SU-25T TAKE OFF AND LANDİNG

ebabil

this plane immediately starts to change direction while taking off or landing. and ofcourse if i use rudders to correct this situation it gets even worse. is there option to lock nose wheels like in a-10c?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I don't believe there is a nosewheel steering control for the Su-25 or 25T in DCS.

That said, absent pilot inputs, it's pretty stable while rolling unless there's a strong crosswind, in which case the large vertical stabilizer will catch the wind and push the nose of the plane around.

It can be countered with a combination of counter rudder and roll, the manual has the exact procedure.

It does take some practice to get used to, and it helps a great deal to have a pair of pedals or a control on your HOTAS that allows rudder to be assigned to an axis control with fine control resolution. With the keyboard strong or variable crosswinds can be difficult to correct for.

Lots of practice, and small gradual control inputs are the key if you have good input hardware.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

this plane immediately starts to change direction while taking off or landing. and ofcourse if i use rudders to correct this situation it gets even worse. is there option to lock nose wheels like in a-10c?

The SU-25 and SU-25T are control like any other aircraft in FC3/DCS, using rudder/nose wheel steering ( NWS). Be careful with asymmetric loading ( different weapons on each wing, i.e. Fuel Tank on station 5 and KH-29 on 6) Also be aware of cross wind. Another common mistake is overloading the aircraft. Many people want to carry everything plus the kitchen sink.

Additionally, A-10C does not lock the nose wheel (AFAIK).

The steering system, which is designed to operate in the steering, fail-safe, or dampercaster (free swivel) mode provides directional control and nose wheel shimmy damping

of the aircraft during the landing roll and taxiing.

I am just be grateful is not as bad as the real one, look how difficult it seems

This pilot moves the rudder pedals so much it looks like he is riding a bicycle.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The SU-25 and SU-25T are control like any other aircraft in FC3/DCS,

Additionally, A-10C does not lock the nose wheel (AFAIK).

i don't think su-25t has same landing and take off characteristics. it can be get out of control any time during take off or landing. btw thanks for the loading advises. i will try to jettison weapons before landing. and will try to avoid overloading it.

in a-10c, you can disable (very limited available) nose wheel steering by pressing a button. it really helps keeping aircraft stable at both take off and landing sequence.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i don't think su-25t has same landing and take off characteristics. it can be get out of control any time during take off or landing. btw thanks for the loading advises. i will try to jettison weapons before landing. and will try to avoid overloading it.

in a-10c, you can disable (very limited available) nose wheel steering by pressing a button. it really helps keeping aircraft stable at both take off and landing sequence.

Have you check your control and axis setting for the SU-25T, it could be the reason why you are having problems with it.

SU-25T is just a bit heavier, can carry different weapons and has better equipment (avionic). But a clean SU-25T flies like a heavy SU-25 ( or a trash truck on a ice road).

Yes, you can turn NSW off on the A-10C

Not so on all FC3 aircraft, F-15 you can increase the turning ( the degrees the nose wheel turns) but not turn off NWS

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..