Mission Planner not working in any mission for any module

DarkFib3r

A strange issue has popped up on my install of DCS World: when I click Mission Planner in any mission for any module, I get a full-screen display that looks like it is zoomed into the water without any mission briefing interface. Essentially, it is a full screen of light blue. The only way I can get out is with Alt-F4, which presents a dialog "Are you sure you want to quit?" with a Yes and No button.

I can use the Mission Editor without a problem and the missions run fine, but the Mission Planner is messed up.

I am running the latest update of DCS World. I disabled all of my mods (I use JSGME). I tried changing my display settings, including switching between full screen in the options and changing my resolution. I even ran the Repair DCS World. None of these fixed the issue. Before I uninstall and reinstall, I am wondering if there is a known workaround for this issue, or if anyone else has ever experienced this?

After it happens please post your dcs.log and me.log found in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs. Chances are there is a lua error with the mission editor. The logs could help identify the problem.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its hard to say, but further digging into the lua files from your logs make it possibly look like a corrupted file within your savedgames/dcs/mission editor folder. How that could have happened, I don't know. Perhaps a mod somehow screwed it up and the saved games section isn't changed when you run a DCS repair. I suppose if it happens again try deleting the savedgames/dcs/mission editor folder or possibly the entire thing (make backups for inputs settings), to see if that fixes the issue.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum