Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

question - does the core functionality of the DCS ME preserve group names when sling cargo or troops are picked up/dropped off? I recall some time ago that the group names would change thus making it hard to write triggered actions based on group in zone.

has this changed now? Does CTLD mitigate this issue?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

question - does the core functionality of the DCS ME preserve group names when sling cargo or troops are picked up/dropped off? I recall some time ago that the group names would change thus making it hard to write triggered actions based on group in zone.

has this changed now? Does CTLD mitigate this issue?

This is handled by CTLD :)

If you have groups and add their GROUP name to this list:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L335

or just name your groups after the names already there then you can use them for triggers in game.

There is more info and an example here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2621099&postcount=3

The version of both MIST and CTLD is a little old so may need updating but you can always just watch the video :)

Hello

With the latest version, i'm not able to count cargo in zone.

What's wrong with my test mission ? :dunno:

Thanks for reporting! Found the bug, its fixed for the mission editor added crates now (it did worked for spawned crates) :)

OK, so I've tried every combination with every script disabled and still get the same error message. I made sure I have the mods loaded and everything but the DCSlog still shows the same error.

I deleted every other script and even deleted everything from the mission file and it still throws the same error.

I made an exact copy of my trigger lines in the mission that does work and still it throws the error.

I am stumped...

I'd start with an entirely fresh mission and work up small parts until it breaks? It might be something left in the mission file from an older version of DCS or did you make this mission under 1.5?

I.e start with one group and one f10 command to unload that group

then add MOOSE, then add AUTOMAN and keep going until it breaks?

The only other thing to try is the dropzone (I think you did try actually and it worked ? )

I tried replicating but I can't reproduce. Sorry I don't have enough time to look properly!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.64

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.3.74 !

Change log:

• Mission Editor crates weren't counted by crate in zone function - Bug Fixed! :)
  • Added new crate types (Wont work on Nevada until new crates are added!) - Thanks mvee!
  • Radio Beacon list item is shown even if radio beacons are disabled if beacons are spawned in the mission (Thanks emilianomolina !)
  • Bug fix for crates and/or groups disappearing when another spawns
  • Updated MIST
  • Updated all sample missions

The real sling loads are now fully working in DCS 1.5 (and 2.0 when new crates are added), its really worth a go as its a lot better than my simulated system. Be aware, the rope can now snap if you fly too fast! :)

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Examples:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

question.... can i have a specific infantry group for pickup (i.e. seal team) reserved at a specific pickzone point (like a ship) but not at any other pickup point? IS the group same of said infantry preserved when they are dropped at a dropzone or wpzone such that the group name can trigger actions?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

question.... can i have a specific infantry group for pickup (i.e. seal team) reserved at a specific pickzone point (like a ship) but not at any other pickup point? IS the group same of said infantry preserved when they are dropped at a dropzone or wpzone such that the group name can trigger actions?

But just make sure that your defined group name (i.e. seal team) is listed in the appropriate section in the CTLD script (ctld.extractableGroups) so it pick it up/detect it when you're close to the group, using F1 option in the CTLD menu, the specified group name won't appear in the menu, but using F1 will detect the group name from the list and the F1 option will grab the group in, and then you can drop it anywhere you want using back the F1 option in CTLD menu.Does works for me, unless there is a different way.

But BTW, placing groups on ship for pick-up is tricky, since you can't move them on sea, it will tell you in the ME to place it over land, the only work around i found was being able to paste it over sea, but once it's done it's not movable, so how i placed them over a ship was to paste it, look in the mission where they were on the ship, if not the right place, going back in the ME, cutting the group (CTRL-X) then repasting them a bit closer to where it needs to be, goingback in mission, look, back to ME, CTRL-X, repasting to adjust and so on. But, i only found a way to place then on a static ship, because they actualy float over, meaning if the ships moves, they will stay there and float over the water at the height they were over the ship's deck.

Edited by Doum76

Same thing here , No F10 menu also in helicargo1

Edit: Sigh... It's not just CTLD, I can't get a F10 menu on anything that should have a F10 option.

Same problem, i do get the smoke and other stuff but no F10 option

edit: just after hot fix update, same problem

Edited by Newspeedy

Having the same issue here, in the F10 menu no CTLD options.

Both previous and new version of CTLD does not work anymore, so it seems related to the recent DCS updates.

Tried a new simple mission, still no joy.

Ciribob, can you confirm this?

If yes, could you please tell the folks at ED about this because we really can't live without CTLD :thumbup:

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Sorry guys, I'm away with no access to PC so can't test.

I've posted here and if someone could do the tests I've listed at the link below that would be a huge help for when I'm back either late Sunday or Monday evening.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2987144&postcount=5

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OK, first test:

The problem dont seems to comes from Mist or CTLD.

DCS release:

I created a new mission, No mist, NO CTLD added.

Added one gruop with only one helo.

Created a trigger with a run script: missionCommands.addCommandForGroup("1", "menu text", nil ,trigger.action.outText, "looks like this work", 5)

Resoult, no F10 option created on the radio menu

DCS beta (unupdated)

I run the same mission on my unupdated beta (1.5.5.5889) and the F10 works !

Second test:

DCS release:

I created a new mission, No mist, NO CTLD added.

Added a new radio element for group with the trigger action on the panel (no script)

Works fine.

Third test:

added a new option to the menu running again the missionCommands.addCommandForGroup script

(several seconds after i created the first menu with the action command)

And the new option is added to the menu, it works !!

So... if the menu F10 is already created, the missionCommands.addCommandForGroup script works.

OK, last test:

DCS release:

Created new mission, with one group of one helo.

Created a radio element for the group using the action on the trigger panel. ( second 1)

Added Mist ( second 3 )

Added CTLD ( second 8 )

And everything works !!!

SO.... until a real solution from Ciribob, and if you need to fly this week end, just add a trigger with a "add radio element to group" before CTLD is running.

You need to be sure you are in the cockpit when pause is off or you miss the first inicialization of the F10 Menu

Since its bugged, anyway i can only run as a do script trigger instead of a do script file, only and only the troop transport part (spawning auto-generate troops or load name defined troops), so, no crate spawns, no sling load, no smoke stuff, no JTACT, only pure transport stuff?

Or is there a script with only that option

HI I was hoping someone could walk us through the specifics for getting this to work or post a quick sample mission file?

ex:

My mission has a single UH1 in group named "uh1 slick1". (among other groups). And other ctld elements set per normal

I create a trigger:

• At Mission Start Time,
  • more than 1 second, then:
  • "radio item add for group" I select "UH1 slick1"; name "F10", Flag=1 Value=1

Then I add two more triggers:

• at mission start, Time more than 3, do script mist.lua
  • at mission start, time more than 8, so script file ctld.lua

Go to my pickzone1 (All the other CTLD set up per usual, an no radio option to pick up troops.

Am I using the right script command? "radio add item for group"?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

p.s. I have attached what I am doing.

LHI-Wk3_d1v1.miz