MP refueling..

Yes, I know- it's not officially supported.

When FC came out the SU33 refueling script was disabled- that is you have to fly the plane the entire time. This is just peachy, thank you.

But- the US planes (A-10, anyway) still execute an "Auto level" & "auto throttle" script- But you still have to fly the alignment. I'm trying to adjust my throttles, etc and it won't respond, of course.

Perhaps we could pick one and go with it? (Either kill it or bring it back) The MP refueling already has issues, y know?

Well in the 44th we have a human flying it and it works out excellent, of course i wont go into how or anything but thats what we do and persoanlly i find nothing wrong at all with MP fueling off the US tanker with an F15 if the tanker is AI it works gret for me i really dont understand what you ppl complain about all the time about haviing mp problems granted you get stuck sometimes in auto pilot but o well...

Hit problem is that the autopilot engages. A LOT of people don't want the autopilot to engage for refueling ... I sure don't!

So please, stop the autopilot from engaging while refueling for the US birds!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

SHots- Thank you for that utterly useless response. First- I said A10. Second-you have a human flying the tanker? heh.. What else you got running on that server? And if you aren't going to get into "how or anything"- why bring it up? Tell me- what's the key combo for "lower the fueling probe"?

Yes- GG that's all I'm saying. (besides pleeease complete the last .001 % left undone) :smilewink:

(edited as GG piped in while I was typing..)

• Like 1

I always wanted air refueling, it just sounds great for missions.

ED always states (or forumers) that its too difficult due to the network being unpredictable.

couldn't they just make it so that the clients saw the hoses, and they simply would send a signal to the server about a succesful hookup?

PS: I also don't like auto pilot for refueling, I like doing it myself.

sig-YF19a.jpg

You can see the hoses- but it's obvious that it's not quite done. Short version of the story is that you have to get just about under the wing of the tanker where you will get a "cleared contact" call at some point. Sometimes right away- sometimes not. The hoses reel out and sort of float there... passing right through your plane at times- they even seem to guide themselves to your probe. Once connected you see them looking pretty normal, and they stay that way- even after you break off. I find it easy to connect- not always easy to stay connected. The fluctuating speed of the tanker, combined with it's poorly timed braking & accelerating tells me that it obviously has a female pilot. From NYC.

... The fluctuating speed of the tanker, combined with it's poorly timed braking & accelerating tells me that it obviously has a female pilot. From NYC...

LOL, yep - sometimes it looks like the tanker driver is trying to help you,

adjusting to your speed then other times...:joystick: Especially when

you join up at the end of his (her:D ) orbit leg and he turns (like a fighter)

then goes past his rollout heading and corrects... At times, I try to persuade

him to behave with few rounds.

You can see the hoses- but it's obvious that it's not quite done. Short version of the story is that you have to get just about under the wing of the tanker where you will get a "cleared contact" call at some point. Sometimes right away- sometimes not. The hoses reel out and sort of float there... passing right through your plane at times- they even seem to guide themselves to your probe. Once connected you see them looking pretty normal, and they stay that way- even after you break off. I find it easy to connect- not always easy to stay connected. The fluctuating speed of the tanker, combined with it's poorly timed braking & accelerating tells me that it obviously has a female pilot. From NYC.

I did it on MP with a spanish guy, three SU33 to one tanker. It was the 1.02 vertion of the game, you won see the basket but it is possible to hook up. to do it fly using the waypoint circule on the HUD, keep it center wacht your speed to . the basket will appears when you are about to hook up.

I have not try that on FC

I did it on MP with a spanish guy, three SU33 to one tanker. It was the 1.02 vertion of the game, you won see the basket but it is possible to hook up. to do it fly using the waypoint circule on the HUD, keep it center wacht your speed to . the basket will appears when you are about to hook up.

I have not try that on FC

On FC you also have to approach very close of the tanker/wings to see the basket. :thumbup:

Brazil

Falcoes da Noite

=FN=Eagle

www.falcoesdanoite.com

forum.falcoesdanoite.com

Refueling the A-10 on line can have its draw back. Problems with the altitude hold and speed hold can be dealt with. It helps if you fly using the window as a reference and not using the boom for a reference. Once you have reached and maintain the sweet spot the boom is activated by the receiver’s aircraft position below and behind the tanker. Not released by a key command. The tanker using F2 view if enabled by the server may direct position. Refueling speed for the A-10 is 220 knots to 245 depending on its load. I.e. if the flight of A-10 is carrying a full load of arm the 245 knots helps stabilize the aircraft. Once you get to the point of flying to the same contact point the auto functions will rarely interfere with your hook up to receive fuel. If you do be come stuck of to the side of the center point closing the refueling drogue door and pressing A and J will restore you aircraft to a controllable state. If you wish to join us for some refueling practices just let me know. The only requirements are Teem Speak fallowing the instructions and command of the Tanker / Boom operator and no weapons or fooling around wile in the tanker’s airspace Please feel free to join us in gaining a greater understanding of air to air refueling we are learning more every day:pilotfly:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.