Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

We have just noticed this issue on <51>SERVER that if CTLD script beacon is dropped and Ka-50 tunes in to it, it works for the pilot.. but with every second FPS deteriorates to a full freeze and then all helicopter clients crash to desktop and server continues running fine. I am disabling this feature of CTLD to drop beacons for the next scenario version to see how it affects server.

Excellent script nonetheless.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

We have just noticed this issue on <51>SERVER that if CTLD script beacon is dropped and Ka-50 tunes in to it, it works for the pilot.. but with every second FPS deteriorates to a full freeze and then all helicopter clients crash to desktop and server continues running fine. I am disabling this feature of CTLD to drop beacons for the next scenario version to see how it affects server.

In addition to shamandgg one question: does anyone had the same experience as described (been on 51st server as that happened yesterday severeral times and was reproducable) and does anyone know why? I flew on other helicopter related servers, dropped beacon via CTLD menu without that following CTD/crash - though I am pretty sure that no KA50 tuned that frequency in on those servers but me flying in the Huey...and I did fine without DCS freezing there. And in particular: why do only Helicopter´s DCS freeze and not fixed wing.

It´s a very strange issue we came across.

Thx in advance

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

We are using the CTLD and CSAR script on our server. We did not experience the discribed behavior so far, at least I did not note this behavior.

Ciribob, it would be great if you could add an option to the CTLD to define the maximum permissible number of troops on board for every helicopter type, for example for the Huey 10, for Mi-8 20 and for the SA342M only 2 or something in this direction?

So far I tried to modiy you script so it differentiated between Huey and Mi8, but the script breaks after some time and I cannot pinpoint the cause. I guess it is easier for you, to add this options.

Anyhow, great work, as said. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

We are using the CTLD and CSAR script on our server. We did not experience the discribed behavior so far, at least I did not note this behavior.

Ciribob, it would be great if you could add an option to the CTLD to define the maximum permissible number of troops on board for every helicopter type, for example for the Huey 10, for Mi-8 20 and for the SA342M only 2 or something in this direction?

So far I tried to modiy you script so it differentiated between Huey and Mi8, but the script breaks after some time and I cannot pinpoint the cause. I guess it is easier for you, to add this options.

nice idea!

I encountered a crash in the Mi-8 without using CTLD, just using a trigger zone transmitting a looping sound over the radio. There may be a bug in the transmission code in DCS. I'm going to see if I can reproduce it, then submit a bug to ED.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Yes the client crashes appeared only in scenario version with added non used country audio transmission to for Beacons and Silence sounds following CTLD setup instructions. It has been removed in next version, problem gone. It might be it.

tail# 44 or 444

Is it possible to add the M818, Ural-375 and HEMMT tanker truck to the pool of transportable/spawneable vehicels? That way, we can "rearm" or reactivate a FARP with fresh fuel and ammo as well as give ground units ammunition by air lifting cargo trucks in for rearming.

I'd just edit the the list of cargo here and add it:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L435

The unit = "some unit" is the actual name of the unit from the DCS units table or you can find it by opening a mission with the unit in you want to find and finding its name.

I'm not sure though that the farp will rearm as I think all the units have to be in the same group for the FARP to pick it up? Not certain though...

This script is awesome, we enjoy using and testing it.

One thing, I did not get the mortars to fire after deploying them, mobile artillery works though.

Mortars can be a bit finicky, unless they have Line of sight at around 3KM or so they wont engage.

My next task will be to allow multiple groups in to CTLD, without group splitting and I would have a table where you can configure the maximum number of units.

This is quite a big change though and I'm not in the country most of this and next month so it won't be for a while, sorry!

Yes the client crashes appeared only in scenario version with added non used country audio transmission to for Beacons and Silence sounds following CTLD setup instructions. It has been removed in next version, problem gone. It might be it.

The beacons in CTLD use the inbuilt beacon functions in DCS so if you're getting a crash, please try to replicate using a normal mission radio trigger and post in the bug section as it is likely a DCS bug :)

Again apologies for slow replies, I'm not going to be able to help out with much over the next month or so

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi All!

