I am not sure I see how DCS is going the way of War Thunder. VEAO has been pretty open and say that they are going to make the planes they like and have good access to, I am sure that will be a balance between what they want and what they land for contracts. All that said, they are doing late war, early war, etc... I'm not concerned (besides wanting it all now and being able to afford it all :))

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's up to each server admin/scenario creator to limit the plane selection, if one or more planes are overpowered for the rest of the planeset.

Edited by emg

whoa! Sea fury!

This is what I want. Drop all else and concentrate on this beast boys!

Anyone doing a Korea map?

Anything you guys make with an attached hook on the tail, I'll be buying it! :thumbup:

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is a sandbox sim. The airplane mix depends entirely on the mission/campaign designer. What this means is that you can have historical match ups or not if that's what you want.

How is it that this isn't obvious? :doh:

The Edit .. looks like everyone else has got n before me lol.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!