April 2015 DCS World Newsletter

Cibit

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the SAM killer video. love the way the old terrain looks under EDGE. Also love the smooth smoke. Looks so much nicer.

Yeah, the old terrain is wat struck me most to be honest. Those fields realy did look a lot more like fields. Sure, they get the idea accross the way they are now, but they are clearly old, worn and washed the wrong way.

:thumbup:

:drink::drunk::cheer3nc::wub::worthy::censored: I'll just stick my Visa to the monitor:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I´d love to see some dark smoke columns from wreckage at some point.

And the clouds...

For what can be achieved within the technical restrictions of this genre, I personally think the new visual quality of DCS can be compared to the sense ARMA 3 gives you in terms of visual immersion into an environment.

+1

Although they need some major work on damage modelling of vehicles and environmental models. But well...one step at a time. :) :thumbup: I am looking forward to flying around in the old terrain on EDGE. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Exciting update indeed, glad the dedicated server is on its way :thumbup: I also hope the threes are updated on the old Caucasus map to support collisions. The Caucasus map is very good to make CA battles in ways you won’t have in the desert maps.

Great stuff all around. Thank you for sharing it with us, I'm particularly excited about Combined Arms and how far ED can push its features and realism. Keep the midnight oil flowing, hopefully oil will turn to money and appreciation soon enough. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WOW! The new graphics engine looks amazing, even with the existing Georgia map it is a big upgrade. Never seen such realistic imagery in a sim.

With all of these pending projects and upgrades, we are on the cusp of some amazing flight sim experiences. Much better than I would have ever imagined 5 years ago.

Thank you for the update! I'm at the edge of my seat waiting (no pun intended...)

-Nick

I spent hours last night looking for a certain flight sim I used to play

on my Amiga 500. I finally found it....Fighter Duel 2 pro was the name.

When I think about the enjoyment I use to get playing that game via modem

against some friends, I now crack up, as the graphics were NOTHING and

when I look at what DCS World has, I cant tell you just how much

I appreciate the fact that its so real feeling now.

Thank You all so much for all of your hard work and I am really looking

forward to new planes and 2.0 !!!

• Like 1

Many thanks to ED, excellent newsletter!

Wow.. multicrew looks so exciting in L-39. First day purchase here! :thumbup:

I like a lot how the old map looks under EDGE, for sure it will be nice to have it updated in conjunction with the new NTTR map.

The missile trails and the flares!! wowww amazing! :pilotfly:

Oh! and the low flying high speed video from Glowing amraam is just awesome, dude you are so lucky! :smartass:

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

Great update! Full of interesting content. Thank you ED.

GA, how much attempts have you done to pass your F-15 through the tiny hole at 00:42? Impressive! :thumbup:

Can't wait to try it by myself...

(EDIT: I just have, by nostalgy, seen 'Project 10' again. Hope GA, you will bake us a so epic Project 18...)

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Thank you for this very good News! Nice Vids and the "old" map looks so "new" and awesome within the new engine! :thumbup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Exciting update indeed, glad the dedicated server is on its way :thumbup: I also hope the threes are updated on the old Caucasus map to support collisions. The Caucasus map is very good to make CA battles in ways you won’t have in the desert maps.

I don't think we are getting collisions with trees for old map. Only new maps have that possibility. Most of the trees in the current map are a single forest model...so that means its hard to make a collision model for the forests of trees without doing a sloppy job...not to mention AI is unable to navigate through them effectively.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Very strange...I tried looking at: "For anyone curious, here is the F-15C video at 60 FPS.. " by Glowing_Amraam.....and my computer crashed.

I also had a large stutter and video crash which recovered when I went to the new DCS Site. Everything else is OK. I have never had this happen. Are these two events/related...in that they are trying to change my screen resolutions???? Or change some graphic settings????

Laz

I have to say that I am not too impressed, I was hoping to see more on the release date of DCS 2. Considering the 2 months of silence, I would have thought that they would have more release info for DCS2, or even the Albatros. Where are the videos showing new explosions? Are there new explosions? The question is, are we going to have to go 2 months before we here from them again?

ED, why did you wait so long before you talked to your customer base again?

Moderators, this is constructive critique about DCS 2 and how they should handle their customer service.

We all see things differently.

I still think this update is MUCH better than zero info for a long time (years) and then a release after everyone has forgotten about it.

These are huge projects with few people working on it (and the domino effect from each change/addition takes a long time to find/sort out). Seems logical that it would take a long time to finish.

At least things are getting close(er?)...

-Nick

Just tried again and the video came up but it was rather strange again. I then just went to the new DCS site and IT CRASHED again. This time recovery did not work and had to totally reboot the computer.....hey whats going on with the new DCS site? Anyone else seeing this......??

Laz

I have to say that I am not too impressed

Judging from your short posting history on this board, you haven't been "too impressed" once about anything. Fine, what you posted here is indeed constructive criticism, but having seen your older posts you're just being negative all the time. Why is that?

Now, if you don't like the sim in its current state, that's just fine. But if things as they stand _really_ get on your nerves, why not leave DCS for awhile and come back later, say when v2.0 finally gets released?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

by Sobek:

That was about wing vapor.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This was an amazing newsletter imo, loved all the videos they linked in. That fast and low F-15 really got me excited again, can't wait!!

You're right, that was a great call.

The videos make it much easier to appreciate the big changes from current DCS. I rather amazed at how different it looks. This emphasizes how important realistic lighting is for capturing the look and feel of reality.

Impressive stuff!

-Nick