Limping back home

Bah... Just about to give up on flaming cliff's last mission (11)?

I can barely get enough time to fire off a missile before having to fly evasive manouevers.. For some odd reason, the SAM sites seem to have this fantastic reload time.. :(

But... it all allowed me to show you just how sturdy this plane is..

shocking7ep.jpg

Guest IguanaKing

They also seem to have unlimited re-loads. Great screenshot...glad you were able to bring 'er home. :D

Speaking of limping back home. The A-10 and Su-25 are known for taking heavy damage and still getting home but check this. A lot of people probably already know about it for a long time but I haven' seen any pictures of it till now. It's the Israeli F-15D that collided with an A-4 in a 2v4 dogfight.

OneWingF15.jpg

"Israeli propaganda machine"? Ruh-roh...politics on the horizon. :pilotfly:

Not from me. This is not the appropriate forums for politics.

Original post edited to avoid political discussion or flame war.

Yeah I thought that too. The bottom three pics on the left seem photoshoped to me. The one that shows the fuel leaking form the wing is an F-15E. I can see the CFTs (which Israeli F-15C and Ds do use from time to time), the LANTIRN pods and a 120 on the wing and this is in 1983! :megalol: I don't think a 'winder of Python 3 would stick out that far and it would have control fins up front unless it is a ACM pod.

Yeah I thought that too. The bottom three pics on the left seem photoshoped to me. The one that shows the fuel leaking form the wing is an F-15E. I can see the CFTs (which Israeli's F-15C and Ds do use from time to time), the LANTIRN pods and a 120 on the wing and this is in 1983! :megalol:

They could have edited the pics a bit better to make it believable but well.... :megalol:. What pointed it out to me is that the pics on the ground has a sizeable stub of broken wing but in the fuel pic and landing pic there is nothing (they even removed part of the taileron). plus the fact that the body might have given a bit of lift to aid in landing it but it would not have approached at a "normal" attitude but a slight starboard tilt.

They could have edited the pics a bit better to make it believable but well.... :megalol:. What pointed it out to me is that the pics on the ground has a sizeable stub of broken wing but in the fuel pic and landing pic there is nothing (they even removed part of the taileron). plus the fact that the body might have given a bit of lift to aid in landing it but it would not have approached at a "normal" attitude but a slight starboard tilt.

The pilot landed it at 260kts touchdown speed with the hook down, no way would it have had its nose that high if it did even with the loss of likt because the the missing wing. But the story is 100% more or less. The problem here is that what ever way it was edited for the History Channel so that they could have some extra pics to show.

Guest Cali

And where did his external tank go? you see it in the pictures on the left but in on the right.

And where did his external tank go? you see it in the pictures on the left but in on the right.

Where did his two external tanks go? Bottom left has a centerline and wing tank and on the right they are both gone. Plus why hang on to them with a damaged fighter and the fact a wing with a tank on one side and no wing at all on the other would make it almost impossible to control even if he had to hang onto them because of the loss of fuel.

Guest Cali
Where did his two external tanks go? Bottom left has a centerline and wing tank and on the right they are both gone. Plus why hang on to them with a damaged fighter and the fact a wing with a tank on one side and no wing at all on the other would make it almost impossible to control even if he had to hang onto them because of the loss of fuel.

lol yeah I didn't even see the centerline tank on there. I'm sure you would want to get rid of any extra weight.

It was photo op time, so they cleaned it up a bt...The ones on the right are of the aircraft landing..the one on the left are...Hi my name is Ishmael and this is Cap'n Ahab who speared the mighty white whale :pilotfly: ......................................................................................

Guest IguanaKing
Not from me. This is not the appropriate forums for politics.

Original post edited to avoid political discussion or flame war.

Thanks RedStar...just stick with the facts, dude. :D

err.. omg. I've never seen those pics before... How the hell did he get it back home??? If you try doing something like that in the su-25, it just won't do it... it'll roll over and head for the ground.. (I realise it's a sim).

But yeah, some of those photos are inconsistent but it still looks cool.

Loose a wing on any fighter in LO and there is no way to control it. It just starts to roll and won't stop, I've tried it many times with the same result. It is a sim after all.

The IAFDF asked McDonnel Douglas after the accident if it were possible to land a 15 with one wing. MDD got back to them and said that form their computer simulations that it was impossible and a fews days later the IAFDF sent MDD the photos which shocked them and said that they must have had a very good pilot to get it back and land it.