Unable to install

:doh:DCS World update 1.2.16.38741.722.423. After hours downloading at snails pace due to living in rural france and following instructions to the letter,the game refuses to install.

When I click the "exe" file, the process starts, then it states..." setup needs next disk", please insert disk1 and click ok. "If the files can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse.

All the files are in the one folder. What the hell can I do?

• ED Team
:doh:DCS World update 1.2.16.38741.722.423. After hours downloading at snails pace due to living in rural france and following instructions to the letter,the game refuses to install.

When I click the "exe" file, the process starts, then it states..." setup needs next disk", please insert disk1 and click ok. "If the files can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse.

All the files are in the one folder. What the hell can I do?

Re-check names of install files. They shouldn't consist symbols like "(1)". This happens if you download the same file twice.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

can you check if all files have the correct name?

i.e. if trying to DL 2 times you might have files with xxxxxxx(1).xxx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I would also re-download all the files from scratch using other program to download them. Sometimes I had the downloader program say that it completed the download successfully, but in reality the files where corrupted. Check also the MD5 numbers. And last, check if an antivirus program blocks the installation.

I would also re-download all the files from scratch using other program to download them. Sometimes I had the downloader program say that it completed the download successfully, but in reality the files where corrupted.

These are two different statements.

Corruption of files is not the fault of your download tool. Its job is to download stuff, not to verify its integrity.

Files may be corrupted, but your downloader didn't lie when tellling you it completed the download.

These are two different statements.

Corruption of files is not the fault of your download tool. Its job is to download stuff, not to verify its integrity.

Files may be corrupted, but your downloader didn't lie when tellling you it completed the download.

When I used one downloader it said that it finish the job and had download the files 100% and I was having troubles. When I used another program to download the exact same files from the exact same links the installation was completed. I didn't check the MD5 but it was definitely something wrong with that program. If the downloader downloads the files in small chunks and don't but them back together as it should, even if it reports that all went fine, it messed up. So what's the harm for the OP to try and see for him self if this helps him or not?

So you did 2 different downloads. One download had corrupted files, the other didn't. So this is in any way evidence for a technically weird statement?

The "harm" done is the confusion you spread by claiming any connection between your successful second download and your use of two different downloaders. Your simple judgement to bear the second downloader "better" than the first one is in no way justified by this.

Downloaders aren't responsible for corrupted data streaming aboard your computer.

I was using the first downloader to download the same files many times and all where corrupted (as it finally turned out) even thought the program claimed that it had completed the download successfully. The first time I used another program to download the same files all went well. So the dowloaders can sometime make mistakes.

What confusion am I spreading? If what I said helps the OP, isn't that what is the point of this thread? And if it's not a bug from the downloader he uses then at least he will have excluded one possible thing that may or may not be of fault. I haven't even said what program I used. I don't advertise a curtain application. I simply shared a previous experience I had and how I solved the problem. If that helps the OP I am asking again: What is the problem?

• Like 1

Your 1st file is suspicious (size a bit too little it seems, compared to the others).

Use MD5 checksum (provided by ED on the download page) and a dedicated tool (free, google it) to verify which file(s) is broken. Then re-download only the problematic one(s), you'll save time vs a full re-download, especially considering your low speed connection.

Just to be sure, you're trying to do a new install, right? You don't already have DCS World (previous version) installed? Because if you do, the right thing to do is to use the auto-updater.

++

Az'

spacer.png