F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2

Cobra847

Damn, I got almost tricked too. I just saw F-14 dev update 2 and thought "This is it!". But then I saw the amount of replies and wondered how I could have missed so much without notice. So I checked the date and got disappointed. :doh:

Damn you Xenovia :P

But it's a nice prank :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I got almost tricked too. I just saw F-14 dev update 2 and thought "This is it!". But then I saw the amount of replies and wondered how I could have missed so much without notice. So I checked the date and got disappointed.

when i saw the 28 pages i realized something is wrong :doh:

JUST ANNOUNCE THE TOMCAT ALREADY I NEED TO SHOOT MY AIM-54C's!!!! XD legitimately in 104th anyway.

What a pointless bump, why post on a year old update for a comment like this when everyone are just waiting for a new part 2 update.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn, I got almost tricked too. I just saw F-14 dev update 2 and thought "This is it!". But then I saw the amount of replies and wondered how I could have missed so much without notice. So I checked the date and got disappointed. :doh:

But it's a nice prank :D

Lol think we all did.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

"The mind sees what it wants to see"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...
Okay Leatherneck guys. With the help of my Veteran Shipmates I was able to find out what the support equipment was.

The Huffer: NCPP-105 (for the 1980's and 90's)

1400800070im.jpg

The Geni: NC-10C MEPP

1400800064im.jpg

Are they looking for info on GSE? I'm a GSE mechanic and actually still work on NC-10's today. Last I worked on a huffer like that was in 2007 they've all been replaced with MSU 200's.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

Are they looking for info on GSE? I'm a GSE mechanic and actually still work on NC-10's today. Last I worked on a huffer like that was in 2007 they've all been replaced with MSU 200's.

Not remembering my nomenclature...that's the land based unit. What about the ship based unit?

EDIT: I was referring to the pics.

Not remembering my nomenclature...that's the land based unit. What about the ship based unit?

EDIT: I was referring to the pics.

I don't know much about the older unit but with the new MSU it can be detached from the ground handling trailer and mounted to a -31B tractor for shipboard

I tried to pull the tech pub on the -105 but it's no longer available here because it's been removed from service

EDIT: Something funny I noticed is the old huffer was a -105 and the publication for the new MSU is NA 19-105B-62

If anybody has access to NAVAIR 01-F14AAA-4-15 it should have a list of GSE for the F-14 A/B but it was deleted from NATEC in 2007

Will the Tomcats being modelled have the AN/AVX-3 Fast Tactical Imagery sharing system?

Utilising their Fast tactical Imagery (FTI) system the F-14 crews could transmit digital images captured by the pod video system to another Tomcat or back to the carrier. This ability enabled immediate battle damage assessment, quick location of targets of opportunity or allowed the position of a target to be accurately determined for targeting by other weapons.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...