I have the CTLD working but I seem to keep getting a UAZ-469 vehicle when spawning crates for the FOB construction. I see in the script that it is listed on line 1296. I have changed it to other vehicles with success but how can I change that to an actual cargo crate?

ctld.staticBugFix = true --  When statics are destroyed, DCS Crashes. Set this to FALSE when this bug is fixed or if you want to use REAL sling loads :)

ctld.disableAllSmoke = false -- if true, all smoke is diabled at pickup and drop off zones regardless of settings below. Leave false to respect settings below

ctld.hoverPickup = true --  if set to false you can load crates with the F10 menu instead of hovering...!

ctld.enableCrates = true -- if false, Helis will not be able to spawn or unpack crates so will be normal CTTS
ctld.slingLoad = false -- if false, crates can be used WITHOUT slingloading, by hovering above the crate, simulating slingloading but not the weight...
-- There are some bug with Sling-loading that can cause crashes, if these occur set slingLoad to false
-- to use the other method.
-- Set staticBugFix  to FALSE if use set ctld.slingLoad to TRUE

Set ctld.staticBuxFix = false

Set ctld.slingLoad = True

To enable normal crates to spawn and normal DCS slingloading to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Just a heads up, in the latest stable 1.5 release, DCS 1.5.3.53279 Update 7 - Dynamically spawned Ground units will not engage so you will find that all dropped CTLD units will just stand around like lemons.

AI Air units are not affected.

Bug reported.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Bug reported.

Yeah, noticed this. Extremely disconcerting, since all I do nowadays is CTLD troop drops with an Mi-8 :mad: Ah well, just gotta wait for a fix then...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just a heads up, in the latest stable 1.5 release, DCS 1.5.3.53279 Update 7 - Dynamically spawned Ground units will not engage so you will find that all dropped CTLD units will just stand around like lemons.

AI Air units are not affected.

Bug reported.

Well that stinks! Thanks for letting us know.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

will just stand around like lemons.

Well mine moved actually, but ran into an ambush and got mowed down because they never reacted to the enemy in any way...

EDIT: You say stable? I'm running the latest beta and there seems to be something wrong with it too.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well mine moved actually, but ran into an ambush and got mowed down because they never reacted to the enemy in any way...

EDIT: You say stable? I'm running the latest beta and there seems to be something wrong with it too.

You can revert your DCS to the previous stable that doesn't have the bug using:

dcs_update.exe update 1.5.3.52724

The bug has already been fixed internally by ED so will hopefully be in the next patch.

But if a CA player gices them commands, do they attack then?

Not that I've seen, sorry.

Indeed, when given a command, they move into the formation in the heading needed but lead won't walk that way..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I have the same behavior with all ground groups greated via Coalition.addGroup(). Guess that is the latest feature introduced by ED. Hope that gets fixed faster than the getGroup() issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

ctld.staticBugFix = true --  When statics are destroyed, DCS Crashes. Set this to FALSE when this bug is fixed or if you want to use REAL sling loads :)

ctld.disableAllSmoke = false -- if true, all smoke is diabled at pickup and drop off zones regardless of settings below. Leave false to respect settings below

ctld.hoverPickup = true --  if set to false you can load crates with the F10 menu instead of hovering...!

ctld.enableCrates = true -- if false, Helis will not be able to spawn or unpack crates so will be normal CTTS
ctld.slingLoad = false -- if false, crates can be used WITHOUT slingloading, by hovering above the crate, simulating slingloading but not the weight...
-- There are some bug with Sling-loading that can cause crashes, if these occur set slingLoad to false
-- to use the other method.
-- Set staticBugFix  to FALSE if use set ctld.slingLoad to TRUE

Set ctld.staticBuxFix = false

Set ctld.slingLoad = True

To enable normal crates to spawn and normal DCS slingloading to work.

Has the bug with DCS crashes been fixed then?

tail# 44 or 444

Has the bug with DCS crashes been fixed then?

Yes the static bug has been fixed but real sling load crates cant be destroyed so after you unpack they'll still be there

Edited by Ciribob

Would be great if real crates had at least change in appearance to unpacked ones. So they can't be despawned from environment now you mean? Is it big issue? I'll test it out.

tail# 44 or 444

Would be great if real crates had at least change in appearance to unpacked ones. So they can't be despawned from environment now you mean? Is it big issue? I'll test it out.

Sorry edited above Answer. Real sling load crates cannot be removed once spawned currently which was why the simulated sling load system was built. :)

Sorry edited above Answer. Real sling load crates cannot be removed once spawned currently which was why the simulated sling load system was built. :)

Find this bug report here, with some more details for those interested.(now with the bug report).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2668662&highlight=Destroy#post2668662

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]