New DCS Site Crashes my System

lazduc

I have tried numerous times now and get the same results. If I go to the following link....http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com my computer crashes.

I checked all my video settings and all is ok.

It seems like that site wants to change my video settings. :helpsmilie:

I can go to ED Forums and everything is ok. Try and use the above link and it crashes.

Any ideas???

Laz :D

• Like 1

I have tried numerous times now and get the same results. If I go to the following link....http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com my computer crashes.

I checked all my video settings and all is ok.

It seems like that site wants to change my video settings. :helpsmilie:

I can go to ED Forums and everything is ok. Try and use the above link and it crashes.

Any ideas???

Laz :D

My initial guess would be video driver issues. Are those up-to-date?

Other than that info about your setup would help. What exactly do you mean by "crashes"? Is it a blue screen? Does it freeze? Does it reboot itself? Or does your browser just close?

What OS and what browser?

I doubt it's a video driver issue. More likely than not, they are using coding (Java or whatever) on the new website that's conflicting with code that you're running on your machine (versions way out of sync, perhaps) that interpret/format/display the website. Another possibility, I suppose, is that it's designed for a certain IE version and your browser (whatever it is) is sufficiently different to be in conflict. Have you tried it with a different browser?

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I am experiencing some ''heavy'' loading on this site... with all drivers up to date etc, this new DCS site seems to load a bit heavy which can also sometimes affect my browser and slow down the loading of other sites (if this new DCS site is still loading)..

I think some improvements of this site is needed.. or at least wanted :) maybe EDWE (Eagle Dynamics Web Engine)??

Edit: seems to be only the main front page of this site to be loading heavy (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/index.php).

I like to use to page to see if theres any new interesting threads on the forum.

Edit2: Im using Google Chrome and Ive only experienced this on the new site, for all I remember..

Edited by AceRevo

What kind crash is that? BSOD, browser crash or your PC resets itself?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Just jumping in here! I am having problems with the new website as well. About 2 secs after I go to the website, my monitor flashes black and then comes back up. At that point one of two things normally happens: either it crashes the computer or it locks up Internet Explorer. Randomly, this morning is the first time I actually got access to the site. It black screened and then came up working.

System: I5 2500K, 8GB Ram, 240 GB SSD, 2GB HD, Win 7 64bit.

I tested it a few more times. If the website home page doesn't crash my computer, the very next page I click on will every time. BSOD

I neglect to list my video card in the last post. It is an AMD 6850 1GB card. I will try a driver update and see if that helps.

Just jumping in here! I am having problems with the new website as well. About 2 secs after I go to the website, my monitor flashes black and then comes back up. At that point one of two things normally happens: either it crashes the computer or it locks up Internet Explorer. Randomly, this morning is the first time I actually got access to the site. It black screened and then came up working.

System: I5 2500K, 8GB Ram, 240 GB SSD, 2GB HD, Win 7 64bit.

Internet Explorer. That's an issue by itself..

Outside of that, it's a GPU Hardware Rendering in use causing the Driver to crash, if it can recover, it will, other wise you get dumped to the halt state screen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I doubt it's a video driver issue. More likely than not, they are using coding (Java or whatever) on the new website that's conflicting with code that you're running on your machine (versions way out of sync, perhaps) that interpret/format/display the website. Another possibility, I suppose, is that it's designed for a certain IE version and your browser (whatever it is) is sufficiently different to be in conflict. Have you tried it with a different browser?

This is highly dependent on what he means by freezing/crashing. You should immediately suspect drivers if it affects the entire OS. There is a separation of where code runs and thus what certain code can break when it breaks. For example, Java, the browser, and plugins these days all run in "user mode" and it would be extremely unlikely for a problem with "user mode" code to affect the Kernel, thus crashing the OS.

On the other hand, certain driver code must run in the Kernel or at least use kernel interfaces. Video is the most likely culprit as the code necessary for accelerating 2D and 3D video on websites will be working closely with the driver.

The bottom line is that these days with the OS/App separation, it is always the driver's fault for allowing an application to crash it. A single app misbehaving should never bring down the entire OS.

The OP hasn't responded yet, but hopefully if he returns he'll be able to provide more detail about the issue, or try updating video drivers.

I reconfigured several items...Update win7, cleaned registers, reloaded virus checker and changed some settings, changed a few settings in networking and updated video driver and systems drivers.....it no longer crashes going to the new site....cannot really say what fixed it. I did not have time to change one item and then check if that change was the solution.

Laz